Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

blm14 - I'd love to find out your exact break in process on these jeans starting from the moment you got them to how and how often you soak / wash them. I've had mine for a couple of weeks wearing every day with no issues what so ever.

stacks - fucking dope, glad you pulled the trigger on this crush - you have the fucking james bond edition shogun! i have a feeling you're going to have some separation anxiety when you hang these up before bed...

Oni Shoai Purple Selvage: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2297&category_id=&manufacturer_id=8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

I've been wearing them only very lightly since I was determined to dent my S510XX AI-Ns. The Onis are mad slubby like the S5000 AI-10SPs, but white weft as you can see.

It's weird, I sized down a bunch on my S510XXs (not by choice, it was all that was left), and they have yet to need repairs (knock on wood). Then again, the most intense wear they get are at concerts.

I'll probably end up rotating all 3 of these after my S510s hit the year mark in August. Frankly,. this new pair is so dope I'd rather it not fade and last a long time. Like a fine wine, better to sip slowly than chug.

Oni Shoai Purple Selvage: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2297&category_id=&manufacturer_id=8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

I've been wearing them only very lightly since I was determined to dent my S510XX AI-Ns. The Onis are mad slubby like the S5000 AI-10SPs, but white weft as you can see.

It's weird, I sized down a bunch on my S510XXs (not by choice, it was all that was left), and they have yet to need repairs (knock on wood). Then again, the most intense wear they get are at concerts.

I'll probably end up rotating all 3 of these after my S510s hit the year mark in August. Frankly,. this new pair is so dope I'd rather it not fade and last a long time. Like a fine wine, better to sip slowly than chug.

I thought they looked familiar. Looks just like my KMW 1950 AWA - I've always thought that they used the same folks for the fabric and dyeing of the AWA, Shoai, and AI-001/2.

I almost picked up the S510XX AI-N but just couldn't do that high of a rise. The S5000AI-10SP is much more my type of cut.

I hear ya on being tempted to keep them pristine cuz I've kinda been doing that to my AWA. But I've kinda changed my perspective and as dope as these are, I think they'll be that much better after I make them "mine" with blood, sweat, and tears. My AWAs are next after these are done.

They'll always come out with new "cooler" fabrics and dyes so now to me what makes them special is how I live in them - more so that how they were made. It's about the journey, not the destination and all that crap...

blm14 - I'd love to find out your exact break in process on these jeans starting from the moment you got them to how and how often you soak / wash them. I've had mine for a couple of weeks wearing every day with no issues what so ever.

I had first soak in hot water, while wearing them. I wore them every day, not too hard (desk job) for like 3-4 months, washing every 7 weeks. If you look in the denim repair thread you'll see what they looked like after the 3rd or 4th wash. Gordon (BiG) did a repair on the front part of the crotch and within about 2 more months now the back part of the crotch is coming undone. I sent them to denimdoctors and am waiting for them to come back...

Keep an eye on the crotch...

I had first soak in hot water, while wearing them. I wore them every day, not too hard (desk job) for like 3-4 months, washing every 7 weeks. If you look in the denim repair thread you'll see what they looked like after the 3rd or 4th wash. Gordon (BiG) did a repair on the front part of the crotch and within about 2 more months now the back part of the crotch is coming undone. I sent them to denimdoctors and am waiting for them to come back...

Keep an eye on the crotch...

Thanks for the heads. Few more questions:

1) how do you wash and dry your jeans?

2) do you wear them while wet / damp?

3) do you frequently practice capoeira or MMA in your jeans?

I've done one 45min soak wearing them and one 2hr boiling hot soak (not wearing them) since I got them 3 weeks ago.

Man, if I don't get any crotch rips I'm going to start feeling insecure about my manhood...

1) Machine wash, gentle cycle, cold, using samurai thunder soap, hang dry.

2) Only during the initial soak. Otherwise I hang dry.

3) Hahaha no just a bit of biking.

these jeans are hella stiff as you know so i wonder if maybe you didn't get enough of the starch out initially hence the crotch ripping from cycling? after my second super hot soak, the jeans were still stiff, but not as stiff as they were after the first hot soak.

just a thought...

I think it really is something strange with the thread tensions. Within about 2 months i had two small holes that just opened on the inner thighs about an inch from the crotch. Then both axes of stitching right where the seams come together all came undone at once and sort of combined with the little holes. This was what it looked like:

3332382734_3c748a5d69.jpg

This didnt happen until after 3 MACHINE washes. So nothing starch-related.

My Jins, I'm sure these are getting old to look at. I'll get a new pair in september.

Had to double wash because I forgot it in the washer for 2 days and it just stunk like wet clothes (duh). Machine wash with regular tide no bleach. 1 yr 6-7? months

Pre - double wash

IMG_0739-1.jpg

Post - double wash

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0771-1.jpg

These arcs are really holding up

IMG_0773-1.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

First off, casper, those jeans are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G, great work,

Second, holy shit has it been a long time since i've posted on sufu.....

Just letting these babies retire, about 2 years, but I have really not worn them so much in the last 6 months.

Lot 10, S710xx

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

i'll be quite upset once casper's jins go byebye. the double wash was good since he let them go a while since the last wash. i too want to know what he's onto next