Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

the BB are not really slim. IH 301, 666 or Samurai S003JP/ 710xx would be suitable.

IMO IH have a very neat and clean denim, the fabric of Samurai has a different charcter, more slubby and irregular. But in the end it's all personal preference and I love both brands. I just don't understand the current "hype" around slim heavyweight jeans. Seems a bit contradicting or driven by fashion. A classic straight cut will do as well or even better.

Welp, the 666 are actually a bit slubby. I was thinking to myself if these were slubby or if it was my imagination and I read on the product page they actually are.

I can say owning both IH and Samurai they are both my favorite jeans. I also own the 666OD and that is by god my favorite cut on a jean. But if you are going for samurai go for the 710, it is a classic cut that can be sized to be skinny or a straight leg cut. The main difference I would say between IH and Samurai is that fabric like max said. Samurai has a very rough texture on pretty much all of their jeans while IH's are very soft but thick.

I would personally try one of them out if possible and if not if you are looking for a skinny cut go with either the 666's or 301s but if you are looking for a relatively slim cut go for the 710s. That's just IMO though.

t. I just don't understand the current "hype" around slim heavyweight jeans. Seems a bit contradicting or driven by fashion. A classic straight cut will do as well or even better.

hmmm...quite a bit to discuss. I don't think it's "hype". I don' t see anything wrong with wanting the best of both worlds. With certain body types, slim cuts just look better. I'm a skinny guy with a thin waist, no ass and stick legs. Even with "classic straight" cuts, I look like a hip hop poseur, like a rap star wannabe from the mid 1990s. Slim cuts just look better on me. But that shouldn't preclude me from getting heavyweight denim. I love the stiffness of it, the way it fades and the character of the texture. Therefore, I like slim heavyweight jeans. I don't think that's "hype".

For my taste I like to wear the pants rather loose then tight. You'll receive better fading result structure then on thight worn ones. But it's probably a personal taste like mentioned by others before.

hmmm...quite a bit to discuss. I don't think it's "hype". I don' t see anything wrong with wanting the best of both worlds. With certain body types, slim cuts just look better. I'm a skinny guy with a thin waist, no ass and stick legs. Even with "classic straight" cuts, I look like a hip hop poseur, like a rap star wannabe from the mid 1990s. Slim cuts just look better on me. But that shouldn't preclude me from getting heavyweight denim. I love the stiffness of it, the way it fades and the character of the texture. Therefore, I like slim heavyweight jeans. I don't think that's "hype".

My thoughts exactly. The point is to wear jeans that fit your body. If that means buying a "slim" or "skinny" cut then so be it. But wearing jeans that fit like sweatpants is silly.

you cannot go wrong with IH or Samurai. Get a pair of both and alternate with a huge smile on your face :D

or buy a pair of WH and Ooe and alternate with an even bigger smile and stay true to the original denim spirit... :P

that is what i'm about to do as well.. very excited.

I have strayed outside of IH and I'm super glad for it. IH makes awesome jeans but so do others. No reason we shain't spread the love !