Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question (and it kind of is), but do the 0500s sold on 2nd come with red gulls?

http://en.item.rakuten.com/2nd/sj-s0500xx/ (smaller sizes)

Also, are they able to hem the jeans for me?

I think the red refers to the color of the tab, not the color of the gulls.

Yes, 2nd hems for free.

Alrighty, here are the post-soak pics of my 24oz-L! Quite an adventure, these things...

Obligatory... pre-soak standing pic?

presoakstanding.jpg

Actual soaking in very hot waters... Note the steam in the pic.

soaking.jpg

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T PUT THEM IN THE DRYER!!!

dryer.jpg

Unless you want to have an indigo t-shirt art project...

tshirtfh.jpg

Obligatory post-soak standing pic:

postsoakstanding.jpg

Post-soak fit:

postsoakfitjeans.jpg

Overall I think the fit is nice. I probably could have gone for a 35, but since that wasn't a possibility, I'm satisfied that these will serve very well.

Here are the pre-, and post-soak measurements.

Waist: 36 -> 34

Inseam: 38 -> 35

Theigh: 14 -> 13

Knee: 10.5 -> 10

Hem: 9.5 -> 9

shitty iphone fit pics, just wanted to get a starting point for the evo of these since I'm currently camera-less and who knows when I'll finally get one.

2005 limited edition 17oz LHT's that I had the legs altered from the hips down to a 710 cut, from a pair tagged two sizes smaller. Due to some so-so measurements these are probably a size too big (only on the waist/high upper block) but so fucking comfortable. the LHT denim is so soft, so hairy, so much character... love these things, so excited to watch them fade.

795e7a5b.jpg474ff8de.jpg

i threw on my 1901 LVC's the other day, after wairing my S0510XX24L for the last month, the two denims are really worlds apart! when i put on the 1901's it didnt seem like i was wairing anything on my legs:D, i often forget how soft and smooth the 1901's are! anyway here is a pic of the two denims side by side...

1901lvc009.jpg

1901lvc008.jpg

i bought my sam 710xx in november of 2008. with tax and freight it went to about 240. now, they're around 50 bucks more expensive. everything went through a price hike. was that only at big or also at SE and take5?

anyway, i only wore them for about a month when i gave up on them because they were too tight (i'm a 31-waist, but i sized down to 30w). i'm happy now, 1.75 years later, because i can wear them and they fit perfectly. :D

I forgot where I read it, but I'm pretty sure it was about a month or two ago.

Exchange rate got it up that high? Damn.

A couple of months ago it was about 93 yen to the dollar. Now it is only 85 yen to the dollar. That is almost a 10% difference in value. Also, did the price you saw earlier include shipping and tax?

i threw on my 1901 LVC's the other day, after wairing my S0510XX24L for the last month, the two denims are really worlds apart! when i put on the 1901's it didnt seem like i was wairing anything on my legs:D

Very true. Just in handling the 24oz, then picking up a pair of my ALDs, the 14oz denim feels so insubstantial by comparison.

I am getting Sams S710XX 19 oz. real soon.

I am a true 34 waist, should I size a tag 33 which has a waist of 34?

Do they shrink much?

Also where else to purchase these online with Tab & Arcs besides Rakuten?

Any shops I can email?

About sizing: I'd give more consideration to thigh sizes. The waist will stretch more or less as needed, but the thighs not so much. I have a true 34 waist, but I'm also tall and thin; I can wear a 710 with a pre-soak 33 waist, for a slim fit. What's your build?

how are you finding yours now mate? are you liking the fit??

I do like it, and I think it will be good, particularly when it gets colder and layers will be tucked in. I'm definitely not one to size down on my jeans, though. The fit is good, and I can't wait for it to get colder so I can wear them.

i bought my sam 710xx in november of 2008. with tax and freight it went to about 240. now, they're around 50 bucks more expensive. everything went through a price hike. was that only at big or also at SE and take5?

I was in Tokyo at the time and the retail for them at Americaya was 24990 yen, but they were on sale for 20000 yen. The exchange rate was about 95 to the dollar iirc. I should've bought some then, but I had just bought some APCs like an idiot.

Okay, so 34 Raws?

I'm about an inch bigger than you waist and thighs and wear a 34 that was almost loose at first, although they've shrunk to fit perfectly after a handfull of washes. If you want a slim fit, go for the 33.

and www.e2nd.net should be a good place to order but I haven't checked their stock. Directions on emailing them allll over this thread.

Okay, so 34 Raws?

Okay so where else can I purchase it besides BiG & Rakuten? I live in IL.

I preferably want the Red Tab & Arcs, which I know I can only get from Japan.

You'll want to look into ordering them from 2nd either directly or through a proxy if need be. Arcs & Tabs while they last! Another good source is the Supermarket here on SUFU. Hell I sold a pair of size 34 s0710's not all that long ago. Strange that I was just talking to a co-worker the other day about where to order s710's besides BIG. There are a handful of decent Japanese sites that do stock them.

Question, how much does the inseam shrink?

I am thinking of asking the place to hem them but I need to know how much it shrinks.

**Just ordered my Samurai S710XX 19oz. from BiG. I decided to go TTS & I also asked them to hem it to 36 inseam, hopefully the 3"-4" shrinking will shrink it to a 33-32 inseam. Can't wait to get my hands on these & start my denim journey!

to all the yanks complaining about prices- your dollar is at a 15-year-low against the yen right now, although i can sympathise- this time last year, the australian dollar was worth about 40% less against the yen compared to now- currency markets have a tendency to fluctuate wildly.