Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Hey guys, I have a quick question for you all.

I just ordered a pair of 710 19oz and when I put them in my tub for a hot soak the things just didn't shrink at all. We're talking a two to three centimeters at most. Given that, should I throw them in my washer for a hot wash? I need to get these hemmed (there is no way that I can a 36 leg) but I want to get all the shrinkage out first. By the way, the waist is still a little large so I am not too worried about that...

Thanks so much.

you can either boiling soak or put in a hot wash (take it out before the spin cycle). Both should get most of the shrinkage out.

PS my lot 12 710s only shrunk an inch in the waist after a several soaks and a boiling soak but the rest of the jean shrank a lot.

Hey guys, I have a quick question for you all.

I just ordered a pair of 710 19oz and when I put them in my tub for a hot soak the things just didn't shrink at all. We're talking a two to three centimeters at most. Given that, should I throw them in my washer for a hot wash? I need to get these hemmed (there is no way that I can a 36 leg) but I want to get all the shrinkage out first. By the way, the waist is still a little large so I am not too worried about that...

Thanks so much.

as promised:

black knights tts 32 (5'6.5" 152lbs)

post hot wash/hot dry (15 min to damp, then worn while damp to dry.)

bkknightpostwashfit1.jpg

bkknightpostwashfit2.jpg

bkknightspostwashfit3.jpg

raw:

waist - 33

front rise - 11.25

back rise - 15

upper thigh - 12

knee - 9

leg opening - 8

inseam - 38.5

post hot wash/15min high dry to damp:

waist - 31

front rise - 10.5

back rise - 14

upper thigh - 11.5

knee - 8.5

leg opening - 8

inseam - 36.5

post hem and a few days wear of stretch:

waist - 33

front rise - 10.5

back rise 14

upper thigh - 12

knee - 8.5

leg opening - 8

inseam - 32

I finally got 'em! They are simply beautiful. I went TTS, and they are actually pretty snug in the waist, but I was able to button all the buttons without much effort, so that's a good sign.

I had a dream about them and they were 81/105. Pretty close eh?

dscn0526v.jpg

This looks so nice in person, my terrible camera does not do it justice.

dscn0525b.jpg

Standing on cardboard because it is raining.

dscn0529q.jpg

dscn0527.jpg

I'll definitely wear them lower in future, but they need to relax a little first.

dscn0528.jpg

So, what do you guys think of the fit?

VY only one with a great fit so far in my opinion, although kiljoy's looks even better but the angles are fucked.

ming, what's the deal with the giant crease running up the back of your left leg? I got a similar crease when I put a pair in the dryer one time, but it was off to the side more and took fucking forever to come out.

Mine arrived in the mail while I was back home for thanksgiving so I'll post up after I get back tomorrow.

40/101 is drying from the initial soak as we speak.

Initial thoughts, this denim is sick, much sicker than all other black denim I've had before. During the soak they turned the water pitch black with minimal agitation. As they dry, I noticed this crazy horizontal effect that I've never seen on jeans before, it looks like RHT but it's not.

2gy69fr.jpg