Lightning Magazine Thread

Chicken

i have three copys left in my possession. and since im back in the states, they will be shipped immediately after i recieve payment.

NO INTERNATIONAL ORDERS. unless you are willing to pay the price.

RED

make that two copies. contact me within the next 4 hours and ill ship out today.

edit: $25 shipped in US in case anyone forgot.

What are the second pants down on the left side of p 224? I like those a lot. Edwins or something? My favorites are definitely the 5005 XXs on page 226. Strange how most everything that really struck me was all right around there. Cause the 3005XXs on the top right of p. 220 are the most hardcore sufu fit in the entire magazine far as I can tell.

I think the D51XXX is different from the SD51XX and is the special edition, no? p. 167?

oops, i guess i translated the wrong one. looks like the whole idea behind the xxx series is that they were trying to create denim that are better than xx's. they found this one old school loom in okayama that could weave supertight denim with superhigh tension on the threads. causing strong slubbiness on the surface, which creates unique vertical fades -- the kinds where the dots become lines. so they begged these weavers to create this special denim. even the cotton threads are made from scratch, as well as their special leather patches.

What are the second pants down on the left side of p 224? I like those a lot. Edwins or something? My favorites are definitely the 5005 XXs on page 226. Strange how most everything that really struck me was all right around there. Cause the 3005XXs on the top right of p. 220 are the most hardcore sufu fit in the entire magazine far as I can tell.

those jeans on p224 are real mccoy's 614s. the pages you're talking about from p211 to 239 feature denim fans from different regions. many of them from places considered "inaka" (country sides). i guess never underestimate them country folks.

^ Indigo Master: The Revenge?

Just got mine from Kinokunya (3 week order). Everyone's wearing regular jeans. No slims. Makes me wonder about some of the denim choices I've made lately, and the ones I'm going to make in the future.

Another thing I noticed is that a lot of these people hade been wearing their jeans for 3-5 years(!) Most people on here blow through their jeans in one year and declare them "done"... imagine if more people took the time out to really watch their jeans grow instead beating the living bejesus out of them...

Also, it gives hope to office jockeys like me :D maybe if I'm patient enough the jeans that I have will turn out as nice as theirs... The FH's were very well represented throught the magazine. A huge gallery of Evisu in the middle that is intimidating to say the least... and (finally!) some worn in pics of DD's... I think I'll be very happy with my 1920's in the future. Eternals look great as always, but hardly saw anypeople wearing them on the street :confused:

guess who's in the latest issue?

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

Maddy, you sexy bitch you!! Free and Easy AND Lightning?? This just isn't fair. I haven't even been in ONE japanese denim magazine yet....such bullshit!!

Oh, and if you're reading this, you look JUST like William in that picture....Its in the cheeks I think...and I always thought he looked more like Chuck....

chucks vintage is in F&E as well?

i'm going to lookout for this lightning issue at my local kinokuniya. damn, the library of unreadable material keeps growing... :o

tweeds, i'll be in singapore this wednesday. can you sound me off if they have it in kinu? also if they'll be closed for CNY, can you buy one for me and we can do the usual transaction? much appreciated.