Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Crappy cellphone pictures. 

I have been thinking about hemming my jeans. They were sent away for a repair last month, Should have thought about it then. :)

This is how I am dressed most days. With a Fjallräven parka on top of it.

IHSH76.jpg

The olive stitiching is great IMO. I don't like the leather stuff...

I agree with this statement.  One question i have always had was, is the leather only on the outside?  As somebody who wears a knife in this portion of the pocket the majority of my wear comes in the pocket bags.

northern florida. it's been surprisingly cold here lately.

they'll get worn regularly once i move back to kentucky :)

I am in Northern Florida as well! Heavyweight humidity champs!

Thanks! Yup it is. Pink thread on hem stitching, just wanna be different from my another jeans (or everyone) when i roll it up and wear it with sneakers. But in past few month i just stack 'em bcse i wre a boots almost everyday, rainy day/season always ruin my sneakers hahaha

Anyone have experience with the 18oz 666s vs the SExIH 301? I'm tempted by the new SE drop this weekend, but I've already got the Devils.

I find the waist in the Devils a bit big (sz 36) and the thighs a bit small.

Thanks,

Lorrie

Anyone have experience with the 18oz 666s vs the SExIH 301? I'm tempted by the new SE drop this weekend, but I've already got the Devils.

I find the waist in the Devils a bit big (sz 36) and the thighs a bit small.

Thanks,

Lorrie

I have the 301's, 7301's and the 9301's in size 36.  I have plenty of room in the thighs and have a little extra space on the side of my hips.  The waist fits a little on the roomy side after multiple days but is comfortable.  I'm 6'3" 195 lbs and mtn bike a ton in the summers.  I find a thigh measurement in the 12.8 to 13.3 range works the best for me.  One thing to remember is the new collab is unsanforized so they will fit smaller than the jeans I describe above.

I had decided yesterday afternoon to treat myself to a pair of the 1955s. That is, until I checked the size chart. I was disappointed to find that the size 38 measures 15" in the thigh. I'd go with a size 36, but I do not want to count on the waist stretching 2.5". Ideally, my jeans will measure 37" in the waist at the outset, prior to any stretching, and end up at 38"-38.5". It really is too bad -- The size 36 1955 measures out perfectly for me everywhere but the waist. 

Edited by josh mullen

Yeah. I figured that there wouldn't be much variation, in terms of measurements, among different pairs in the same size. I haven't any experience with Iron Heart, but, for some reason, it strikes me as the sort of company that values precision. Were I ordering some o/w Warehouse 800s or "rinsed" Sugar Cane 1947s, I'd expect there to be variation from pair to pair. There's a greater degree of predictability with sanforized stuff, as we all know. 

A question for you IH aficionados: Why is the 1955 model so seemingly underrepresented here and elsewhere? As far as I can tell, it's one of the better cuts IH offers. 

Edited by josh mullen

^imo the 55 cut is pretty "oldschool" and laid back. it's a dope cut for the heavy boys or the guys with big thighs no question, others are going the 634s route when looking for a straight cut and when wanting a more tapered fit it's either the Beatle Buster, 666 or even 301 or 555!

The 1955 cut seems to have a insane rise and pretty strong taper...I don't own a 55 Repro, but found the measurements to look odd because of those features. Maybe it has to be worn to be judged. If you wait a while, you can get the 1955 cut with the great 21/23oz Raw denim - this might solve your sizing issues and get you the nicer denim.

Edited by Max Power