Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

We both have exactly the same waist size. I am looking at getting a pair and was trying to determine what size to get. How tall are you for reference and do you think you could have gone a 32? I am stuck between the 32 and 33, but have never had Skulls, heard they are stiff as hell but eventually stretch a "decent" amount. Thoughts?

Question for anybody with the 5507xx: BiG's measurements have the waist at 2 sizes bigger than tagged while SE has the waist at 1 size larger than tagged, which is right? The BiG measurements are also larger overall, does anybody know which are more accurate?

Also, do you advise going TTS or downsizing to match the waist measurement to your own?

I gave mine an initial soak in the beginning an they shrunk to a snug fit in the waist. Don´t think that these stretched so much, but I do wear them with my sc belt. I think you can´t go wrong if you pick a 33. A 32 might be painful in the crotch area, but in the end it´s your choice. I am 6,2ish btw and 175 lbs.

Hey guys I really want to buy a pair of 5010 6x6s and was looking at them from this japanese site called kaizoku pirates. I emailed the guy and I can get the jeans and the shipping for $247 USD (and no duty fees)

Either that or I can wait until BiG has them back in stock, but even then I don't know if they'll have my size. Also, BiG is more expensive (270 plus shipping plus duty fees to Canada). But this japanese site doesn't offer exchanges or refunds for int'l orders.

What do you guys think I should do? Save money but risk not being able to get an exchange if they don't fit right? (I'm buying true to size and i'm a skinny guy) or pay more and get the option of exchanging?

fab4 makes skulls...

about kaizoku. it's your decision if you want have a red tab or not. Gordon and Yuichi are both nice so you can't go wrong.

and about exchange...if you did your work, there's no nedd for an exchange

sorry what do you mean with the red tab?

whats different about kaizoku?

maybe gordon and yuichi are the owners of kaizoku.

red tab is the little red flag like levis got on their right ass pocket. I have got the version with the stitched cross on the back pocket instead of this red tab. Imo, the cross looks cool...

following Gordon's description on BiG, it's just the 6x6. Or he was being lazy and just did copy&paste. But I doubt that.

the 5000XX is a '50s cut. Or '47 so to say. AFAIK

I talked to Jacob at BiG about the Skull 15th Anniversary 5000XX a few days ago. He told me that the denim is indeed a 6x6, but also that the denim is indeed different from past Skull 6x6 jeans. He wasn't really able to elaborate any further, but I would guess that maybe different types of cotton fibers are being used for the yarns.

Jacob also mentioned that the new 5000XX are still sanforized, for those that were wondering.

so Kaizoku has red tab?

what places sell the cross stitch?

is there any difference in the jeans other than this?

Red tabs are for the european & outside america and japan markets I think?

Self Edge and Blue in Green sell skulls with a cross stitch, if you buy them from japan via proxy or in person or via website, they'll have a red tab. There is no difference in the jeans other than that detail and some people prefer one over the other.

Brands selling in the US can't have any outside decoration that in any way resembles the levi's trademark red tab. (see lawsuit)

my tab, bought these at Hinoya in Japan

4633300823_edccb3d81c.jpg

Ok cool thanks -Z-

Anyone got any advice on this (it really doesn't matter red tab or cross stitch)

I really want to buy a pair of 5010 6x6s and was looking at them from this japanese site called kaizoku pirates. I emailed the guy and I can get the jeans and the shipping for $247 USD (and no duty fees)

Either that or I can wait until BiG has them back in stock, but even then I don't know if they'll have my size. Also, BiG is more expensive (270 plus shipping plus duty fees to Canada). But this japanese site doesn't offer exchanges or refunds for int'l orders.

What do you guys think I should do? Save money but risk not being able to get an exchange if they don't fit right? (I'm buying true to size and i'm a skinny guy) or pay more and get the option of exchanging?

Ok cool thanks -Z-

Anyone got any advice on this (it really doesn't matter red tab or cross stitch)

I really want to buy a pair of 5010 6x6s and was looking at them from this japanese site called kaizoku pirates. I emailed the guy and I can get the jeans and the shipping for $247 USD (and no duty fees)

didn't you ask this on the previous page and somebody answered you already???

:confused::confused:

didn't you ask this on the previous page and somebody answered you already???

:confused::confused:

Nope. All I got told was that there was a red tab on the japanese ones

Which doesn't matter...i'm asking if you guys think being able to exchange is worth paying more..

Ok cool thanks -Z-

i think u pretty much answered ur own question ?