Lightning Magazine Thread

Chicken

We've actually got all three issues at both shops, it's just not online yet.

Self Edge also carries it (if you want to support a local shop) as well although it is not on their website yet with the first two issues.

"Local shop"? Isn't that a chain with its corporate headquarters in San Francisco? Just kidding. Kiya, I'll stop by SENY to pick up all three issues next week. Thanks for the info.

just checked imogene+willies homepage,really cool done:

http://imogeneandwillie.com/index.html

anybody here who knows more about them?

I live about a block away. I strolled in there about a year ago and was amazed to see someone else in Nashville who knew what selvage denim was. :-) They're great people, and it's a great shop. They carry LVC, APC, Rogan, RRL, handpicked vintage pieces, and White's Boots. Of course, what's really been their main success are their jeans. They make a men's Willie and two women's cuts, the Imogene, and a stretch model (can't remember the name).

The Willie is a pretty damned cool pair of jeans. It's basically a '47 501. From this cut, you can size down for a slim cut, size up for relaxed, and they also have builders/tailors on site that will contour the jeans however you'd like. Basically, they'll make whatever you want out of a basic 501 cut. As is, they fit great. The original version that was available to consumers was made out of a 318 selvage fabric (I think similiar to the LVC '37s), 12 oz I believe. The new version is a Matsui 14 oz Japanese fabric. Pretty much everyone I know and work with has a pair, they're incredibly popular in Nashville, a town that has been a denim deadzone for quite some time. I couldn't say enough good things about them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any translators in the house. I would love to know what they are saying. When I talked to them, they just smiled and nodded.

sure i can:"Rising Sun spared no toil and hired a professionell clown,entertaining the crowd not only with his artistic juggling skills but also dressed like one from 150 years ago(red rubber nose not visible)"

That explains a lot. Well at least Rising Sun pays their clowns in denim.

got my copy of Lightning Vol.198 today.really cant believe i am the first to post it.

4977587540_ee439e133e_z.jpg

As I predicted, the large text reads "Mr. Miner Trad" and the small text seems to be an explanation of what rnr's flagging an orange bandana on the left side means.

Dirty.

followed your link,riff:

"When worn on the left, orange indicates that the wearer will top in relatively any fetish, anytime, anywhere. Conversely, when orange is worn on the right, it can indicate either the wearer will bottom in relatively any fetish, anytime, anywhere or can indicate "just looking, no play"

now thats interesting,Chris...

As I predicted, the large text reads "Mr. Miner Trad" and the small text seems to be an explanation of what rnr's flagging an orange bandana on the left side means.

Dirty.

Yeah, but unfortunately it's a plum colored bandana. What does wiki say about an overpriced hillside plum colored bandeezies?

Yeah, but unfortunately it's a plum colored bandana. What does wiki say about an overpriced hillside plum colored bandeezies?

Overpriced Hillside plum colored bandana worn on left side= you like to lick the armpits of Japanese cowboys from Okayama Prefecture. Jesus, rnr, how specialized is it necessary to be?

Anyway, congratulations. What are those pants, again?

• 2 weeks later...

did you guys see this? as it seems the first fee&easy bilingual edition. though a special edition, still sounds intersting.

here are two links

http://cgi.ebay.com/My-Rugged-211-Free-Easy-Magazine-1st-Ed-Bilingual-/290479297531?pt=Vintage_Men_s_Clothing&hash=item43a1ea53fb

http://ameblo.jp/wh-archives/entry-10654734745.html