Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

been wearing these since the start of the semester, about 3 months.

4 intial soaks lol, 1 soak since

4485079676_0feee09226.jpg

4485079698_6da40a67e7.jpg

wore these bks all last semester, about 5.5 months. no washes / 2 soaks

haven't worn them at all since december, been procrastinating on getting repairs.

i hope to put at least another 5 months in them after repairs.

4484429841_703c16ba9f.jpg

4484429879_1b7d621282.jpg

bks looking dope sense.

zoomed in on these pics and think I see a red tab. thought they were done with that, or is it just arcs that got canceled?

they will shrink in the waist 1-1.75" but it will stretch back out about an 1" in the waist. The rest of the jean will shrink but I couldn't give you an exact measure as to how much but don't expect the rest of the jean outside of the waist to stretch back out either.

In that case I would go true to size for a true fit, size up one for a lil baggy and size down one for a tighter fit.

bks looking dope sense.

zoomed in on these pics and think I see a red tab. thought they were done with that, or is it just arcs that got canceled?

Yeah the bks look awesome. I wish I got a pair. The red tab and arcs were removed from lot 13. But, lot 13 has an inverted tab so its mainly white with red wording. I heard different stitching on the back pocket may come Im not too sure though, but probably somebody may know more than that.

Now I understand how much of a difference 4-5 Oz makes in some jeans.

Big time. I really notice the 15.7oz weight of my Momotaro compared to even 14.5 on others. The difference between my 12oz SC and Momos are night-and-day. Even 2 oz is pretty noticeable. Four is huge.

visiting NYC this weekend. I just picked up a pair of S0500s in 33 (sized up 2 from the ones I ordered from 2nd). If I hadn't been able to try them on, I would've made a 2nd mistake and gotten 32s so I'm pretty happy about BiG. They were very polite and helpful too. :)I saw Gordon but was not able to talk to him.

Would rep. I'm so thankful for BiG. It's become the epicenter of my addiction for sure. Such a great resource for getting the right fit too. Hard to believe he wasn't there a few years ago. Gordon and his guys are really awesome people and completely the best kind of denimheads :)

wait so big can sell em with white tabs? verrrry interesting. i like the white tab.

According to Gordon: No tabs at all. Anywhere on the jeans. When I indicated the blue coin pocket tab on 811 Eternals, he just smiled and shrugged. Said he still remains vigilant though. That lawsuit was heavy business for many people.

it depends what lot you get. just email them your waist and see what gordon thinks and what different lots they have in stock. you absolutely should hot soak or wash them when getting them. all samurais will shrink a great deal for at least the first 3-4 times they touch water. if you dont feel comfortable doing this, maybe sams arent right for you and you should try a pair of sanforized denim.

my 710s fit like garbage bags before three hot soaks got them down to fit slim. Just another thing to keep in mind if you dont soak em.

Well said. Multiple soaks are a must and even a machine wash and dry can be the best way to start. A few bad second-shrink experience have really made me let go of any remaining thoughts of being 'delicate' with good denim. That's not what it needs.

About to buy a pair of 710XX, anyone got the measurements of pair size 30 post soak? How much should I expect the inseam to shrink? (would like 31 inseam afterwards)

Thanks in advance!

The inseam of my 30x36 710s (Lot 12) shrunk from ~39.25" to ~37" after a hot wash. Keep in mind that Lot 12 mostly shrunk to tagged size.

I can't say anything about Lot 13 besides that, if you want a 31" inseam after a soak, you will definitely need a hem.

Fit pics after a hot soak/handwash in the bathtub. They would surely slim down after wear and a hot wash. But I like it, it's something different from what I usually wear and it matches well with the 21oz

21ozpostsoakfitpicred.jpg

measurements size 34x36

waist: 32,5

front rise: 11,5

back rise: 15,75

thigh: 13,5

knee: 9,75

leg opening: 8,75

inseam: 37

I liked this cut but your pics look very different to the samurai site..

http://www.samurai-j.com/lineup/jeans/s510xx21ozsp/index.html

its described as a very dark indigo but yours appears quite light.. also the fit looks different..

?

it's all good Ed. The link he posted shows the 21oz special edition. So it's indeed a different pair. But you're also right that the my pair is darker in real life.

btw: did you already ordered the 24oz LHT? I saw 2 shops already selling those or at least taking pre-orders.