World-wide denim project

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, the shirt is pretty well received (except for by me) in the 34s. You might all want to post your size to see if it can be done.

yes, Shirt - 34s:

beardedpotato

captain5640

40ozprophet

Justinbaily21

No, Shirt - 34s:

theetruscan

will_i_am

Just for humor value, in dress shirts, i'm a 17.5/37, in sport shirts I'm a size LONGASS arms.

To be honest, this whole thing to me is just getting out of my normal style, so I don't mind the shirt. If the shirt is a make or break thing then I think that we would be better off without it. I really like the line-up we have right now, and I think most everyone does too, and I don't want us to lose someone over a shirt. I think everyone loves the belt idea, though.

I think "The Flat Head 3001 World Tour" sounds good.

As for the shirt and belt. If people are against it, that's fine. I think the belt and denim will be great by themselves. Either way it will be good.

I'm in!! Wish I could get it before the weekend... I'm going on a cross-country trip from Syracuse NY to L.A. Cali and this sucker would've been on the whole time haha.

Great idea. However, it might be too bulky and heavy towards the last leg of its journey. Maybe we can just cut out the customs stamps etc and stick it onto a log book of sorts

or maybe we can just sent the jeans to the next person and the package to the final destination? maybe not. i think your idea sounds better,

i just got a good idea for the log book. maybe the cover could be the customs stamps cut out and pasted on and in the book we could write what we did and stuff in the jeans on certain days... i.e.

january 7 - wore them sledding and fell in mud. JERSEY

january 16 - went down south for a few days and went mountain biking JERSEY

january 21 - jeans arrive in HONG KONG

january 29 - hangover and vomit. jeans needed to be washed HONG KONG

Great idea. However, it might be too bulky and heavy towards the last leg of its journey. Maybe we can just cut out the customs stamps etc and stick it onto a log book of sorts

cutting out the stamps would be cool. so would taking pictures of jeans being worn at regional landmarks and favorite places. then a scrapbook could be made as a log of the jeans' journey around the world? or are we getting ahead of ourselves here.. anyway, just an idea.

I think "The Flat Head 3001 World Tour" sounds good.

since the Flat Head project wouldnt have been possible without:

(1) kiya's generosity and his dedication to denim,

and (2) the superfuture community,

i think it is fitting for the title of this project to mention self edge and superfuture. "SExSF: The Flat Head 3001 World Tour"?

since the Flat Head project wouldnt have been possible without:

(1) kiya's generosity and his dedication to denim,

and (2) the superfuture community,

i think it is fitting for the title of this project to mention self edge and superfuture. "SExSF: The Flat Head 3001 World Tour"?

I think this is a good idea because of Kiya's generosity.

Also, if we need a mascot, I thought I'd post some pictures of '32 Ford with it's Flathead engine.

513781620_cbb7638b1b.jpg

513781626_e5bf63d24f.jpg

513781630_cc36b6549e.jpg

Here's this for an idea..

The 3001 will come with a tan leather belt from Sugarcane or Skulls and a 14 ounce Raw Denim shirt from Iron Heart if ALL wearers agree to wear all three items every day (reasonable exceptions accepted).

If not, we're still on board for the 3001 and S5003, both from Flat Head.

Just tell us where to send them.

im down, we'll take pics everyday to be prove it

If all (or most) of the items make it back to Self Edge once the entire thing is done i promise to throw a party and show off all the clothes and photos art gallery style.

^^ this is a little pricey (with film and a camera) but maybe get a cheap polariod that gets send around with the jeans that people contribute their pictures to, for said party? what are your thoughts kiya?

Either way works great.

Ideally it'd be really cool for ALL groups to have physical photos that they can mail with the jeans OR what would be safer is if they just mailed in the photos to the appropriate store that's donating the product.

Either way works great.

Ideally it'd be really cool for ALL groups to have physical photos that they can mail with the jeans OR what would be safer is if they just mailed in the photos to the appropriate store that's donating the product.

My plan is digital photos for the first leg. But, again, if the 34" group does a shirt, I'll have to bow out, so that might work for everyone else. Of course I would send a "copy" in some form or another to whoever wanted them.

Either way works great.

i agree. 12345

Either way works great.

I also agree - I think that it would make for a more interesting exhibition if each person would put together a package of materials related to their time with the jeans - pictures, tickets or receipts for events that the jeans attended, art created in the jeans, writings, music that soundtracked the journey... the list is only limited by our imaginations.

it's as simple as this "if somethings worth doing, its worth doing right"

if we do this right its gonna be something very special for all involved especially the shops who are kind enough to donate if they do display parties similar to what kiya was saying.

I think that the cutting out of the customs stamps and putting them into a log book is great, the whole journal idea is fantastic really, would be really cool for the last people in the tour. I think it would be better to call it some kind of "world tour" right? since thats basically what it is.

Oh and im volunteering to go first!

maybe just make a mock list of order and then those that see gaps where it can be improved can update the list?

Yeah, will do. I've only heard back from a number of people so I'll give it some more time.