Lightning Magazine Thread

Chicken

perhaps, it's a marketing strategy. this is all hypothetical, but magazines like lightning and free & easy are targeted toward people who are into amekaji (american casual) style. and 45rpm perhaps wants to brand themselves as a designer brand, thus target people who are more into high fashion.

From today on we will have Lightning Magazine for sale at Self Edge.

We accept phone orders for them too. (415-558-0658)

$20 a copy, shipping is extra.

We'll be getting the monthly issues plus the special edition books.

We're starting off with the Denim Indigo Master issue, available now..

From today on we will have Lightning Magazine for sale at Self Edge.

We accept phone orders for them too. (415-558-0658)

$20 a copy, shipping is extra.

We'll be getting the monthly issues plus the special edition books.

We're starting off with the Denim Indigo Master issue, available now..

Can i purchase them on the website or its only for phone order? I cant seem to find them on the website.

Can i purchase them on the website or its only for phone order? I cant seem to find them on the website.

You can order them via phone, email, or Skype (hit the button on our front page).

chicken rules, no doubt...

you wouldn't happen to know more about those nylon fn083, would you chicken?

those still look nice and dark for two years, def. interested :D

i didn't know anything about nylons, but found a little article in one of the books i had:

4846521508.jpg

this book was published in 1998, so the article is probably a bit outdated.

IMG_1236.jpg

the article doesn't say anything about their FN models. but nylon is a shop in osaka in an area known as amerika-mura. their vintage and used collections are some of the best in the region. they've been producing replica denim since 87, and by the time this article came out they claim they have created a perfect replication of the 50s XXs. they said other replicas should be called fakes. i guess they're pretty confident about their products.

Great mag -- too bad I can't read it!

Surprisingly, I am most impressed with the Lee's on pg. 114 and the Blue Bells on pg 202 -- very richly blue and contrasted.

It was also interesting to see the popularity of the FH 3005 versus the 3001, given that the later seems more popular here in the US. I think I remember Chicken noting this after his trip to the denim festival in Japan.

Chicken.. Can we start a new thread just called "Lightning Magazine"?

So it would be just ONE thread discussing ALL the issues?

Because honestly, i'd love to talk about back issues, new issues, upcoming issues, but this thread is directed towards just the DIM issue.

Thanks again for your help, Chicken...

seconded

oh and if you do find out something about that FN model, let me know :P

Chicken.. Can we start a new thread just called "Lightning Magazine"?

So it would be just ONE thread discussing ALL the issues?

Because honestly, i'd love to talk about back issues, new issues, upcoming issues, but this thread is directed towards just the DIM issue.

great idea kiya.

why don't we turn this thread into a lightning magazine thread, where we discuss about all the lightning magazine issues? we could ask tweeds to rename the thread title. or if you want to start a new thread, that's cool too.

great idea kiya.

why don't we turn this thread into a lightning magazine thread, where we discuss about all the lightning magazine issues? we could ask tweeds to rename the thread title. or if you want to start a new thread, that's cool too.

You pick.. i don't care.. The thread title should be changed if we continue using this thread..

saw about five copies of this magazine at asahiya on sawtelle today.

pm me if there are still people interested.

copies sold to flex0r, theetruscan and hardlyworking and they've all been shipped. last copy sold to 40ozprophet. :)

flex0r, glad to know you received your copy.

A. his name :D / B. a company employee / C. sugarcane sc1947 / D. about 4 years / E. the size was perfect and there are memories attached to them / F. almost every day / G. washing machine / H. sugarcane (because of great value for the price) / I. this is my favorite pair with a history of fixing and wearing x2

TIP, you da man! thanks again.

Are there any Rakuten shops that cary Nylon?

i didn't know anything about nylons, but found a little article in one of the books i had:

4846521508.jpg

this book was published in 1998, so the article is probably a bit outdated.

IMG_1236.jpg

the article doesn't say anything about their FN models. but nylon is a shop in osaka in an area known as amerika-mura. their vintage and used collections are some of the best in the region. they've been producing replica denim since 87, and by the time this article came out they claim they have created a perfect replication of the 50s XXs. they said other replicas should be called fakes. i guess they're pretty confident about their products.

We got 20 copies of the Denim Indigo Master issue and we've got about 8 left if anybody is still looking for one...

Volume 48 (Flat Head Yearbook) came in a few days ago too..

We've only got 1 left out of 20, but we're gettting another 20 in two weeks.