Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Alright guys, need your input.

Just grabbed some 710's (Lot 10) from my Sam supplier Pete (a.k.a. LFC4ever) and I'm trying to figure out if these need hemming and if they do, what is a good length to hem them to?

They've been cold soaked once (by Pete) and have a present inseam of 36 inches. I'm 6'1 and have an inseam between 32-33 inches.

Or, I guess a better question for present 710 owners would be, how many inches longer are your 710's in relation to your normal inseam? I realize this is all personal preference but I'm just wondering if 3-4 inches of excess material is too much?

I'll try and post some fit pics tomorrow or Monday, as maybe that will give you an idea of how they fall on me. I got them true to size in a 36 waist and I've got large thighs and calves so they fit pretty snug.

Anyway, in the meantime I'd like to hear what you guys have to say. Or if this has already been discussed (hard to believe that after 1000 pages that it hasn't) I'd appreciate the page numbers and/or dates of discussion that would help me figure this out.

Thanks!

Just to clarify, following the enquiry I just had re do I supply Samurai the answer is no I just had an embarrassingly large number in my private collection so sold some and they went to a very good home in Burning Bright !!!!!!

I would give them another soak/wash before hemming and in any case bear in mind they'll keep shrinking slightly I believe for the first 10 washes approx? I guess the advice I would give is hem them to 1 inch longer than your ideal inseam length for these......but then I guess your question Geoff is what IS my ideal inseam length for these!

Just to clarify, following the enquiry I just had re do I supply Samurai the answer is no I just had an embarrassingly large number in my private collection so sold some and they went to a very good home in Burning Bright !!!!!!

What!? And here I thought you had every model of Samurai in my size, including future pairs that haven't even been released yet. In fact, I was banking on getting all of the element series from you. :P

Sorry if you were getting pm's about that being my denim pusher Pete. I thought folks would clearly see I was only kidding. I guess people take their denim acquisitions pretty seriously here.

As for your inseam advice I think I will give them a hot soak and see if that will get anymore of the shrinkage out. I'm still going to try and hold off on wearing them though in order to break the S5110VXJ's in a little more so I'm not in any hurry to do it.

Geoff

S0510X24L...

5edfbf82.jpg

f468b7a8.jpg

7485349e.jpg

86e9f313.jpg

11ecc003.jpg

...gave these a hot(ish) wash and they where super tight, i could barely button the things up!!! but after a couple of days wear they are a lot better now! i will post up fit pics in a few days if anyone is interested! by the way these pics where taken on my phone so there not the greatest, sorry about that!!

Guest jondg

Everybody's jeans look awesome!

Here are some pics I took while playing with my new phone:

2a7c2er.jpg

ou8gb8.jpg

15d75hc.jpg

Color is pretty close... somewhat lighter in person.

*Edit- They're 0500's.

ok here are some fit pics as promised! they are super tight in the waist and hips but i have only worn them for 3 days so far, so there should be a bit more strech left in them yet! im very happy with the cut in general though. i will dig out my DSLR in the next few days and take some proper close up shots!

85132ec5.jpg

40d03d88.jpg

63b259e4.jpg

img4233.jpg

img4234.jpg

img4238.jpg

img4239x.jpg

indoor + outdoor pics...a little past 10 months I think. Gonna wash soon, they're getting nasty cause of the 95+ degrees everyday :confused: sorry about the one upside down pic :o

No, they will be the perfect fit soon! im looking forward to seeing how they wear too!!

yes you did you know it if you want something to fit like that you would have went with a 5000 cut

^Nice jeans

Fit pics of my S0210XJs after 2 hot soaks and a brief machine dry. Size 33. Sized up 2 from true waist and one size larger then my S0110XJs. Wanted them loose and kind of wish I went up to a 34, but still happy with these. Once it cools down these will be for work.

IMG_03d61.jpg

IMG_0ww351.jpg

I am falling in love with my sam earth model, deeper and deeper day by day.. the dense indigo when new is gone... brownish red rust color starting to show through the indigo threads..... I can only imagine a very rusty dusty fade when fully evolved.

DSCF0560.jpg

i love this denim, looks awesome! cant wait to see how they turn out!!