Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Anybody know if i take my sams that i bought from BIG to BIG would they be able to repair them for me?

I think Gordon stopped taking repairs, but will always do hemming on his double chainstitch Singer. SE and Blue Owl are offering extensive repair services though. SE seems to be set up to do almost any repair.

light blue selvedge looks nice. laces are already turning colors

Silver lame thread like all Sams, I think. The Earth ones I saw at BiG were.

Naw they're all RHT.

Agreed.

I think Gordon stopped taking repairs, but will always do hemming on his double chainstitch Singer. SE and Blue Owl are offering extensive repair services though. SE seems to be set up to do almost any repair.

Well Gordon repaired my Black Knights a few months ago I just paird for shipping both ways. Unless he stopped again recently.

More Black Knight pictures! No one posts their pairs 100/101 are out there some where

i'll see if i can get mrs. ming to shoot some pics of mine, and my old skateboards (request from cheap) this weekend, if there's some sun.

I currently have a pair of 710's that I love. I had them slightly tapered and hemmed to my liking but would also like a pair of stock 710's to wear.

My current pair are "Lot 10" that have fit great since my first hot soak. Their waist is tagged @ 33 and I'd like to replicate this with a Lot 13 pair.

Any thoughts on sizing differences between this earlier lot and the current?

these came in the mail the other day- definitely not a fit you see around here everyday, they're the S2000RR- ltd ed texas cotton S3000 cut, i.e. WWII repro. Personally, I'm very happy with the fit, it's a nice solid vintage fit without a lot of the hip- and arse-flare that i was expecting, although probably not by any means a sufu standard fit. i went tts, and these pics are all post-soak-

SDC10334.jpg?t=1280292603SDC10338.jpg?t=1280292605

macro

SDC10349.jpg

obligatory post-soak stand-up shot....

SDC10328.jpg?t=1280292687

this is after one hot soak, and there's probably some shrink left in them, but the weather here is shitty and wintery and i'm happy with this fit, so i'm just gonna run them like this.

no arcs, but red tab with inverted-A, numbered ltd-ed flasher, hidden rear-pocket rivets, rivet-less coin-pocket, texas cotton etc. i've got more photos but don't want to shit up the thread if no-one's interested in anything more.

edit- laurel-wreath donut buttons as well.

sure mate post the rest , great pickup

made even sweeter by the price- 15000 yen shipped to australia... for some reason they turned up new with tags on one of the 2nd-hand dealers on rakuten, i thought they might've been one-wash for that price, but they were still completely raw and unsoaked.

anyway, more pics...

SDC10305.jpgSDC10308.jpgSDC10297.jpgSDC10299.jpg

raw fits...

SDC10319.jpgSDC10318.jpg

didn't really know what to expect with these, but i'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

sigh. yeah, i figured that ;)

it's just a 2nd-hand dealer on rakuten called Kind-U, mostly they carry nothing much of interest, but they do have some nice pre-loved denims- although guys with long legs will be disappointed, since a lot of them are hemmed ridiculously short.

i wouldn't expect to see a deal like this again, it's very much a one-off- but here's the link, anyway:

http://en.item.rakuten.com/kind-u/031007001041/

awesome fit, and its only going to get better after they get a few washes. nice find!

I'm impatiently waiting for the mail to bring me a pair of S0120XJ's that I plan on tapering from mid thigh to a cut similar to my 710's. They're a few inches shorter too which is nice, I need some jeans w/o stacking. Never seen LHT in person, can't wait!

Hey guys,

I am need of some sizing advice. I wear a 31 in APC NS and 32 in Nudie Average Joe and 33 in the rest of my jeans. Could I squeeze in a Waist 32 in either of S710XX OR S0500XX? Another concern is the thigh, I prefer to have thigh measurements on jeans to be 11.7 to 12". It seems some members have seen more than an inch of shrinkage and other about 0.5 inches. So, am I correct in thinking a 32 and hot soak could probably work around the waist and thigh after stretching although they might be a bit snug in the beginning. I would like to get a fit that is the closest to my APC NS 31

Thanks,

I was looking at the Samurai blog when I saw the picture off all the "book" together

hako.jpg

I'm guessing void is on the far left looks like it might be a greyish blue weft. Since the boxes match the weft colors for the various elements.

Hoping the jeans to be a bit darker more like a coal color

the word on the left is the word for "air" instead of sky as an entity. one of the 5 elements. earth, fire, wind, water, air.

Depending on what type of air you mean, that kanji alone does mean sky in Japanese. Air would be 空気 . Within the 5 elements wind and sky are somewhat interchangeable though, and you find use of both of them.

Depending on what type of air you mean, that kanji alone does mean sky in Japanese. Air would be 空気 . Within the 5 elements wind and sky are somewhat interchangeable though, and you find use of both of them.

oh, my bad. i did a search and found out that air is essentially the same thing as "wind". 空 itself does indeed mean sky. does the character 空 alone by itself mean "emptiness" as well in kanji? curious about that.

oh, my bad. i did a search and found out that air is essentially the same thing as "wind". 空 itself does indeed mean sky. does the character 空 alone by itself mean "emptiness" as well in kanji? curious about that.

That is what I said, and I do speak Japanese..

have had a ridiculous time thus far not pulling trigger on earth model.... don't need more jeans :\

might have to now though that I see sky is gonna be blue-grey weft... always had a feeling earth was going to be superior

To anyone who has either the earth or water model, how much shrink/stretch have you guys experienced? I imagine it is similar to the normal VX denim (?)

I think I might have to cop the wind model, it is definitely the most 'interesting' weft colour (i.e. wtf, the weft is green?? I've never seen that before. I want!) of the 4 released so far.