Lightning Magazine Thread

Chicken

Yup, we just got Men's File at Self Edge, it's hands down my favorite men's magazine currently being produced.

It's got it all, denim, tits, motorcycles, clothes, and amazing photography.

i just got my mono workwear no.2 and f&e 3/2010.

while mono workwear no.1 & 2 really deliver, the current f&e issue basically sucks (boring).

men's file is now available at sodabooks for €12.50 (shipping to germany included).

http://www.sodabooks.com/fashion-mens-fashion-c-47_48.html

they finally also stock the current f&e and lightning magazines.

where's the new denim edition? already sold out?

probably picking up that Men's File looks great and at least I can read the text

just came in the mail today. nice mag. still the japanese are way better but still great to be able to read the articles. i wish i had the money for one of thos royal enfields.the guy on the cover is wearing a real mccoys jacket

just came in the mail today. nice mag. still the japanese are way better but still great to be able to read the articles. i wish i had the money for one of thos royal enfields.the guy on the cover is wearing a real mccoys jacket

At first I though that guy was Alain Delon

I'm kind of glad in some ways that Lightning and F&E are not in English. If they were, they'd be stocked in every Borders. Thus giving freely the knowledge of Japanese trends in vintage to every "picker" in the US. Nah, better the way it is.

somehow yes, but not everyone is a s crazy as we are. still wish i could read the stuff i think i am missing out on a lot of infos. maybe men´s file will evolve into something similar.

Not everyone is as crazy as us, but there are lot of scavengers out there on the hunt 24/7. They would be dangerous with too much knowledge. It's one of the reasons I try to sell as little as possible on eBay. I don't want the other locals to know what I'm doing. They all watch each other like a bunch of idiots here and try to copy what the other successfully does. Pretty sad and pathetic lot they are.

Yup, we just got Men's File at Self Edge, it's hands down my favorite men's magazine currently being produced.

It's got it all, denim, tits, motorcycles, clothes, and amazing photography.

Got mine from you guys the other day. Love it for the pictures but it needs much better editorial.

Not everyone is as crazy as us, but there are lot of scavengers out there on the hunt 24/7. They would be dangerous with too much knowledge. It's one of the reasons I try to sell as little as possible on eBay. I don't want the other locals to know what I'm doing. They all watch each other like a bunch of idiots here and try to copy what the other successfully does. Pretty sad and pathetic lot they are.

There is no such thing as too much knowledge. What kind of knowledge would you have without what others have posted before you on Superfuture?

There is no such thing as too much knowledge. What kind of knowledge would you have without what others have posted before you on Superfuture?

No offense, but knowledge in the hands of idiots can be dangerous. I'm not saying that I don't learn anything on here, but I've been collecting vintage for about 20 years. So, to answer your question, I would have plenty!

• 4 weeks later...

ThisSunday, that's crazy cheap.

We PAY $11 a copy after shipping and duties and sell them for $15.

ThisSunday, that's crazy cheap.

We PAY $11 a copy after shipping and duties and sell them for $15.

I just got back from my local magazine spot to pick up Monocle and they also had it for $11.99. I think men's file needs to give you guys a better deal so you can price the magazine a little more competitively

I'm not too worried about it, we charge $15 and still make nothing after credit card fees, commission, etc..

Trying to compete with Barnes & Noble is not even a possibility, they probably also buy it for $11 but can afford to sell it for $12.