japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

yo i cant sleep :(

but if there is lots of biochem i will be happy

that's my major, just finished nice large bcmb course.

i would say my weakest is physics, since i don't grasp mirrors and lenses that well. but we'll see. here's to what passages come up.

let me know what the hollywood fall stuff is like. i haven't seen any of their collections since sputnik. good job on koppin nn tho. they b nice denimz

I'm not really gothninja mayne.

My last fit consisted of a purple/yellow dinosaur top and a tee with monkeys on it.

I can understand where you're coming from tho.

I wear some lame basics, and I'm moving away from that (probably why I've sold my NN/Ann D stuffs).

i enjoyed that jumper lab.. thats the BW that i leik!

you think this dante carver guy is really gonna be the next black shane (can't remember his last name...cumin?)? not like this nigga did anything that important or is gonna get remembered. and besides, ichigo looks nothing like him.

You referring to Thane Camus?

thane_1.jpg

I haven't seen him on T.V for a while. He had a dispute with the agency he was with, sued them and now started his own agency Eclipse Productions.

Dante is on the Softbank ads. All he says is sumimasen in the ads and he's on sanma goten past tuesday. He couldnt speak a word of Japanese, had his script written out in romaji but still couldnt read it and had to have the other guest with english abilities help him.

Im just saying there is always space for an african-american character on Japanese media. Where he fits, Ichigo has to find out.

Past african-american characters

Bob Sapp

sapp1.jpg

Wikki-san

wikki3.jpg

Sankon-san

MM-M95-0608.jpg

Hey guys!! i'll be heading up to tokyo for a business trip end of August.

I'll like to maximize my trip to the fullest and thought of heading to some clubs to chill out. Problem is I'm probably gonna be alone and am a female. Would you guys recommend some non-sleazy joints where i can enjoy my solo night out?

just avoid roppongi at all costs.

the rest should be ok. jp boys are harmless

I know this girl that worked for the Korean "CIA" for 5 years translating documents. She got into harvard business school. Her english sucks. Lehman isn't elite enough anymore?

Homie.

She be a woman.

Female MBAs applicants are ridiculously low.

I'm male.

With an Indian surname.

You know how many fucking Sanjeevs and Amirs and Amits and other stupid ass Indians apply to MBA.

Lehman is second tier status man.

Goldman / Morgan is top tier.

Actually hedge funds are top tier.

But if you aleady at a hedge fund you don't need an MBA.

That's the irony of top MBAs.

The people that can get into a top MBA don't need the MBA.

But Harvard wants to be balla status and the best.

So they only select the best.

Unless you're a minority.

You be Chinese or Indian.

You're fucked.

I wish I was a hispanic female.

Or a transexual black.

*Cries*

Unless you're a minority.

You be Chinese or Indian.

You're fucked.

I wish I was a hispanic female.

Or a transexual black.

Affirmative Action dont work for Chinese people... only Blacks and Hispanics

Im just real surprised at the amount of support i'm getting.. I thought i'd get slapped in the face but you guys really motivate me..I'll only keep on fighting until I make it.. Then like i said, we can all hang out n shit..:cool:

ichigo: I think you need to be very, very realistic about your plan. But I do understand your willingness, ahaha..:D

just to tell u a bit of my friends story. 3 of them I know already went to japan (to teach english ,e.g., JET program recruitments). they are european, indian, and mixed asian/european. They are staying over there a minimum contract of 1yr and extendable, and basically jap provides almost everything (of course not luxuary), incl small apartment room/block, plus earning money by teaching prim/mid school kids. nice and easy ;)

(and of course, like you, they were all initially inspired by jap cultures/animes, etc and also speak a bit of jap)

They are enjoying overthere, basically working and relaxing.

however, you need to know that even such a simple 'english tutoring', there's a competition. This mixed girl I know well, though I dont remember exactly how she found all about these programs, I was the one who wrote a reference letter for her application form since I was the official course tutor of the stage3 science paper she took. (yeah i know it wasnt really related to the topic, im not really supposed to do that..) and i was quite discouraged to see all the messes of complicated procedures, etc that i almost told her to give up. :o

Anyway to cut down short, the important thing for you to have is, what 'degree' do you really have? i really meant qualification as in university level. or, well regconized 'internationalized' cerficates for your specific skills ?

All of three had superb skills, or were over-qualified (honors in science degree) for what they are doing now. and clearly, their english (and teaching skill) are never the problem. With such advantages, they got in without much of the problem. Again, this may be different for different jobs/positions/number of people applying in the semester.

I feel that you need to attend university or similar, I meant, be (in relative) "professional" in one particular area so as to be needed or wanted by the japanese society or job/etc.

perhaps even take japanese language as your minor if you are serious. It ain't easy, because non-japanese asians (e.g., korean/chinese) will kick your ass in any test or exam, and you end up getting C or C-. at most ;)

And... you cannot just go there first! (ok for trip). You gotta apply all these complicated shits well before, and it can take up to 3-6 month+. Only after your appications are successful, and everythings all sussed out clearly, u may "go" to japan. (and only after you are fully settled over there... you might/might not be lucky to get some hot japs)

hope it helps, cheers

When and why did jmatsu get banned?

Pretty sure its because of this thread

don't remember exactly what he said but I think the mods deleted some post he made in chat edition so he called them out about it.

edit: this is the "official" explanation

since this will be asked a million times; for continuosly violating very basic forum rules regardless of several warning.

I will be going back in two weeks. Does anyone have a non-prepaid cell? I'm wondering if it will be worth it to purchase one. What are the plans like/monthly payments?

just bring your cell from back home and enable roaming? doesnt cost that much these days..

just bring your cell from back home and enable roaming? doesnt cost that much these days..

the japland carriers dont provide regular GSM.

you dumb nukka

getting old. can't do 8 hour music festivals anymore. i was sitting down halfway through fatboy slim. haha

ohhhh, you were that girl.

I saw this couple at the Yelle concert basically try to sit down in the middle of a mosh pit because they were tired of jumping and wanted a 休憩, I guess Illicit substance abuse will cloud your judgement.

I got there at around 11:30AM and already there were like a thousand Japanese kids passed out, laying down in that astro turf area. 訳分かんない…

in other news,

1) ultra lounge is weak, and

2) you can find info on phones, etc using the search function in this thread.

Actually, yeah, I think there were a lot of people who looked like they were rolling/high/whatever.

But I was hanging around the dance stage so maybe thats just where all the crackheads congregate.

Anyway, all you need to procure substances is a solid connect from an underdeveloped country who makes a killing selling overpriced drugs in Tokyo. They are more common than you think.