Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

He's talking about sizing inconsistencies even before the denim is soaked, not differences in how they shrink after a soak. I agree it seems like the inconsistencies would be due to cutting and sewing errors, but obviously that isn't the case. I'd be interested to know how the denim itself is causing the issues.

I don't think that Momotaro did something like the partial sanforisation. The denim on the vintage Label at least behaved just like normal loomstate denim and I've seen that only occasionally stated, probably citing the same source over and over.

Edited by Max Power

This is a real blast from the past…I bought this shirt…probably sometime in 2007.  It was too long for me when I bought it, but the idea of such a burly (12 oz) denim shirt was too much for me to pass up.  It sat without much wear for a long time, but over the last 4 years, my brother has started to wear it enough to get some character showing up.

20EC1568-6E4E-47CB-A26D-576F10759537.jpg

12CEB312-EDEA-445A-8785-E38938E5B222.jpg

3E63B9F8-99C7-4E51-9DC9-B214CD9A899C.jpg

3ED2CDED-8C62-4767-BB40-751F12200C69.jpg

Really like the look of that Tmadd, personally for me denim shirts and jackets I can't get on with but I still really enjoy others wearing this kind of gear. This one looks real nice.

In other news....although I am an evisu fanatic I have recently bought some 21oz beatle busters around a month ago from Rivet and hide in London. Awesome store.

Really enjoying wearing them, the 21oz denim feels great, really soft, really great to touch etc. the build quality is really high end and although expensive it's obvious from the start that these are jeans for life. Sooner or later in the next 4-6 months I will post some photos pre wash/post wash.

Really happy with the fit, I did try on the 666 too but just couldn't quite get on with the thigh, the busters seem to be more forgiving in this area and still have a nice lower leg on them.

Even after I bought them I wasn't totally sure about coming away from evisu, especially my lot2005 I've come to love over the last 18 months of wear....we all know how it is with a long running pair of denims don't we.

although deep down I will always love evisu more than any other brand I know I've made a great purchase here and like I said they will last a life time....these will definetly be my next long runner for sure.

Just bought myself a pair of 555-02's in a 33w.

I've been eyeing up IH's for years but I just never pulled the trigger as other jeans came in the way (Tellasons, Steel Feathers). I'm glad I did though and I don't know why I waited so long.

Post soak, they were a bit blocky as loose but after a warm soak, everything tightened up a little and they feel much better. The waist is slightly too big by about an inch but I had to accommodate for extra thigh room. Even now the thighs are slightly tight but with wear they should loosen off.

Can't wait to start the journey!

1.jpg2.jpg

3.jpg4.jpg

Edited by Sellhimechoes

he might be talking about the stacks lol

i have the same pants, i really wish they took 0.5-1 inch off the rear rise though, its a little weird

I knew it was either the fit or the stacks. Aye I've just got them so not had time to get them hemmed yet. I might leave them as I don't mind stacks at all.

Yeah the rear rise is a little bit bigger than I'm used to but its not too bad, it just means I need to wear my jeans properly instead of on my hips :)

Edited by Sellhimechoes

he might be talking about the stacks lol

i have the same pants,  i really wish they took 0.5-1 inch off the rear rise though, its a little weird

Agreed. The rear rise could do with half inch off. I have the same IH's 

Here's one for Kiya + SE Crew

634s-SEXIH13 + IHSH-92

These jeans remain my favorite above all. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the color and the fabric. The indigo is so dark they're almost black. The denim is a super tight weave and a soft face. I've found that this denim has very little stretch, especially compared to other unsanforized denim. When I got these nearly 1 1/2 yrs ago, I was a bit bigger, especially in the thighs. I suffered through about 6 months of wear with having the inseams leaving indentations on my legs. At the time, there were no 34's left, so I stuck with these. Then a few 34's turned up. I was considering selling these 33's and getting a pair of 34's. Now since I've lost so much size, they fit perfectly. I'm loving that I can wear these comfortably! 

Great shirt!!! This is a size XL. Tried on the XXL at SELA, and was on the fence between sizes. When the XL was unwashed, it fit perfect. With a cold wash and hang dry, it's shrunken slightly and now is smaller. The body and sleeve length is fine, but the chest and shoulders are a bit tight. Notice how the upper most snap I have snapped pulls to the side, and the arm pits are tight. The shoulder seams are just a bit above the edge of my shoulder, and I can't button the top button at the neck. Still, I love the shirt and it does look good on me in this size. 

Thanks Kiya! 

634s-634s-SEXIH13_IHSH-92_07-02-14_2_zps

SEXIH13_IHSH-92_07-02-14_1_zpsb1ebe262.j

Glad you like the jeans Michael, they're one of my favorites too.  Love the way they settle in and how the fabric turns from such a dark navy to a medium indigo hue.

Kiya - what do you think of the fit of that shirt, despite the not-so-great pic? 

edit - please be totally honest 

Edited by mpukas

Kiya - what do you think of the fit of that shirt, despite the not-so-great pic? 

edit - please be totally honest 

The shirt size looks great, i definitely wouldn't have gone any bigger on that shirt or else the sleeves and body length would have been too long on you.

So bitchin. I like them against the hardwood floors too. Really makes them stand out.

Does anyone have a spare IH trucker hat they're wanting to part with? I saw that "DENIM FOREVER" one and never wanted a hat so bad in my life...

Yeah nizzel55 that's a great pair of jeans, and great photos on that floor. I love the look of slim/skinny straight jeans like the IH-666 in pics like this. Hate to say this, but pics like these make the jeans look better than they actually do on any of us LOL (except those of us that are younger skinny models ;)

Ended up picking up a pair of IH 301s from self edge this last week. Haven't bought a pair of iron heart since 2012 (ish ...maybe early 2013) and thought by the sizing chart it looked like it would be a good fit and something heavier for winter months.I thought the fit was on point when I tried it on (unfortunately after doing a quick soak later noticed a weird fit in the crotch so they gonna be sold, win some, you lose some) but noticed the denim is a great deal softer than I ever recall IH denim being in it's fresh state. So I asked and found out the cotton being used has changed. Has anyone else who's been around the brand for a while noticed the dramatic change in how the IH denim feels? I remember my 25 oz and 23 oz denim feeling like walking in cardboard when I was breaking them in.. The 25 oz denim I tried on earlier this year and now the 21 oz is only comparable to.... Sweatpants, honestly. Sorry such a long post

Edited by tatmantall

Ended up picking up a pair of IH 301s from self edge this last week. Haven't bought a pair of iron heart since 2012 (ish ...maybe early 2013) and thought by the sizing chart it looked like it would be a good fit and something heavier for winter months.I thought the fit was on point when I tried it on (unfortunately after doing a quick soak later noticed a weird fit in the crotch so they gonna be sold, win some, you lose some) but noticed the denim is a great deal softer than I ever recall IH denim being in it's fresh state. So I asked and found out the cotton being used has changed. Has anyone else who's been around the brand for a while noticed the dramatic change in how the IH denim feels? I remember my 25 oz and 23 oz denim feeling like walking in cardboard when I was breaking them in.. The 25 oz denim I tried on earlier this year and now the 21 oz is only comparable to.... Sweatpants, honestly. Sorry such a long post

So you're comparing the 23oz denim, the 25oz, and the 21oz?

The first two are raw, the third one has been rinsed.  Had the first two been rinsed in Japan at the factory then they would have been nearly as soft and pliable as the 21oz.  

Also, i wouldn't sell the 21oz you got just yet, let them settle in, wear them for a bit and i guarantee the fit will satisfy you within a few weeks of wear.

Edited by kiya

Actually I compared the 25 of two years ago to the 'ore recent 25 oz as well..I had received a pair of 25 oz 634s from ihuk approximately a month ago and they were also like sweatpants... I'm not looking to argue I'm asking if others noticed this difference my observation was first of the 25 oz, them after receiving these they had the same extremely soft feel I experienced with the new 25 oz. Since I had experienced the 23&25 (actually the 18 oz raw too if we get it all out) and noticed a noticeable difference in the two same denims two years later that was the reason I asked if others noticed a difference... Perhaps someone has had the 21 oz from then and now and can elaborate... It was a question more than a comparison or criticism

Edited by tatmantall

For anyone looking at the IH-666-UHR in larger sizes.  I wear size 36 in all my iron Heart jeans.  This includes the 555-01, 555-03, 301, 7301 and the 9301's.  I purchased a size 36 from Self Edge in the IH-666-UHR and found the following measurements.

Pre-soak (wow these are stiff)

waist - 36.3

inseam - 36.5

rise - 11.1

leg opening - 9.0

After two 1 hour soaks in very hot bath tub water

waist - 35.25

inseam - 35.5

rise - 10.9

leg opening - 8.5

knee - 9.15

These were very difficult to button but once you get them on they do start to soften and loosen.  With two very short wears I've already been able to straight the waist back out to a comfortable fit.  I think the back rise measurement helps with this.  These are awesome and definitely have a different feel and hue compared to my 555-01's.  I would consider these slim but not overly tight and definitely more roomy than the 555-01's in the lower leg.

Just to get a general idea, do IH enthusiasts generally lean towards the straight-cut IH models (634s, etc.) or the skinnier/slim IH's (301s, etc.)