Lightning Magazine Thread

Chicken

if anyone wants a copy of the camping edition (can't remember what number it is) minus the Denim Jacket supplement, drop us a line.

What are the Requirements for getting featured in Lightning magazine ? do they ask you ? do you submit & ask if they would feat your jeans ?

Thanks'

They would come to you... they don't accept submissions.. they unfortunately never have.

They have access to SO many insane worn in jeans in Japan that get thrown at them from every manufacturer already.

Every brand has a vault filled with their own jeans that have been worn in every way imaginable, and when they do brand features they normally go through the newest jeans and shoot what they feel fits for the next issue.

so whos gonna start offering proxies for it when it comes out?

We'll have a HUGE stock of them at Self Edge... we're even going to put it up in our online store...

I know this isnt a lightning magazine but I thought it would fit anyway...

Did anyone get this book yet? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-REAL-JEANS-BOOK-JP-Vintage-LEVI-LEE-Catalog-big-e_W0QQitemZ160298788249QQihZ006QQcategoryZ1059QQcmdZViewItem

if so is it any good?

and what issue is that Khoiphan

Did anyone get this book yet? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-REAL-JEANS-BOOK-JP-Vintage-LEVI-LEE-Catalog-big-e_W0QQitemZ160298788249QQihZ006QQcategoryZ1059QQcmdZViewItem

if so is it any good?

Yup. I've got it. It's not bad. The first 2/3 is dedicated to showing different model years, primarily for Lee, Levis, and Wrangler. The last 1/3 is mostly of Japanese repro brands. It's only about 130 pages. Personally, I like the Lightning denim mag better.

free international shipping as well?

No, sorry.. that would mean we'd be giving away the magazine for free....

if so is it any good?

it looks good to me! tons of info and pics, from what i can see.

• 3 weeks later...

For any Australian sufu'ers out there; Kinokuniya at TGV, Sydney has two volumes of Lightning Magazine in store, and multiple copies of each, in the Japanese magazine section. One is the Denim Indigo Master Vol 47 that is an instant classic, and the other is Denim Style Book 2 Vol 28. They both retail for ~AU$20.

I virtually live in Kinokuniya so I'd be happy to proxy these for people for the cost of the book, postage and legwork.

• 2 weeks later...

New Lightning Magazine, American Dreamin' with Flat Head, Real Japan Blues, and Googies.

I see some coverage of the Flat Head party at Self Edge..

I see PeteRok, Jaime, Dick Danger, TAYS, Sonny, Boxthor, Doc, Clay, Demitra, and somebody else from Sufu getting his bandana signed...

Also, the shirts that will take the place of FH's chambray for 2009, their selvedge herringbone shirts..

20090114211159_00001-2.jpg

20090114211503_00001-2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

$50 each? Jesus, that's quite a bit.

We're gonna start selling them this weekend on our site for 25% less than that shipped if you're in the US.

i have ordered many times from amazon japan, the average shipping price for a magazine is around 3200yen, its not too bad when you ordered multiple different magazines at one time, cause the cost on them is only 980yen so under $10USD, just gotta make it worth your while and order a couple different in the same order.