Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

my attempt at repairing a back pocket hole using a sample of OOE's #39 denim they sent me

used blue thread mainly because it was already on the sewing machine and can blend in to the current color close enough.

before

IMG_8377.jpg

during

IMG_8381.jpg

after

IMG_8386.jpg

IMG_8389.jpg

IMG_8390.jpg

I decided to to another soak... well, kind of wash. I threw it in the washer, so it is on extra hot/cold now, after I will sun dry them so hopefully if they will shrink there is going to be a lot of shrinkage. I will post up pictures tomorrow if anything has changed.

Sorry for the picture overload on this page :P

But here they are after a hot wash, dried within 2 hours which surprised me.

Here are measurements as well 1st is pre-soak, second is post 2nd soak:

Waist: 15.5" / 14.5" (stretched back out as I was buttoning up the denim)

Inseam: 37" / 35.5"

Thigh: 11.5" / 11.25"

Knee: 8.75" / 8.25"

Hem: 8.5" / 8"

Front Rise: 10.25" / -

5995669375_dc4170a6e1_z.jpg

5995669659_7ba3169820_z.jpg

After the first soak they barely shrunk, so I threw them in for a hot wash and they shrunk a bit, not THAT much, but enough to ensure a nice fit.

so i get my samurai 710s tomorrow, and i'm debating between a hot wash and a hot soak in boiling water. at the moment, i'm leaning towards a hot wash.

from searching this thread, it seems that hot washes get more shrink out but at what expense? will the jeans lose more indigo? on average, how many hot washes does it take before the shrink is out?

i've also noticed that using boiling water damages the patch. does any such damage happen after a hot wash? why would i want to do a hot soak rather than a hot wash?

thanks in advance.

so i get my samurai 710s tomorrow, and i'm debating between a hot wash and a hot soak in boiling water. at the moment, i'm leaning towards a hot wash.

go with the hot wash

from searching this thread, it seems that hot washes get more shrink out but at what expense? will the jeans lose more indigo? on average, how many hot washes does it take before the shrink is out?

dont worry about indigo loss. theres tons of indigo in these

i've also noticed that using boiling water damages the patch. does any such damage happen after a hot wash? why would i want to do a hot soak rather than a hot wash?

hot wash isnt as hot as boiling water. patch is leather, leather will cook if in the right conditions

thanks in advance.

hope this helps

thanks in advance.

Wash them. As chantheman said, you have nothing to worry about with indigo loss, Samurai's have indigo to spare. The hot water alone won't shrink them all the way. The agitation will get a lot more shrinkage out of the way. Use a little Woolite Dark or Bronners soap and don't forget to turn them inside out!

Wash them. As chantheman said, you have nothing to worry about with indigo loss, Samurai's have indigo to spare. The hot water alone won't shrink them all the way. The agitation will get a lot more shrinkage out of the way. Use a little Woolite Dark or Bronners soap and don't forget to turn them inside out!

o yea forgot this

What causes the agitation? The spin cycle? I thought having the jeans in the spin cycle was something people tried to avoid?

Definitely take them out before the spin cycle. Also, use the hottest setting on the washing machine, and use the gentle cycle. I also usually throw a pot of boiling water in as well, just don't pour it directly on the jeans.