Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

I got the 23 ounce overdyed type 3 that self edge made this year. This denim is already so interesting and I can already see blue peaking through. Initially I didn’t think I would like the overdyed denim but for a jacket it’s really badass how it looks with a pair of indigo jeans. Really glad I picked it up. It honestly feels like a leather jacket between the heavyweight denim and the overdye :)

362D73EA-7FA5-438F-A364-4A33B5D4CBB7.jpeg

EFF804C6-89CE-4A64-8B7A-45DF9CECC30A.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at their upcoming collection, and there's not a lot of indigo in their tops. They have a lovely selection of short & long sleeve knits, in a variety of colors, but no indigo...

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, JDelage said:

Wow, that thing is a legend in the making! Did you remove the hood? The collar looks a bit floppier than I would expect.

no. there wasn't any hood on this model as opposed to the current m65 they produced. this pair has also been washes plenty of times so they're truely worn in. if you look at the currenty range, i think only some models have the hood. this will be similar to the iron heart OD 14oz denim i believe. will ask giles and haraki when i see them in bkk at the end of the week.

I think the collar looks much better when it's a bit floppy, i.e., without the hood. Otherwise it stands up and it feels & looks very different. In any case, that's a lovely jacket you developed. It's making me reconsider some of their denim outerwear.

it's definitely soft when i have it down but it's also sturdy enough to put it up like eric cantona when it gets a little chilly. i recently bought another 'm65' style windproof/ waterproof jacket from this season's collection.. can't wait to put that to use..

Edited by louisbosco

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, roomtemplacroix said:

hi folks, has anyone ever had luck shrinking iron heart flannels with hot washing/drying? i want one pretty bad but probably can’t make a small not look way too long on me without having it hemmed. 

If you hot soak/wash one and then run it through the dryer till it's completely dry you'll get almost a full inch of shrinkage in the length.  Or you can always just get it hemmed by a tailor, it's an easy job and looks fine as long as you don't take off more than 2" or so.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's a great pair of jeans. Depending on how that run is cut, the 633 can have just the right amount or sometimes too much taper, IMO. I could be wrong, but I fairly certain that 14oz denim is a lighter version of their 18oz denim, which is woven at the same mill as Full Count's and is intended to be a repro denim. 

4 minutes ago, mpukas said:

That's a great pair of jeans. Depending on how that run is cut, the 633 can have just the right amount or sometimes too much taper, IMO. I could be wrong, but I fairly certain that 14oz denim is a lighter version of their 18oz denim, which is woven at the same mill as Full Count's and is intended to be a repro denim. 

I have always been a skinny fit guy being that I am 6'3" and ~180lbs but I'm more in the 200lb range now and getting older, I need a nice medium rise and more of an overall taper with some leg room. I was at SELA yesterday and tried on a ton of jeans. I have owned SG2109, 301s-14, Imperial SExI08/14, SE05BSP etc and they are all too skinny for me now and can't deal with the low rise. After buying the Sugar Cane EDO-AI, I realized I needed to get some more jeans that were looser.  Went a 36 with the option to cold soak to gently shrink or hot soak if more shrinkage was needed. Try get a fit pick up today. They are more for me riding motorcycles too so left them un-hemmed.

Gents, (text copy/pasted f/ IH forum, so I plagiarized myself) 

I just copped this N1 BLK size XL f/ the outlet. Been looking for a proper winter coat for literally years. This should do nicely.

Opinions on fit? I have an IHxSE type III denim jacket and the blanket lined riders jacket both in XXL. I wear IH westerns in XL. In fit pics I have on an XL UHF under the N1. I think this is on the edge of being too large, but acceptable. I could have gone w/ and L, but wasn't available at the time. 

I live in the mountains of CO, in the Vail area. We definitely get cold temps here in the winter, but not as cold as where @neph93 is. I'll only be wearing this N1 when it's really cold and I'll have some type of heavy flannel or denim shirt underneath. I don't wear multiple layers like heavy sweaters or cardigans. Worst case scenario is I'd wear an extra insulated layer on those scarce occasions when it's a high of -10F.

Cheers!

20200829_114345.jpg

20200829_114326.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i put my 666UHRs back on and off a couple of days each week between the in last indigo invitational and the start of the current. still my favourite pair by a mile. here hoping the 666-21L can pair beside it down the road.. 

washed it with some other pairs that i seldom wear and took some photos.

224c84f1-5da3-413c-ba77-7986b93577ee.JPG

99e5dfd9-e93d-4758-9f26-136b3b952a6f.JPG

d1996ced-e382-440e-8468-bfa2089fd5f9.JPG

425b6439-8007-4f1f-80cf-a52e56656274.JPG

fdbfb43f-340d-4457-87e5-e97e5fe1e4c4.JPG

78d6e0ed-dd73-48de-bc4a-b00a3c638726.JPG

c9112485-8f0c-4efc-a430-674e544ae7e1.JPG

54ba6221-4996-4c8f-ae9f-cd593a0fcf8c.JPG

0afce801-c45c-4d68-b393-198d0d16e03b.JPG