Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

won't bother replying to each post, but a few points about my black knights:

* camera angle can cause some optical illusions, and fit will be very different based on someone's height and build.

* they may "look" boot cut on me but they are indeed still slightly tapered (leg opening is still 8" post-hem.) not sure how the cuffing affects that too.

* they are most certainly not "too loose all around" i could not wear them if they were any tighter, not with this 19oz denim. they are tight in the hips, and the thighs stretched back out 1/2" so far, trust me. the waist is maybe an inch too loose (more like 1/2 inch) but that's it.

i only bring this up (in fact the only reason that i post pictures at all) because i don't want someone to think that they can look 6 inches taller and 2 sizes skinnier by sizing down on a pair of jeans. that would make me look like a sausage in these jeans, and that would not be a good look.

people come in different shapes and sizes, and despite being in very good shape, i will not cut the same silhouette as a taller person would in the same jeans. i'm only 5'6" and i have skater thighs and calves.

so... if you're around my size/build then please use the pics as a guide for buying these jeans, if not, then enjoy them or don't, i couldn't care less. what i can say is that i *love* the cut and fit on these, as well as the denim and the quality of the construction. also BiG are an amazing shop to deal with, and i wish them the best of luck with their business, as they deserve their success.

Guest patchmb

Just received my bk's. 002/101. Took quite a bit of work to button up but I know these will stretch & I am carrying a few extra pounds right now.

Very pleased with them.

40/101 is drying from the initial soak as we speak.

Initial thoughts, this denim is sick, much sicker than all other black denim I've had before. During the soak they turned the water pitch black with minimal agitation. As they dry, I noticed this crazy horizontal effect that I've never seen on jeans before, it looks like RHT but it's not.

2gy69fr.jpg

maybe the weft was overly 'tensioned'?

or inseam was stitched too tight?

I wander how it will affect 'combs?

PEACE

Samurai S510 24oz size 31

All measurements BiG-style

Apologies up front for the grainy pics

Pre-soak:

waist - 15.75"

inseam - 36" (had them hemmed)

front rise - 11.5"

rear rise - 15.5"

thigh - 13"

knee - 9.5"

hem - 8.75"

IMG_7880.JPG

IMG_7882.JPG

Did a hot soak (hot water from the tap + 2 pots of boiling water) for about 90 minutes.

When they dried, waist was about 15", inseam was 34.75" - not much shrinkage there, so decided to do a hot wash (hang dry).

Post soak/hot wash:

waist - 14.5"

inseam - 34.75" (didn't shrink any more)

front rise - 11.25"

rear rise - 14.75"

thigh - 12.5"

knee - 9"

hem - 8.5"

IMG_7896.jpg

IMG_7901.JPG

Oddly, they seem to have shrunk a normal amount horizontally, but only about half what I'd expect vertically. I'd be interested to hear if others had a similar experience.

Sorry for quoting my own post, but a few people had contacted me asking if these were TTS or down one. They're TTS. Considered going down to a 30 and probably could have, but didn't want to risk it with the 24oz denim.

I now return you to your black knight conversation....:cool:

some good fits on the Knights, guys.

Does anybody know if the the 'Jin'-series were also affected by the infamous Samurai sizing-issue? I asked Gordon about it, but only has one lot# in stock and can't answer this

Lot 10 was, yes. Wearing a pair right now.

For denim [+][+][+] S510XX24oz [+][+][+]

2009年11月 November 2009

当社は創業以来、heavy denim にこだわり続けてきました。 Since our founding, heavy denim we continue to stick to. 19オンス、21オンスに続いて、2009年には24オンスデニムを発表いたしました。 19 ounces, 21 ounces followed, in 2009, today announced a 24-ounce denim. おかげ様で非常に好評を得ており感謝しております。 We are grateful and very well received by the person, thanks. しかしこの「オンス」は、単に重ければいいというものではございません。 But this "ounce" is simply not in重Kere he could. 当社のS510XX24ozを手にしていただいた方には実感していただけるかと思いますが、洗っていただくとデニムの目が詰まることによりますます重くなります。 S510XX24oz our hands towards you, but then I think you have to realize is due to the increasing congestion of the eyes and you wash denim. 今回24オンスとして発売していますが、実際には洗う前が24オンスであり、洗うことでさらに重くなり27オンス前後となります。 This has been released as a 24-ounce, in fact, the wash before and 24 ounces, is heavier by washing around 27 ounces.

このデニムをジーンズとして製品に仕上げるまでの道のりは決して容易ではありませんでした。 Products as a way to finish this denim jeans could not be easy. 単にオンスが高くなることだけであれば悩むことも苦労することもありません。 Can also be difficult not worry if you simply want to become a high-oz. しかしオンスを上げるのと同時に、縫製仕様、デニムの持つ深い味わい、色落ち感など、当社としての品質すべてを維持するということが最も重要なことであり、同時に最も困難で苦しい事柄でもあるのです。 But at the same time raise an ounce, garment design, denim has a deep flavor and color of sense, is the most important that we maintain the quality of all, there is also the most difficult and painful things at the same time . デニムが厚いからといって決して妥協は許されません。 Just because compromise thick denim is not allowed. 当社としてのそのどうしても譲れない「拘り」を貫くべく、製品として完成するまでには試行錯誤し幾度も挫折を味わいながら、またミシンの故障や針が折れて縫い進めない現実とも戦いながらの末、ようやく完成し販売に至ることができたのです。 We insist that as a nonnegotiable "拘Ri"貫Kubeku a while before you taste the finished product again and again frustrated by trial and error, after a fight with a broken sewing needle proceed with the actual sewing machine failures and also I could finally lead to completed sales. このS510XX24ozは力織機を使用して織り上げた、世界に類のない、当社が自信を持ってご紹介できる貴重な製品です。 S510XX24oz is using this loom woven, unique in the world, valuable products can introduce our confidence. 今回の製品が「限定」であり、大量生産し続けることができない逸品であることをご理解いただければと思います。 This product is "limited" and you'll understand that I can not continue to be mass-produced gem.

ぜひともこのS510XX24ozを手にしていただき、洗う前24ozの状態と、洗ったあとの27ozを見比べながら、じっくりと時間をかけて世の中に一つしかないあなただけのジーンズに育てていっていただけることを心から願ってやみません。 Thank you for this S510XX24oz all means in their hands, washing before state and 24oz, 27oz washed after comparing with the heart that you are only going to grow in your jeans in the world there's only one sit down and take the time hope Yamimasen.

サムライジーンズはこれからも新しい可能性に向かって挑戦し続けていきます。 Samurai jeans will continue into the new possibilities and challenges in the future. 今後ともどうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Thank you very much in the future.

quoting from the samurai re: the 24oz denim

No progress on my jins yet but it was sunny for the first time in seemingly months so I took another picture of my 5000vx21ozers.

Worn for about 13 months straight then almost 3 months of very rare wear since.

wl5g14.jpg

Holy poop. Looks good man.

observation.. these black knights feel a lot lighter/thinner than my indigo 710s.. anyone else notice this? they stretched out after wearing them in my house for an hour.

Well on the site it said that they used a smoother thread on the under side of the denim so that my be why they feel thin to you just my 2 cents.

I agree, the black knights stretch a ton. I ordered a 36, thinking that they would be about 36" after a soak (on BiG it says they measure 37" raw and should shrink an inch). Once I got them and tried to put them on, I knew there was no way they were 37" in the waist. I got them buttoned up after about 10mins, and wore them for a couple hours to stretch them out. Anyway, I was curious how big the waist actually was, so I measured them after wearing them for two hours, and they were exactly 36", which leads me to believe they may have been a tad smaller in their untouched state. I ended up warm soaking them because I wanted to shrink the inseam a bit, which brought the waist down to about 35" and I could barely button them again, but after a day of wear they fit perfectly. Waist is at about 37" after two days of wear.