Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

first day wearing today, echoing stretching sentiments (although I think the vx is stretchier) but I sized 1down so it's turning out perfect.

trident, hot soaking the top block is only a temporary fix, they'll be stretched back out in no time.

nice fit. nice to see tall person rocking nice jeans.

im 6'2..

anyways updated pics- got them hemmed today.. i think i should have sized one down.. according to BiG's charts a 710 indigo 31 was a tagged 33, and the black knight 32 was a tagged 33.. so i opted for the 32 (opposed to my 31 indigos). do you guys think these hip flare/sag on my ass way too much? i also have fat thighs

DSC_0304.jpg

DSC_0305-1.jpg

DSC_0306-1.jpg

dont mind the navy hoody, was lounging around.

31 s5000vx measure 9.25 at knee and 8.75 at hem.

i'm looking for the same fit as my kmw 1950, which is 9 at knee and 8.5 at hem. no smaller at the knee.

will i be ok with the s5000vx and cold soak only? or will it shrink more than a 1/4 inch at the knee?

I think you'll be fine even with a hot soak.

I did a boiling hot soak on my 710s and only got about 0.25" shrinkage on the hem.

The knee will stretch after a few wears.

Alright guys, it's official....lets get this thing going! Samurai LHT (unless any other suggestions?) contest 2010! I'd like to think of this as a return to BiG contest roots...going back to the source ;)

Response from Gordon (hope you don't mind, Gordon) in regards to possible contest:

"I can help to arrange something with Samurai. The number of people

participating will have some affect on the amount of customization we could

do, a great number of people usually means more of a chance for this and

also a potential discount, so this is something to consider.

Regards,

Gordon"

I know its hard to argue a case for another contest especially with all the two year ones going on but this is a great opportunity to work with Samurai to get something special.

Should I make a new thread to stimulate discussion?

Alright guys, it's official....lets get this thing going! Samurai LHT (unless any other suggestions?) contest 2010! I'd like to think of this as a return to BiG contest roots...going back to the source ;)

i think the true source of sufu contests was done directly with samurai for the 0500 contest. i might be wrong