Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

beautiful pairs arcarsenal! your brother's pair looks really good with the fading. reminds me of those vintage evisu's and the way they fit. the goat skin patch is also turning out very nicely.

on your pair, the patch is so lovely as well. which finish for the laurel button is that? the brass one? i love how they look in the light. very nice! alos, the concept of the rivets poking through and exposing flannel lining is a very nicely thought out concept. can't wait to see how yours will look another year down the road. classic!!

sorry i cant rep, have to spread...

Thanks for the comments and rep guys.

ranon - yup, that's a brass laurel for the top button. Not a lot of evo on it, but I dig the way it looks. The other buttons of the fly are black painted donuts, and they create a nice contrast, not that I or anyone else stares at my unbuttoned fly... but it's nice to see :). I really like how the jeans look in direct sunlight - so many subtle color changes really start to pop. For all the wear my brother has put on his pair, they're still retaining that indigo pretty well, but I love how their texture has really changed.

These, along with my still new Warehouse 1000xx are the most comfortable jeans I own, they just feel so good on. Now that it's pretty much fall I will be definitely giving them some more love soon, provided the office doesn't think they're getting to faded!. They'll be my go-to jeans for our annual apple picking adventure later this month, and any other outdoors activity down the line.

Mock up of my arcs. I really wanted a true wheat stitch, but it proved to be a real pain in the ass with heavy fabric and threads. These guys have a business to run, and I imagine it would take some dedicated time and practice to get the hang of it with heavy textiles. I think I may take the time to develop the chops myself, and then lift the pockets and DIY a wheat stitch later.

6133731274_fab748f44d_z.jpg

*edit, here's what I want

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-do-wheat-stitch-191566/

good stuff arcarsenal, can't rep though, you know the drill...

jyoni, not feeling the arcs I must say, then again I'm more of a blank pocket kinda guy I guess...

oh btw, do all you guys pull your jeans out of the machine before the spin cycle? I just leave them in, Ryo also uses spin dry and I think most Japanese folks do, it doesn't hurt your jeans...

I do reduce the RPM from 1200 to 800 though. (miele ftw :P)

Thanks, Tiro. Nice washing machine! I have a Miele vaccuum.. It used to be pretty awesome but it kinda sucks these days. Gotta get it fixed.

I usually take my pants out before or shortly after the spin cycle because if they go all the way through they usually get super wrinkled, and with the air dry they tend to stay wrinkled. I'm a freak about unnecessary creases!

I always leave the jeans in for the spin cycle; true, there are more creases but they usually disappear pretty soon when wearing them.

i washed my S9202XX last week; waist is still a bit tight but theyll be fine after a few wears. Inseam shrank a lot more than expected; i asked them to hem the jeans so they would measure about 32" after a hot wash but they shrank to 31" after a 40°C machine wash. I applied the stretching technique and now they measure almost 32".

hehe I also always stretch them after washing, lately though, it seems either my jeans are longer then they used to be or I'm shrinking... I could use a lil' more shrinkage in the length with my s1203xx.

btw, the miele was a present from my parents, can't affort it myself either and now it's on Ooe's blog, how awesome is that :P

Do you guys have front-loader or old-school washers?

Recently moved to a place where I finally have a tub for hand-washing/soaking, but now I only have a top-loading washer - I got a system down pretty good for the front loader, but I'm curious if there's a best way to wash denim in a top-loader to avoid wrinkles and weird creases.

jyoni, not feeling the arcs I must say, then again I'm more of a blank pocket kinda guy I guess...

I'll reserve my judgement on them until they're assembled and in-hand. I actually switched the thread up to a lighter weight and darker tone poly-core on those, so they won't be as stark. It was a small enough charge and easy enough to remove. I really do want them to work though!

I can already tell you I've decided to definitely restitch the tip. I picked up some robust craft thread and darner needles to practice the wheat stitch over the next couple of months. The firecracker-fuse look just isn't going to work for me period. That reminds me, I'll have to ask Ryo for a little spool of #6 yellow for when I'm done.

• 2 weeks later...

The 92 seems lighter than my Roys (the only other denim on hand) - I didn't take into account denim weight when I was picking, but that makes me happy.

I was going to try to wear them unsoaked for as long as possible, but they were just too baggy and I need to take care of some of the rise.

• 3 weeks later...

Bah, I'm going with plain pockets. I'm up to snuff on the stitch I want. Looks good, but it bunches up too much when I shrink the practice denim. It's just too loose of a stitch detail. I don't want to lift my pockets post-shrink to do it. I think that would be a bad idea.

i have a post about my visit to Ooe Yofukuten, hope you guys enjoyed it

http://dandyharun.wordpress.com/2011/10/17/seventh-day-july-11th-ooe-yofukuten-vintage-master-from-ichinomiya/

thank you

Awesome post, thanks for sharing!

What fits do Ooe have these days? I've worn my 4101XX from 2008 to hell almost, in my top three favorite pairs of jeans ever. I tapered them when I got them due to chicken legs, so does Ooe have a fit that is more tapered that the standard 47-ish fit?

E: Seems like 02 is the fit I want. How would would it be with custom patch, buttons and arcs? Do you e-mail them for the fabric chart?

You can view the fabrics on the website but I've found it's better to just tell them what you want and ask for suggestions...They'll send you the swatches as always and you go from there. Most importantly, let's see pictures of those 4101xx's of yours! ;) I've always been impressed with your pairs nem, including one of my all time favorites, those Lee WH of yours...

Yeah I wish I could just buy another pair of the WH Leepros quite frankly... :) My place was broken into recently and amongst the things was my DSLR... If I see some insurance money, I'll buy a S95 and take pictures of my Ooes - probably won't contact the guys until I can produce some new pictures for them to use :)

Has anyone here had a Jacket/Chore coat etc made by Ooe.

Im thinking of enquiring with them - just wanted to see if anyone had one already?

Thanks

from my memory, drz and Snake has had jackets made by Ooe and they both fit great. can't really remember if anybody else has them but i've quoted their posts so you can get a better idea..

made a jacket through ooe using their #58 fabric which is a really nice indigo herringbone fabric. I was contemplating of using this fabric or their indigo salt pepper stripe fabric which resembles stifel's salt pepper fabric. This one turns out really nice to be made as a jacket, the weight is light but still got a bit ruggedness for this style of a jacket.

DSC_0445.jpg

in the last minute, they offer me to use one of their new button, pretty cool railroader style button

DSC_0442.jpg

cuff button

DSC_0443.jpg

fit after a quick 20+ minutes wash in the washing machine

unbuttoned

DSC_0447.jpg

buttoned

DSC_0449.jpg

This is a size 38, fit a bit snug and on the slim side for a work style jacket, but I think it fits me well. I suggest sizing up for those who have bigger build.

1902 Railroad Jacket, Fabric #62

DSC_0474.jpg

LC Miey - I would try to soak them with detergent for like a hour or two.