Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

I just got a pair of the 'new' 5507xx, and the denim is looking good, feels nice. Construction seems good, nice mixed stitching with lemon/gold interspersed.

I do have to say, the sizing is definitely smaller than previous runs. Not sure if its my pair or a general thing, but I actually sized up to a 32 from a true 30-31. I had planned on getting a 30, and had tried on one of the old run size 29, and it fit the same as the new 30, or so it seemed. So, I ended up with a 32, to go for a bit of a looser fit, and after measuring, they measure 16" across the waist, instead of the previous sizing where it was about 1" larger than tagged.

I plan on soaking pre-wear even though these are sanforized, so I'll check the post-soak measurement when that time comes.

Guest I LOVE LFC

This is the closest I've got to owning Skulls-

DSCF7486.jpg

Front rise was just too much for my balls to take. Should have gone for the 5507's with the roomier top section.

Absolutely gutted, I've just had to post them back to the shop.

Front rise was just too much for my balls to take. Should have gone for the 5507's with the roomier top section.

5507s aren't much roomier in the top block. Rise is just slightly higher, still very tight in the same size. You might have been better off just sizing up or something, or Skulls might not be the right fit for you.

I feel your pain though, I have a sized down pair of 5010s that just barely fit me and aren't very comfortable though the fit looks amazing

Guest I LOVE LFC

Yea sizing up would have been perfect I think. I would have as well but the shop didn't offer anything above 34, so just risked it because I wasn't ordering from abroad.

Yea, I think the the fit on skulls is one of the best by far for look, maybe less so on the comfort, haha.

Guest I LOVE LFC

Thanks for the thought man but the leg opening is too much for me. I've actually set the ball rolling on some 02's from Ooe, the higher rise and the slight taper is what I'm looking for so they should suit me better.

Quick question, sorry if this has already been answered but I looked through about 30 pages and then decided to ask.

1. For the 1 wash vs. raw, is the 1 wash literally just the raw washed once, thus that'll be what they shrink to once you soak them the first time before you wear them (they are the same jean and everything?), so for example the 5010xx 6x6 in size 29 would have a 31 inch waist and then shrink to a 29 inch waist (what the one wash says) after you wash it the first time before wearing(using blueingreens size chart), and then stretch out again to whatever waist it does?

2. how much will skulls stretch out in the waist and thighs?

also both of these questions are specifically related to the 5010xx 6x6 if that matters at all. Sorry if any of that was worded confusingly and thanks in advance for your help guys.

1. For the 1 wash vs. raw, is the 1 wash literally just the raw washed once, thus that'll be what they shrink to once you soak them the first time before you wear them (they are the same jean and everything?), so for example the 5010xx 6x6 in size 29 would have a 31 inch waist and then shrink to a 29 inch waist (what the one wash says) after you wash it the first time before wearing(using blueingreens size chart), and then stretch out again to whatever waist it does?

2. how much will skulls stretch out in the waist and thighs?

also both of these questions are specifically related to the 5010xx 6x6 if that matters at all. Sorry if any of that was worded confusingly and thanks in advance for your help guys.

They are the same jean just in a different form. And they stretch out depending on how you size them. If you only soak they will not shrink as much as if you wash them.

-snip-

5507s aren't much roomier in the top block. Rise is just slightly higher, still very tight in the same size. You might have been better off just sizing up or something, or Skulls might not be the right fit for you.

I feel your pain though, I have a sized down pair of 5010s that just barely fit me and aren't very comfortable though the fit looks amazing

Yea sizing up would have been perfect I think. I would have as well but the shop didn't offer anything above 34, so just risked it because I wasn't ordering from abroad.

Yea, I think the the fit on skulls is one of the best by far for look, maybe less so on the comfort, haha.

I had the exact same problem and changed to 5507. Imagine you wear the jeans at the same height on your hips. 5507 gives about an inch more room to your balls.

5010vs5507.jpg

It's true! :)