Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

Anyone know where I can get some sz 28 5010xx 6x6's?

BiG said they'd have more yesterday but they crossed the date out

Self Edge is sold out.

Kiosk 78 doesn't have 28.

thanks for any links you can get me. was considering getting them from a japanese store but i really need the ability to exchange in case the fit is slightly off.

Please excuse the shitty quality, the only camera I have is an iPhone:

I bought these in early 2008, but I would say they have about 1 year of actual wear at most. I don't wear these regularly anymore since I'm more partial to black denim now but I still wear them once in a while. They still look barely broken in though

Around 6 warm washes no soaks

Fading is not very contrasty, but I have washed these about every 2 months. While you can see that the honeycombs arent very defined because they never really had a chance to set for long, I don't buy into the thinking that washing your jeans often will ruin the fading. I wash them whenever I feel like it, since how you take care of your jeans is part of how you wear them after all.

IMG_0356.JPG

IMG_0357.JPG

So I just got a pair of Skulls proxied from Japan, and I'm trying to figure out if I sized them correctly.

The thighs are tight but comfortable, and the waist has probably about a quarter inch of room. I'm a true 31.5, and I'm just worried that these are going to stretch to be a bit too loose.

Would a super-hot soak help? Also, I would imagine that these will sit better after I get the inseam shortened, correct? I can probably post fit-pics later tonight.

@ lilmarkham: your skulls look sick. I would definately spread some rep, but i don´t have some?!?

how long did you wear these before the first wash? the combs look very nice...

btw, do you wear two wallets?

im doing a proxy for skull jeans in my country and i picked up a customer's pair today from the post. the denim is quite a lot different from the old texas cotton version. apparently these are arizona cotton which is long staple cotton as opposed to texas cotton which was short staple cotton. even the back patch is a different kind of leather. didnt get a lot of pictures before my customer picked it up sorry. will get more pics next proxy.

_MG_2296.jpg

_MG_2295.jpg

_MG_2293.jpg

the colour of the denim in one wash is almost 2 tones darker than the original ones and it feels much smoother to touch and not as hairy. leather patch also seems a bit "weird" feeling for my liking. i kind of like the denim on the old 5010xx 6x6 more.

somehow wished i had gotten an extra pair ages back .

Guest I LOVE LFC

Oh man, mine should be coming this week, I'm assuming everywhere thats had a restock has the new denim versions now, which I will be sad about. They may end up going back:(

so the guys who ordered a pair from se/big, did you get the old or the new version?

i think they would have gotten the new version since the previous stocks on SE completely ran out and the new cotton type was brought in recently.

As for BiG, they would also most probably have received new versions for the RAW ones. the only chance that they would have gotten the old version was if they had ordered odd sizes for the one wash from old stock. either that or if they had ordered a pair which was already hemmed and listed on the website.

this is what my japanese supplier quoted when i asked him about the new denim:

"It seems the fabric of 5010 has changed as you said.

I asked fab four about that , they said "yes".

Maybe they will continue to use this fabric in the future.

They said this fabric would also change to vintage color."

checking out BiG's website, apparently the S5000XX 15th anniversary edition offers the same denim as the new 5010xx 6x6. hmmmmm.

That is incorrect, the new 5000XX does NOT use the same denim as the 6x6 denim that's on the 5507 and 5010. The two types of denim have almost nothing in common, everything from the shade to the handfeel are different.