Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

from the "how do jeans fit" thread

probably wont get to break these in for a while. still working on some jins and tasukis

s5000fitpicqk7.jpg

pre soak measurements

waist 31

front rise 10.5

back rise 13.5

thigh 11.5

knee 8.5

hem 8

inseam 36

Is that a 5000 fit?????? it is supposed to be regular fit (slimmish)

its so slim : )

it is more like one size up s710xx cut for me imo

hehe

agreed texas cotton 5000 cut...

just came in the mail

img7329is6.jpg

not to beat a dead horse but how is the model you are showing here different from this model?

sjs5000xx2nd07im1.jpg

What is the difference between Lot# 2ND055 and Lot# 2ND050? Are they both Texas cotton? Thanks, I appreciate any input...

Alright guys, need some advice. Picked up a pair of S5000BK while I was in Japan (with tabs and arcs, yay!) but am now thinking they may be a bit too relaxed for me. The 710 wasn't out yet when I was there :/

Would you have them altered, or try and sell them and pick up a pair of 710BK? I'm in LA so I have access to some fairly good denim tailors.

chan, what about em did you like more than the 0500s? I'm trying to figure out the difference in cut, cause from what I remember frm your 0500 pic, they kinda look the same!

well i was actually hoping for a slightly looser fit than the 0500 but they turned out

What is the difference between Lot# 2ND055 and Lot# 2ND050? Are they both Texas cotton? Thanks, I appreciate any input...

about the same, although i do like the slightly shorter inseam presoak. i think i could have kept the 0500 if i knew that these were going to run basically the same. not sure if its the lot that caused this issue, but i had some 5000bk in a 30 at one point and they were a lot looser from what i remember than these are

Is that a 5000 fit?????? it is supposed to be regular fit (slimmish)

its so slim : )

it is more like one size up s710xx cut for me imo

hehe

yea its slimmer than i was expecting them to be, but ill make due with it.

not to beat a dead horse but how is the model you are showing here different from this model?

sjs5000xx2nd07im1.jpg

no idea what the difference is between the two patches. all i know is the pair that came in the mail today are part of the new collab. not sure where the size 30 tag is from. my pair is texas cotton at least thats what i was told and the reason that i bought them

Chan how're the Jins coming along? Update?

jins are slowly coming along. ive had them since february and wear them about 3-4 times a week mixing in another pair of tasukis, so there isnt really anything to report yet. they are starting to show the brighter blue but thats about it.

Sorry for this newb question, but which model is better for people with kinda big athletic thighs?

Sorry for this newb question, but which model is better for people with kinda big athletic thighs?

go with s5000vx

or s510xx

or s310xx

just stay away from s710 or just size up one on the s710 if you want it to fit your thighs..

samurai is not your avergae gay tight fitting jeans like what you usually see here on sufu

SAMURAIS S710 3 MONTHS

SOAKING PROCESS. I THREW SOME SALT ON IT BECAUSE I SORTA REMEMBERED READING SOMETHING ON IT.

Salt simply acts as a water softener, and is not necessary unless you have really hard water. Hard water causes soap to be much less effective since the minerals in the water (chiefly calcium) bind with the soap to form a scum. The sodium in salt effectively displaces the free mineral ions so the soap tends not to bind with it. You should ideally rinse the salt out with a clear rinse after washing or soaking. As far as I know salt does not interact with indigo in any way, so should cause no colour change per se.

SAMURAIS S710 3 MONTHS

BEFORE SOAK

P4260033.jpg

SOAKING PROCESS. I THREW SOME SALT ON IT BECAUSE I SORTA REMEMBERED READING SOMETHING ON IT.

after soak!

P4260035.jpg

Those are gorgeous how often did you wear them?

the other one is a s510xx x 2nd texas cotton .. for people asking the patch numbers

thanks for the help guys. i pulled that patch image from the 2nd website, for the S5000XX collabo.

http://www.e2nd.net/br-sj/sj-411-01-f/sj-s5000xx-2nd.htm

eveything about the jean is exactly like chan's except for the lot # on the patch. so i was hoping one of the resident samurai guru's could confirm for me that if i order those jeans from 2nd, i will indeed be getting the exact same jeans that chan is showing, with texas cotton. because i absolutely cannot decipher my japanese translation and locate the word "texas"...

Alas! my s710bk's are here from BIG

my true waist = 32

tag size = 30

pre soak pictures

dsc0011ao5.jpg

post soak pictures

dsc0027yn8.jpg

dsc0031wm7.jpg

the waist is snug as fuck and i'm suprised i managed to button all the buttons up... post measurements will be posted when I take my pants off

I think that will depend on what model you choose and what stock they have left of Lot 10 with the sizing issue. I read somehwhere the new 710BK's do not have the issue.

Best to get your proxy to check with 2nd before and order accordingly.

when i got mine, a friend was like "dude they screwed up, look at all the threads sticking out everywhere, why did you pay so much for those, theyre crap" referring to the knots and the slubs in the denim which give it character.. hah

why proxy from 2nd???

why don't u e-mail them and ask them to ship to you directly..it's much cheaper that way

I can't, coz I live in US.

2nd don't ship samurai with arcs and tabs to US anymore coz levis lawsuit.

please correct me if im wrong

Kubrick --> NICE FITTTTT.. that's the way s710bk fit should be.

2nd will ship sams with tabs and arcs to the US. Although you will need to send your payment through bank transfer for your first payment. So with the bank transfer fee, it's probably costs the same as a proxy, but the next time you wanna buy something from them it you will start saving those proxy fees.