Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

any advice guys?

It appears from looking at how your jeans fit that you like your jeans a bit baggy. I would recommend going with a 32 and hot soaking or washing. I am a true 31 and I went with a 33 in Lot 10, which measured 33 prior to a wash. It then shrunk down to a 31. I love the fit. Nice and loose. So depending on how the jeans are sized, i don't know the current lots measurements, but buy the jeans so that they are an inch to 2 inches too big prior to soak, then let them shrink to their intended size.

BTW, I buy my jeans to fit the way the designer intended. None of this sizing down 2 and going through pain in the waist to get the right fit in the legs. Or tapering a straight leg jean. If you don't like the intended fit then go with another cut.

I completely agree in many ways, the 510 is not by any means a slim cut, and all jeans should first be made to fit in the waist, there's enough variety for that. But for the people who are buying the 510 more for its denim and stylistic features than the cut (most), some of whom may want to try to attain a somewhat slim fit, can only do so by sizing down. Bunga, if you're solidly in between a 32 and 33, I would get the 32.

thanks for the advice guys, appreciate it.

i agree wholeheartedly with what rnrswitch said, if it's a straight cut then it's meant to be worn that way. i'm a true 32, i have a pair of s5000vx 17oz in w33, they're not too baggy by all means but perhaps could be a tad more tighter in the thigh area and with other denim such as Denime XX, Warehouse Warrens etc i found that 32 fits me the best, not too snug on the waist and just enough room on the thighs and knees to allow me to bend down and tie my shoes without having to suck my gut in and hold my breath.

32 it is then!

i think the fit of the thighs(upper) is the most important fit factor, because it is a less controllable aspect. if the waist is a bit loose, so what get a belt/suspenders. if it's a bit tight, it will likely stretch. but if the upper-thighs/crotch are too tight thats an issue of major concern. but most importantly is the wisdom to buy jeans that are cut to fit your body. a lot of dudes that aren't slim try to force the 'slim look' but end up looking dumb. just because a jean looks good to you(in your own mind) stop fooling your self that your WH660s or FH310s sized down 3 are really ''quite comfy''.

if i had that sam parka i would wear it for the next 5 years at least.

Update from Gordon:

"We are working on a new collaboration with Samurai called the Black

Knight which incorporates the S710XX cut with the 190z black denim and all black detailing limited to about 100 pcs. We're going to start a pre-orders for these this week and will have some sample pictures up as well. The pocket bags have not been decided on, but the major details are in place and production will start the end of this month to complete in September."

dam those look tight. reminds me of what my sized 1 down 710s looked like after its first hot soak

Maybe if you measured incorrectly and actually downsized 3. 710's would never be able to fit that tight while being able to be buttoned up.

exposed selvage on coin pocket...

weak.

Yep Yep. 12345

Just posted these S5000BK - sz31, 2 years old, many many washes - in Evolution:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1889011&postcount=16296

Here are all the pics, including a few detail shots:

imgp0929.jpg

imgp0931.jpg

imgp0932n.jpg

imgp0930.jpg

imgp0940.jpg

imgp0946.jpg