Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

I thought Skulls are in general only lightly sanforized, so shrinking is to be expected...

I don't know the guy. He works at BiG.

If it shrinks one size due to soaking, I assume there's still some shrinkage left with a real wash.

In conclusion we can say that the denim is different from the old 6x6. And I doubt that I'll get a pair of the 5000XX :D

Someone should ask Gordon directly or the guys at FabFour

Past Skull 6x6 jeans were partially sanforized, so they still shrank with washing, just not as much as unsanforized denim does. Jacob at BiG did tell me that the new S5000 6x6 is sanforized like past Skulls (meaning that he thought they are partially sanforized), but looking at the FabFour website, they clearly are not.

bullshit skull produced 3 models in standard cuts that have the unsanforized stf hairy denim which i think is denime like the ww2 ,66 and xx cut 2 years ago... so there he should fire that guy stupid shit giving customers wrong info

bullshit skull produced 3 models in standard cuts that have the unsanforized stf hairy denim which i think is denime like the ww2 ,66 and xx cut 2 years ago... so there he should fire that guy stupid shit giving customers wrong info

I'm not agreeing that the guy should be fired at all - he's only passing on what he's read or been told - unwise, but I hope he learns better soon. Too many take that info as gospel.

But I agree that there's often better knowledge here on SuFu than from some of the stores we buy from.

Gordon works with the feedback he gets and he's wise to never promise anything. Ever. But we all need to assume that everything we're told is only possibly accurate if the person hasn't worn the specific jeans for a while. And even if they have, the experience is specific to them and how

they wear and care for them.

In my own experience, it's unwise to size down on Skulls - they do shrink more than people assume. But it seems that sizing down is done often and successfully here, so I can only state what I've learned.

Got the new Skull 5000XX in at Self Edge (SF), did a shrink test (as we do on ALL jeans we sell) and will be photographing and releasing the jean later this week on our site, they'll retail for $340.

5010 and 5507 are coming this weekend.

I'm not agreeing that the guy should be fired at all - he's only passing on what he's read or been told - unwise, but I hope he learns better soon. Too many take that info as gospel.

But I agree that there's often better knowledge here on SuFu than from some of the stores we buy from.

Gordon works with the feedback he gets and he's wise to never promise anything. Ever. But we all need to assume that everything we're told is only possibly accurate if the person hasn't worn the specific jeans for a while. And even if they have, the experience is specific to them and how

they wear and care for them.

In my own experience, it's unwise to size down on Skulls - they do shrink more than people assume. But it seems that sizing down is done often and successfully here, so I can only state what I've learned.

are you sure with what you are saying? is this from personnal experience? pls enlighten me because i do have personnal experience with sanforized and unsanforized skull jeans

Just to add some fuel to the fire, "The denim is raw sanforized denim which means there will be some, but minimal shrinkage after washing." - http://www.kiosk78.co.uk/shop/brands/skull-jeans/121_SkullJeans5010xx6x6RawSelvage.html

sorry Lando, but the talk is about the denim of the 5000XX.

let's see what kiya finds out

you fuckers do the math here some pictures

hk20100328-1.jpg

the one keith is pointing to is the old denim for s5000xx on the other one is the " sanforized" as they say s5000xx 15th aniv pair

hk20100327-1.jpg

hk20100305-1.jpg

hk20100306-1.jpghk20100326-1.jpg

the bluer lighter fabric is the fabric i want it is the same fabric the used years ago with their" vintage line " they released STF denim is hairy and wonderful! and shrinks a ton! and weighs more than 14.5 oz really

ed, curious to hear more of your thoughts on the new 5000XX denim...I know you said you preferred the older denim but since you are one of the few who have actually handled it so far on sufu, care to give us more?

THEYRE DIFFERENT imo. of course cut and detail is the same they shrink 1 " in the waist

denim is more dark indigo than the old one

denim is less hairy then the old one and less slubby / weight than the old one these are more fine

i am waiting for the regular production of this denim not the special aniv one which came out .

maybe theyll go back to the old denim

fyi take5 x skull 5000xx will come out within the year