Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

I got this pair of IH301S 21oz in a size 32 and they didn't fit ;(, would anyone be interested in purchasing them from me?

image_zps119fd481.jpg 

image_zpsd3e9094f.jpg 

I might be interested. What are the actual measurements? Also, is the leg seam selvedge? It looks like whip stitching in red.

Also, is the leg seam selvedge? It looks like whip stitching in red.

Japanese Selvedge Indigo Denim (Non-Showing outer seam selvedge)

^ I don't understand this last reply? 

I have a pair of IH 9634Z 21oz Real Black, and they don't have a selvedge edge on the outer leg seam. I've been meaning to post a question about this - is this selvedge denim? Is it less deisreable? Denim quality seems to be to be on par with other selvedge I have, prolly more rigid, but doesn't have the same coolness, X-factor, what ever you call it. 

Mine are black warp black weft, black stitching, red W, and as I understand it will not fade. If I had know better at the time, I would have looked for black selvedge with white weft and contrasting stitching. That said I really like them. 

Hi mpukas,

I didn't understand "(Non-Showing outer seam selvedge)" for a while either.

Basically "Japanese Selvedge Indigo Denim (Non-Showing outer seam selvedge)" means the manufacturer wove a role of selvedge denim and they constructed jeans that don't use the the self-edge (redline) on the outer leg seam of the jeans. They used the rest of the material for the jeans but they used that selvedge (redline) for something else. Who know what - ipod covers, wallets, hats, etc. but not the leg seam of the jeans. 

Is the non-showing selvedge denim the same material? Yes. Will it wear and fade the same? Yes. Is it missing that critical detail on the leg seam? Yes.  

Is it less desirable? In my opinion, yes, it is less desirable. For me, selvedge denim is about the details. And the minimum requirement, in my view, is that selvedge jeans have a selvedge leg seam. They don't have to have a selvedge inner fly. They don't have to have a selvedge coin pocket or belt loop, but they must have a selvedge leg seam. These don't, so as a buyer, they are worth a little less money to me. (As you say, the jeans don't have the same "coolness factor".)
Edited by sta991

Hi mpukas,

I didn't understand "(Non-Showing outer seam selvedge)" for a while either.

Basically "Japanese Selvedge Indigo Denim (Non-Showing outer seam selvedge)" means the manufacturer wove a role of selvedge denim and they constructed jeans that don't use the the self-edge (redline) on the outer leg seam of the jeans. They used the rest of the material for the jeans but they used that selvedge (redline) for something else. Who know what - ipod covers, wallets, hats, etc. but not the leg seam of the jeans. 

Is the non-showing selvedge denim the same material? Yes. Will it wear and fade the same? Yes. Is it missing that critical detail on the leg seam? Yes.  

Is it less desirable? In my opinion, yes, it is less desirable. For me, selvedge denim is about the details. And the minimum requirement, in my view, is that selvedge jeans have a selvedge leg seam. They don't have to have a selvedge inner fly. They don't have to have a selvedge coin pocket or belt loop, but they must have a selvedge leg seam. These don't, so as a buyer, they are worth a little less money to me. (As you say, the jeans don't have the same "coolness factor".)

FYI, the only time the selvedge ID isn't used on the outseam is when the leg is tapered (or flared for bootcut) from both the inner AND outer seam.  It is not so that the manufacturer can use the selvedge edge to make other products.

Great fit dude!  Is it as heavy as the recent super heavies? For some reason it looks a little lighter...

Albert, how long have you had those 634s? They're looking very nice, i love seeing jeans that've been worn for a long time.

Ben, I've had those 634's for about 3.5 years...Over that time, I've probably put about 1.25 to 1.5 solid years of wear into them. They are probably my most worn / washed jeans. I only wear them occasionally now, but I really like having a fuller cut jean to bum around in.

Yep! I would have loved to have had my hands on it for HWDC

Edited by FLDenim211

Hi Ironheart Army, Can anyone with the knowledge of Ironheart 555-02 help me with the details of it's cotton. Is it Texas?