World-wide denim project

this is lame.

the scrawnies have hijacked this shit and turned it into some lame contest.

this started out as just a cool thing for some of the long-time superdenim posters to do. something to share how we live in different parts of the world.

now, it's turned into some bullshit contest with other denim stores involved and a million kids and shit. fuck that.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really think that it is supposed to be a contest, even though I understand what youre saying Miz. however I don't think that this type of project should be in anyway exclusive to you guys. The idea is great, but if other people want to get together a group of people and recreate the project you guys started, whats wrong with that? after all, Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

this is lame.

the scrawnies have hijacked this shit and turned it into some lame contest.

this started out as just a cool thing for some of the long-time superdenim posters to do. something to share how we live in different parts of the world.

now, it's turned into some bullshit contest with other denim stores involved and a million kids and shit. fuck that.

Hey hey hey-

We (The Skrawnys) never said anything about a contest-

If there is enough interest to warrant multiple traveling pants then the more the merrier.

Wasn't trying to hijack anything. It just sounded like a really cool idea that lots of people wanted to participate in.

Well the idea was so good, and the fading opportunity so great that many more people felt a little left out. I'm sorry if we ruined your thing. I guess it's not too late to not do it, but I really like the concept and community aspect of it. The reason any of us post on this forum in the first place is honesty for the love of denim. That's why I feel confident that nobody will run away with the jeans. We all want to see what they'll look like. Contest was not the best choice of words, but who cares? I associate 'contest' on this board more with 'group activity' than 'competition.' I think that it will be fun to see how each pair fades and moves around the country/world differently. The pictures will be great. Not all of the 'long-time superdenim posters' are a size 30". Sam owns a denim store and you're acting like their group isn't worthy of the project's concept. I didn't know that it was limited to the so-called elite posters only. I, for one, will be jumping off of a pier and into the SC ocean in my group's pair. I can just see the picture of me in mid-air above the water, or theetruscan standing next to a gorilla, or another member under the Eifell Tower and I love that. I'm surprised that you don't want to see the difference in fades that the different jeans will take on.

You guys created a community event that a large part of the community was excluded from, either due to the limited number of people (13) or the size of the jeans. Its only expected that the people that are excluded would want to be involved, no need to get high and mighty about it.

i'm all for a ton of people doing this with different sizes and what not.

really, y'all can do whatever you want. but don't just automatically include us into some new contest thing. it's clear that there is some competitive thing going on, which is not what the idea was about at the beginning.

You guys created a community event that a large part of the community was excluded from, either due to the limited number of people (13) or the size of the jeans. Its only expected that the people that are excluded would want to be involved, no need to get high and mighty about it.

pg2g, i'm not being "high and mighty" about it. sorry, if i came across that way. just didn't like being included into some contest thing with a bunch of new sponsors and what not.

its cool... go for it. it was never a community event for me, but i do see that it has spawned other groups doing the same thing.

i am excited to see how these all turn out, i just dont want our original idea to get lost in the clusterfuck.

Don't hate, miz. It's still all friendly. Not getting commercialized even though every jean gangbang (I'm hoping this term'll catch on) is sponsored by a store. This, to me, is really going to make sufu have a real community in the real world, and not just online. Not everyone can fit into a 30", and not everyone could join in.

Sufu jeans gangbang!

I can see that, especially with the word contest in the title and the whole team deal :P Really though, there is no prize, there is no judging criteria, and there are no judges.

Anyway, it should be exciting :P

No hard feelings miz. You guys make me wish I fit into a 30, haha :)

Don't hate, miz. It's still all friendly. Not getting commercialized even though every jean gangbang (I'm hoping this term'll catch on) is sponsored by a store. This, to me, is really going to make sufu have a real community in the real world, and not just online. Not everyone can fit into a 30", and not everyone could join in.

Sufu jeans gangbang!

i too like that term. except a true gangbang would require everyone to bang at the same time. technically, this is more like "running a train" on that ass, if we are going to stick with the deviant sex analogy.

There is no judge, no prize, no time limit. This is much more like a road trip than a race around the world in 40 days sort of thing. The denim stores which we all love and appreciate are as much a part of our superdenim community as anybody else. We're not getting Wal-Mart to sponsor a group, it's Kiya, Gordon and Sam. We know them on a first name basis. I think that the real world component really adds to the exciting and cool factor. I'll literally be driving somewhere to make my hand off in person, and there will be photos of two members participating in the thing together.

Project seems much more apt than contest. It's not like there's some judge who will pick a pair and a month and say that's the "winner." It's just a bunch of people passing around a bunch of jeans for fun. I thought it was the coolest thing I've seen on a forum yet. Seems like it bothered some people, oh well.

I don't see why anybody is complaining. HAVE FUN PEOPLE!!! That's what it's all about, right?

I agree with the knowing each other shit too...whether you like it or not, we're all in the same circle. Most of us are only one link apart.

BTW Cotton, I've decided to stick with the 34s even though they'll probably be hella big.

Updated:

PG2G - LA

Soraanaam - LA/China

Largo - Thailand

Cotton Duck - Amsterdam

Twistedtrees - Chicago

Justiz2 - Malaysia

Mrip - San Jose

Dex Star - LA

Cameland - Melbourne

Proff Monitoff - Vienna

Ordo - Vancouver

(Kiya - SF)

(Westside - all over the place)

(Fallen Angels - ?)

I hope this happens. I can see a pretty good round-the-world route for it judging by the list above...

Updated:

PG2G - LA

Soraanaam - LA/China

Largo - Thailand

Cotton Duck - Amsterdam

Twistedtrees - Chicago

Justiz2 - Malaysia

Mrip - San Jose

Cameland - Melbourne

Proff Monitoff - Vienna

Ordo - Vancouver

(Kiya - SF)

(Fallen Angels - ?)

And edited again, remember we haven't heard anything from Kiya yet, so for now I'm just keeping track of things, nothing more...

I like the original idea of it, it's not a contest in anyway. I can understand the original 13 getting defensive of their idea, but we're not trying to crash your party. You do your thing, we'll do ours and in the end we'll all have a lot to show for it and a lot of different stories.

The 34 group seems pretty chill. Everyone has something totally different to add to it. Patchwork tapestry of denim.

When I initially suggested a 32" group, I was just thinking it would be a cool project/experience, and also I was half drunk and on some mind-bend shit from watching the season finale of Lost, so my brain was a little frazzled. I didn't think a new group would actually happen, especially (literally) overnight.

However I feel what Miz said about it being something for long-time posters is something I do think is fair. I definitely have been on here a lot shorter than most people. So if there are any long-time 32's who would want to be in on this project, I will respectfully bow out. However if my wear is needed, I would be more than happy to take part in it.

its not longevity... its postwhoring

and some respectibly (goddamn spelling) very helpful, knowledgable denimheads (chicken, educated me like crazy)

ive been here as long or even longer than some of the "dirty dozen + 1", but i either dont kno as much or dont post enough...

nothing important... im just saying

For the record.. i only said "contest" because it was presented to me as a "contest".. and the title of the post says "contest".. i don't really care what it is..

i'm just down to give away free jeans to support it.

For the record, i'm a size 30.

So the 3001's in 32 and the S5003's in 34 won't fit me so i can't be involved in this besides helping it get off the ground by donating the jeans.