shit you hate

RedFoxxworth

I hate when someone is doing something all "crazy" in public, and they're dying to make eye contact with you to see how totally freaked out you are by their craziness.

"Get a load of me, motherfucker. I'm on a GODDAMN UNICYCLE! How you like that shit? One fucken wheel, bitch! And if I feel like blowing your mind later, I might even start juggling - WHILE RIDING MY UNICYCLE!"

So I shrug and turn my attention to an interesting squirrel scampering up a tree.

I've also noticed super-hot chicks play a similar game. You can feel them trying to get your eye contact, and when you do look at them, they smirk at you as if to say "no. fucking. chance."

Yea, i hate kids who think doing something "random" or crazy where it's just a big inside joke to them and then think it's funny. There's nothing clever, witty, or interesting going on. You're just doing something out of the ordinary and people are reacting appropriately. I mainly just hate people.

When I give people a demo and they dont even listen to it, but instead just throw it out.

i will listen to it

put it on my computer

throw out the cd

listen to it again on the computer

then probably delete it.

gimmi yo demo.

When I give people a demo and they dont even listen to it, but instead just throw it out.

the music industry is tough, and i am starting to think that success in it is probably 75% being in right place/right time 25% actual talent/image...this makes me remember a story i read in the source years ago, when DMX was startin to get hot...he recalls the struggle and after having put out 'Get at me dog' was getting buzz...at one press event some dude tryin to get a deal runs up to the front and pleads X to check his demo out, it was an envelope with "THIS IS HOT SHIT X" written on it. X noted that he's been there before and relates to that struggle

I wonder if DMX ever listened.

That depends on which end you're coming in on, the beginning, the assed out end of an era. Sometimes those labels will snap up anything that looks good and sounds halfway decent if you're the right face in the right place. At some point in high school I was in an R&B group (why, I don't know, it was a long story, mid to late 90's blank out) and we went and recorded a proper demo off some guys gazillion ADATs all done together, shopped those CDs to all the big boys, back when pressing demo CDs was like next level shit and you normally got those clear tapes done up. We got letters of interest from Def Jam and Laface, and I can't remember why we didn't follow up on any of that, but I do remember eventually calling it quits pretty much right after because we bitched at each other all the time and hated each other, haha.

the recording industry is dead

or at least in a stage where its present form is dying and it is evolving into a whole new monster in order to keep up with the development of society

the money nowadays as a musician is purely in concerts, advertisements/launching themselves as multi faceted "lifestyle" brand, and ultimately maybe a film career. albums are nothing but a vehicle for people to be aware these guys exist. I applaud what Trent Reznor did with distribution for The Slip...but really when you think about it, isn't that what things have more or less boiled down to?

people who dont FUCKING text back.

My roomate who unnecessarily texts back "k" to everything.

Ftb2 -

The record industry is far from dead - as long as there are artists to be exploited, they will be around. But, their role as th corporate fat-cats who actually generate all the money, rather than the interest in the artist, is what is lessening. Because of the proliferation of the internet as the most direct way to get music, the record industry must look to amend their entire system because they ignored the internet for the most part until it basically undid them (to the extent where the exist, but have seen profits drop almost 80% from what they were in 2000). In the next few years, I'm gonna say that the majors will still be around, but rather than having intermediaries like they've always had, they will eliminate the middleman so they can deliver their product up-front. Radiohead effectively did this when their record contract expired, by selling In Rainbows at the buyer's discretion. The majors are going to have to realize that all the money they thought was in the record business is now gone, and is floating somewhere in the ether of artists who can successfully sell themselves as a brand. When labels start to sign bands as entities that have already created a brand, then the money will come back and you will see the majors become a hub for all these entities to rely on, but to also use to further their own brand. They will become one single entity that encompasses the band, the middleman, the end, and the product.

I hate when broads tell you they are low maintenance and haveno preference on the restaurant for the night. Then they frown at all your suggestions nodding no coyly as you continue to list options. Then when you get there they don't even finish their chicken nuggets, expect you to pay, and say "I can't believe I got dressed up for this."

excema. i don't have it but i recently met someone who coulda been a 10 without it.

people who dont FUCKING text back.

yes, this. if you are busy, please say so and i will go along doing what i was doing.

AND:

forgetting i was wearing eyeliner and rubbing it off and then looking like a hot mess.

^ ain't that about a itch...

it seems its a skin condition, super visible when not in remission and maybe even contagious. sucks for her!

Furthermore, wet shirt sleeves/cuffs piss me off.

I hate when people don't pay on time. Especially wealthy people who can wipe their asses with thousands of dollars but fuck around with paying an invoice for few hundred. And I hate calling them to remind them that they owe me less than they usually spend for dinner. Fuck!

it seems its a skin condition, super visible when not in remission and maybe even contagious. sucks for her!

I know... my post was just a (failed) parody of the phrase "ain't that about a bitch" :o