supertalk6
Chicken

Lightning Magazine Thread

Did you write "Kyle" in kanji? Embrace the katakana, dude.

Is it worth it to track down a lightning mag even though I can't read Japanese?  I could probably get one from kinokuniya in costa mesa as its only about a 20 minute drive...

Edited by itsbenhere

Yes, depending on the issue.  Lightning is really more of a men's lifestyle magazine than straight-up fashion, so it varies.  However, they often do special issues based on one particular theme (denim, boots, leather jackets, etc.) so if you can find one of those, it's definitely worth the money.

Sounds good Kyle... And thank you aho, just ordered the denim bible.  If I like what I see I'll definitely have to check out what I can get in person! 

I've got a couple back issues of Clutch, Lightning, and other Japanese magazines if anyone's interested. Check the link in my sig

^I know how you feel! Unfortunately Clutch is hands down the strongest magazine with most relevant content to my interests...

Subscription at $20 per month/issue is not cheap...

I guess I'll continue getting it through Take5 and have them shipped every other month with a regular order.

Subscription at $20 per month/issue is not cheap...

I guess I'll continue getting it through Take5 and have them shipped every other month with a regular order.

Yeah not cheap but shipping from Asia for something that heavy is around $10-12

This makes me so thankful for Kinokuniya. They sell Lightning, Clutch and Free & Easy all at standard retail. Free & Easy has definitely turned up toward prep/luxury, but Lightning and Clutch are still a lot of fun to leaf through every month.

Edited by Jared_Lee

Just ordered from lightningclutch - at the current rates a great deal (Got the Real McCoys book & Boots Bible shipped for 32€, whereas superdnim.co.uk charged 41€ for just the RMC book).

Holy crap, that book retails for a whole hell of a lot cheaper here.

Maybe I can start my own proxy service, lol.

You'd be surprised when you send a thick and heavy magazine to foreign countries by air mail - it would cost you an arm and a leg.

On 15/07/2017 at 8:20 AM, Max Power said:

20170715_090142.jpg

Must have cost you a fortune.....?