Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

http://www.e2nd.net/br-sj/sj-411-01-f/sj-s5000gx-m.htm

Why are they showing a faded example pair for jeans that were just released?

This year, Samurai is promoting their go-rin-no-sho creation, which is going to be five different "elemental" models - Earth, Fire, Water, Wind, and Void. Each one is dyed differently, so they've been putting up samples of how the jeans will fade.

blm14 has posted worn in photographs of his s5000AI-10SP's a few times. He has the most wear on his of anyone thus far. I didn't know stacks had a pair. I thought he only had the s510AI-N's.

Yeah i got both (addicted)... after I saw blm14's blowout and decided to baby mine... there is some fading but nothing crazy yet. Thinking about getting them tapered.

looks like brownmetallic just updated on his too:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=2244136&postcount=143

my s510xx ai-n are drying now from a soak...

If I'm a 33 in Eternal 811 and SDA 103, should I go with a 32 in the S0500XX?

I would say yes for a normal fit. I have a 34 in eternals (could have fit a 33), my 32 SDA 103s are pretty damn snug, and my 31 500s used to be pretty snug as well but they have stretched out. I kind of wished I would have gone for a 32 in them for a slightly less slim fit. Anyway, you would probably fit either, with the 32 being more comfortable.

Deadlycrayon nice jeans man, shits pretty crazy. Decent job on repairs too.

Thanks Stacks for the link. Do you think the reason for lack of worn pairs is because of the $$? Maybe people just copped them to stock instead of rock

Thanks Stacks for the link. Do you think the reason for lack of worn pairs is because of the $$? Maybe people just copped them to stock instead of rock

I only cop 2 rock, but I'll admit getting scared with these after blm's ordeal. I also want to get mine tapered before I start wearing on the regular; the brittle denim really fucks with the fit at the ankles.

I think the lack of worn pairs for natural indigo occurs for 2 reasons: first, the % of people who post any denim online is extremely low. Second, although the synthetic stuff is chemically identical to the natural stuff, the models that get the natural indigo treatment are usually "flagship" and are way slower to lose their indigo so it takes real dedication to get wear worth posting.

My s510xx ai-n after 18 months (12 effective) have probably lost less indigo than FHs after 6.

Chan, I'll get you some fit pics soon since it's hard to get a good shot with the sun peeking in and out of clouds here today

505XII uses the texas denim? I thought they were using a smoother textured denim similar to the old 505 and the USA model (deadstock 505 denim). Are there ridiculously large warp slubs that the texas denim has? Could we get some more detail shots?

From the first page of Samurai thread

S505XX II - lowrise 710 fit; 15oz. Texas demin, black arcuates; zip fly

Though I'm not sure about it being the S710 fit. It seems to be a little more relaxed relative (I tried both on at BiG). Ultimately I even sized UP one. Yes, very rare for Samurai cuts.

Samurai uses their 'sword selvedge' denim for this particular one and although there is some slubbiness, it's not ridiculous like the SExSC jeans.

*All taken with a P&S so excuse the shot quality

img0747b.jpg

Here are a few other shots:

img0742kgvld.jpg

img0741u.jpg

img0744mn.jpg

img0745t.jpg

Hard to capture real colour accuracy with the weather and this POS cam.

Well, my orders from 2nd came into JFK in NY (but I'm east coast.) If yours come into Cali instead, you very well may get them by Saturday! I wouldn't get your hopes up though :-(

ignorant question, i'm sure.. enlighten me please:

is the only motivation to order from 2nd or rakuten over BiG to get the pocket arcs? I was told by BiG that the new white tab isn't removed from the denim, but the pockets are blank. this said, just trying to reconcile why so many people buy sammies directly from overseas.

thanks