Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Ha! I love that! I did the same thing, but I wash warm inside out no soap, dry normal to shrink those bad boys, then soak them cold just to re-wet them so they stiffen up again after the drier, then iron inside out wet to flatten, then put them on to set some creases a bit and shape them while damp, then pull them off and hang to dry.

THEN I wear them and usu dont wash for 6 months to a year, depending. Always great results.

this is so stupid.

Awaiting some S0500s I just ordered from Yuichi at pirates on Wednesday... hopefully they are here on Monday!

I sized down to a 28 and had Yuichi measure the waist before he shipped. He said they were 74cm (29.1in) so it sounds pretty perfect to me.

I'm excited to see how they fit. I've always loved the graininess of Sammy denim and can't wait to beat on 'em.

this should help you taken from the denime thread salaami's advice

"i can't wait to get these jeans. when i get them the plan is to pour boiling water over them to kill all the little monsters, then hot soak them bitches, then give em a hot hand-wash with a lil' bronners. i want all the starch out off the bat. then i'll turn machine-dry them inside out(high-heat) until they are almost dry, then iron them inside out until completely dry. after all that they should be shrunk as much as possible. the ironing will steam shrink the denim, make it more crisp(for however long that will last), and get all the dryer wrinkles out. i like to iron raws after the initial soak(s) so that all the creases are from me all the way. so by the time i finish ironing they will be just like raw, but shrunk...i've got it down to a science. they will never touch an iron after that."

Anyone actually ever done this because it sounds a little too much for me.. LOL but seems awesome, kind of want to see someone do it so I have a reference, since I usually just super hot soak for less than an hour

yeah, i decided that i'm not buying any sams until i go to tokyo in may, and then i'll go to the stores in person and measure them myself.

it sounded like there will still be ones with tabs/arcs at that point.

yeah, i decided that i'm not buying any sams until i go to tokyo in may, and then i'll go to the stores in person and measure them myself.

it sounded like there will still be ones with tabs/arcs at that point.

Yes, I think so. The last delivery will be December, so what ever old stock left in the stores after that will have all that good stuff. But they have a few surprises for next year that is nice. Stay tuned!

Still waiting for my S710XX's to come back from Denim Doctors/HTC.

I was wondering why they said it would take 5-6 days for them to chainstitch the hem.

Turns out they don't do it in-store, but instead they send the jeans to a place about 10 minutes away.

That's where they make all the belts and bags and I guess it's where they do jean repairs/alterations as well.

I can't wait to get them back so I can start wearing them. Temperatures are dropping a little here in Houston, and I don't want to wear my Diors when it's too cold.

just got my 710xx in the mail today from BIG. These fit real tight in the waist pre-soak. Like, got them buttoned but shit was tight. Should i size up one?

If they fit well otherwise I wouldn't worry about the waist. I've had a couple pairs of Sams that were crazy tight in the waist at first (lot 10 Jins, and 10th anniversary 510s that measured an inch less than tag size pre-shrinking). Granted both are different denim than your 710s.

I had a piece of 2x4 left over from when I finished my basement that just so happens to be a perfect length for stretching jeans to my waist size. I wet the waistband and jam that thing in there for a couple of days and I'm good to go.

just got my 710xx in the mail today from BIG. These fit real tight in the waist pre-soak. Like, got them buttoned but shit was tight. Should i size up one?

Yeah, if the waist is the only problem ( can at least button them up) you should be fine. My 710bk's are a 28 (my waist measures 31 inches). When I first got them I thought I wasn't going to be able to wear them, the waist was so tight! So, I soaked them anyway, put a 15 inch across, wooden cutting board in the waist opening, and let them hang dry. The next day they were still tight, but after wearing them for 28 days they fit perfect.