Guest Guy H

Iron Heart Jeans

Can anyone comment how much do you notice the difference in weight from the 21oz sanforized compared to the 21/23oz UHR??

Shred jeans for a living.

But for real, carpenter.

2 hours ago, bradl said:

But for real, carpenter.

Just curious, what caused the hole on the right thigh?  

2 hours ago, bradl said:

But for real, carpenter.

Just curious, what caused the hole on the right thigh?  

Side of my tool belt, where my hammer sits was rubbing on that spot. 

@bradl great to see updates from you again. What denim are your 888's - 21 or UHR? What do you think of the 888 model? 

Incredible authentic work wear denim evo bradl!!!!!!!!!!

On 09/09/2018 at 7:03 PM, bradl said:

But for real, carpenter.

I thought my job destroyed jeans but I can't compete with that. Good work 

my 888-UHR's from 07/20/2018 atr about 8 months, 10 +/- washes. I wore them consistently through about mid-August like this. The high rolled mega cuff added much needed lower ventilation and air flow, and made it bearable to wear them in temps approaching 90F. Higher than that and it's shorts. 

I've lost quite a bit of weight (and never put back on the bulk/weight that I expected to), and these ran a bit bigger and didn't shrink as much as I expected. I could use a 33. They kinda hang off of me like a sack now. I've realized I prefer a mid rise, as on the 634, as opposed to this higher rise. And, I don't like the way this UHR denim responds to washing. It looses dye ridiculously quick and gets lots of white crocking marks. As Giles said somewhere on the IH Forum, this is a true enthusiast's denim, for someone who only rinses their jeans in the tub once or twice a year. So, I'm not sure how much more I'm gonna wear them... I'm eyeing other pairs... really bummed that I might be bailing on the DWC at less than a year... 

20180720_122655.thumb.jpg.84f9677f918985a7618a74b7d7ebefc6.jpg

@mpukas congratulations on the weight loss! I'm sort of in the same boat. Lost 20 lbs and my DWC jeans are hanging off me. FWIW they don't look too big in that pic

Edited by erockisalive

I was floating around on Jelado's webshop and saw that they did a collab with Iron Heart.  Not my style but it's definitely a different take.  Lol at the style name "Jackass".

http://www.jelado.com/product/2709

20141102_421bde.JPG

20140417_a9c1a0.JPG

20140417_16da64.JPG

20140417_9c2653.JPG

20140417_175ec5.JPG

Edited by mlwdp

I was lucky enough to be sent the sample of the upcoming 12oz Wabash CPO. 

Feels a lot warmer and thicker than 12oz. Looking forward to seeing this age 

IMG_3309.JPG

fullsizeoutput_163c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1645.jpeg

Great shots and awesome faded jeans seen here

On 10/7/2018 at 10:34 AM, spitfiredealer said:

Possibly my favourite IH shirt. Love how it is ageing

IMG_3616.JPG

Every time I see a photo of this shirt, I regret selling mine. 

7 hours ago, Down In Albion said:

what is with the prices now? £300 for jeans? prices have gone nuts. 

A few months ago Giles announced on the IH forum that IH would be increasing their prices across the board for a number of reasons. 

Picked up the new kersey western, one of the most interesting fabrics that I've seen in awhile.
lEtHlPT.jpg

I agree. I have it too, it's going to be fun to see it evolve. (The sleeves are a tad long on mine.)

I'd like to see a workshirt with the same fabric.

On 10/15/2018 at 4:57 PM, mpukas said:

A few months ago Giles announced on the IH forum that IH would be increasing their prices across the board for a number of reasons. 

he dun lost his mind. 

Sometimes I get lucky with sizes on sale. About to head to Michigan to visit my parents, this will do for the 40 degree highs.

65B18A78-A529-49CB-B3DA-994263F0EFDE.jpeg

I have that one in a workshirt. It's a lovely fabric.

Wore it out last night, huge fan of it. Everyone kept asking if I was cold :D

I think I might have accidentally destroyed a pair of two year old Iron Hearts. It had been a month or so since their last wash so I did my standard cold wash, air dry. Unfortunately they didn't dry out quite quickly enough and there was a slight mildew odor from the waist area.

I threw in some dissolved OxiClean/detergent and threw them into the wash to do a cold presoak/cold wash. Once finished I threw them onto the rack to dry out. There are brown stains throughout the inside. There is a brownish tint to almost the entire surface on the inside of the jeans. There's also a brownish/redish tint to in the areas on the front where the indigo is darker.

What in the holy hell happened? I've never had an issue like this before. the only wildcard factor was OxiClean to get the mildew smell out. Could OxiClean have caused this? I washed a pair of my black Iron Hearts using OxiClean without issue.

My first thoughts/questions are: what type of residence do you live in, what type of utilities do you have, and what type of washing machine do you have? Have you seen anything similar in any other clothes being washed in the same appliance? Reasons are those could be rust stains. To me it's unlikely mold/mildew could develop to that degree, that quickly. Unless there's a more serious underlying mold problem in the residence. If you have a water heater in your residence, have you checked it? If a water heater is on it's way out, it will put out rusty, discolored water. But that would only affect the hot water lines, not cold. Is it possible that plumbing in the residence has rusty infrastructure? Is it possible that any municipal water lines coming into the residence are rusty? 

I've had experience with rust stains on clothes before (many, many years ago; college years, at a laundromat). They are difficult to get out; had to use some sort of toxic solution, but clothes weren't ruined. 

Other thoughts are: how long since last wash? Any exposure to some odd/strange substance that got on your jeans? That may have had some sort of reaction to cleaning agent. 

Oxiclean makes a stain removal product, it's not detergent. It works on oxygen molecules bonding to stains. It's sold in a small container, powder form. Mix in a bucket/sink of water and soak clothes for 1 hr. Has worked very well for me, especially summer shoes made of fabric. But I've not tried it on jeans, so I can't say that it would work to get stains out or that there wouldn't be any adverse affects.