The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

4 minutes ago, SuperJackle said:

Thought I would post the progress on a pair of 5000XX that I’ve been wearing off and on for a few years. I really brought these into rotation this past October, and they’ve essentially been my around the house and yard work jeans all winter. I had these tapered at railcar a few years ago and they did a fantastic job. This is the later denim which I think was Pima cotton. 

174F3F86-C47E-4CD2-9D43-FCF71530BBE5.jpeg

25978B47-88C3-4FC6-9686-41C03CCA753B.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The patchwork, is like building the plane as I’m flying it, really.  I do try to layout the materials I’d like to incorporate, in front of me before I take off :laugh2::biggrin:  ... IG has been inspirational.
I learned to chainstitch lately, so that’s a fab addition to the arsenals.

Thanx peeps @Geeman @501XX4EVER

edit: Sample patches & stitches ... btw, jeans project is for a lady friend.  The prepped [hslf-finished] patch is mine, tho.873CA925-F096-4FDB-8100-92693EAEC1B6.thumb.jpeg.8b3b8e1b85fc3632c925dd50d8da228c.jpeg

chainstitch & backstitch [front & back]B028002D-57C9-4901-8290-EBBA0DD9E7CC.thumb.jpeg.c92e2219012be0ff6fab09ebf1e3d202.jpeg

Edited by BrownMetallic

• 3 weeks later...

Not a brand often seen here, if ever... But here is my recent denim project going quite well. Visvim Social Sculpture denim 01.2R. Duration: 6 months. 3 machine washes with Warehouse denim detergent. Love the indigo dyed elk leather patch subtle aging.

dJ1AEQH.jpg

w9Tr2I5.jpg

lv4kXhR.jpg

Edited by Collin

Yup, those are sweet @Collin. Looks like there’s some real good puckering to come on the back yoke and the patch is something else  

Daft question, what’s in your back pocket to give you that straight horizontal fade? Doesn’t immediately look like a wallet or phone. 

2 minutes ago, unders said:

Yup, those are sweet @Collin. Looks like there’s some real good puckering to come on the back yoke and the patch is something else  

Daft question, what’s in your back pocket to give you that straight horizontal fade? Doesn’t immediately look like a wallet or phone. 

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

Puckering on the back yoke is due to my hand stitching. I tend to break back yoke stitching quite quickly when it's 100% cotton thread and this jeans was no exception. I re-sewed the entire back yoke using waxed linen thread with some tension. Definitely get some puckering doing that hehe.

The weird back pocket fade is because the back pocket have an hidden zippered pocket in it. You definitely can see where the zipper is. I', not really fond of it in the aging progress but I didn't wanted to remove it to see how it would evolve. 

52 minutes ago, Collin said:

Not a brand often seen here, if ever... But here is my recent denim project going quite well. Visvim Social Sculpture denim 01.2R. Duration: 6 months. 3 machine washes with Warehouse denim detergent. Love the indigo dyed elk leather patch subtle aging.

dJ1AEQH.jpg

w9Tr2I5.jpg

lv4kXhR.jpg

What do you think of the jeans quality wise?

I won a eBay auction on a pair for $15 once and never wore them because I was wearing other jeans at that time.

Now I gained weight and they don't fit me anymore. 

1 hour ago, greathoudini said:

What do you think of the jeans quality wise?

I won a eBay auction on a pair for $15 once and never wore them because I was wearing other jeans at that time.

Now I gained weight and they don't fit me anymore. 

Nothing fancy for their price point (now over 30'000jpy). Visvim is a luxury brand and not every item can justify its price point.This denim is sanforized with nice vertical slub, a lot of Levis 50 era details while being a "modern" jeans with a slimmer silhouette. I'll do a full review in a while. I'm a Visvim fanboy so for the sake of it I had to try at least once one of their denim. But in my opinion it doesn't worth it.

Same here. I wasn't very impressed with the jeans when new allthough the patch and hidden pocket are very cool. The denim itself didn't had a lot of character so I was curious on your opinion after some wear.

I bought a lot of second hand stuff from visvim and I still like it a lot but as you said, a lot of their stuff just isn't worth the money you pay for it when you pay retail price. Especially outside of Japan.

Would love to see some more visvim in sufu waywt though :)

Edited by greathoudini

• 2 weeks later...

X-post form OOE thread.

Fades update on my One Yofukuten OA02-1017. Duration: 1 year and a half. Actual wear, around 9 months or more. 2 hand washes 8 machine washes (first with warehouse's detergent and lately with Superstitch laundry detergent which is quite aggressive and lighten them up). As with all my denim, the yoke's stitching got destroyed rather quickly. Repaired the whole with hand backstitch with waxed yellow linen thread that are also fading with washes. How awesome!

I'm still in love.

The contrasts are less important in person. Photos taken under the noon sun!

P5LBb1Xl.jpg

AKG8W5cl.jpg

9az06wCl.jpg

nmHm9mel.jpg

IZqWTNAl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...