Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Jesus....24 oz. I really can't imagine. I'm wearing my 17oz 5000vx today that I got back in....2005 or 2006, I can't remember. And damn do they feel good, but way heavier than my 14.5 oz Onis. And tighter on my balls, but in a comforting way, like a semi-firm handshake. Fucking Samurais....maybe I'll get another pair. They just feel so right.

Those are so beefy there is no way these could be worn in any summer month. Seems odd to release such a heavy pair of pants in the month of July.

samurai is a quirky brand, so im not surprized. they look chunky like meatloaf! if you are inside a lot, and only come out at night, they could be bearable. i wear any weight at any time, so i'd try it...but a 710 cut in this denim would be cruel and unusual:eek:

@casper: find the best deal, and cop. zimb cotton is great. if BiG is charging more than others, so be it. it's a recession. i wouldn't pay anybody $70 extra! gordon might price-match you if you ask, since they obviously can't be selling that many union stars. if so we would be aware of it...

Went to BiG today, tried on the Lot 12 500xx and 505's. They are both really beautiful jeans and I had a seriously hard time choosing between them. In the end I went with the 500's, the 505 are just a hair slimmer and with shrinkage I thought it was going to be just a bit too skinny for my build. Judgement call though, and if you are thinking about buying them don't hesitate, they are awesome.

That said here's post hot wash fit pics of my 500's, size 34 and that's pretty much true to size. I'm 6' tall, 190 lbs:

500a.jpg

500b.jpg

500c.jpg

500a.jpg

Totally off-topic, but I purchased an expedit shelf like that to store my records on and it broke. Ikea says 29lb/shelf max but I think that's already pushing it. For now I've been sticking with intermetro shelving...

Totally off-topic, but I purchased an expedit shelf like that to store my records on and it broke. Ikea says 29lb/shelf max but I think that's already pushing it. For now I've been sticking with intermetro shelving...

If you notice I'm pretty careful not to stuff each cube with records. If I wanted I could squeeze another 15-20 records in each, but I think that would be pushing it too far. But yeah, they definitely aren't the sturdiest shelves for vinyl.

Jesus....24 oz. I really can't imagine. I'm wearing my 17oz 5000vx today that I got back in....2005 or 2006, I can't remember. And damn do they feel good, but way heavier than my 14.5 oz Onis. And tighter on my balls, but in a comforting way, like a semi-firm handshake. Fucking Samurais....maybe I'll get another pair. They just feel so right.

totally fucked up that i said this yesterday. skated over to the library a couple hours later, went to the bathroom and looked down to find that my crotch had completely exploded. like a bomb went off and the only thing that kept my dick from getting ripped apart were these heavy ass jeans that once were. an absolute tragedy for me and my 3 year old denim. both sides ripped, with the center seem the only thing keeping it intact. now i need a new pair of jeans for a backup. will update with pics when i can find my fucking card reader.

Ok well it has been about a month ina half since I got them. Ive been very busy with work and school so ive only been able to wear for 8-10 hours a week.

I have been on 2 vigerous bike rides so far, which I think has kept them on track in aging.

Back

July16th20098.jpg

Front

July16th20097.jpg

Combs

July16th2009.jpg

Fit

July16th20094.jpg

Fading from bike rides

July16th20092.jpg

And just for fun, samurai jeans next to a real samurai mask :ashamed

July16th20093.jpg

I need some quick size help!

I've wanted a pair of S5000vx's for quite some time. I'm a Natural 33." I wear PBJ XX-005 in in 33, SDA SD-103 in 33, SC's in 32, APC NS in 31, BiG sufu 660 in 31. All have stretched out to around a 34" waist.

I bought a pair of Lot 10 S5000Vx's from 2nd, ( now in supermarket) in size 32. Hoping that these might work . Of course they did not.

The leg were great but there was no way I was ever going to get the stretch I needed in the waist. Now that Lot's 11 and 12 are available would size 32 be right or should I go for a 33?

How much will the Lot 11/12's shrink after soaks and how much will they stretch out ?

Thanks!

I'm not a noob, so please don't trash me.