World-wide denim project

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will consider quitting/taking-vacation from work (something I've wanted to do for a while) to do this shit right.

Oh and holler at I_miss_lilly ! It's a pleasure to be in the same group as you. How are them boots holding up?

Potential order for the size 32 group. I only got responses from around half of the people, I guess I'll pm the others. I tried to accommodate people but also attempt to group stuff in the states, europe, and asia. Let me know what you think.

1. June - captain5640 (UT, visting Spain/Italy/France)

2. July - Soraanaam (LA, visting China)

3. August - Cameland (Melborune)

4. September - Cotton Duck (Amsterdam)

5. October - ProfMonnitoff (Vienna)

6. November - twistedtrees (Chicago)

7. December - adsurgo (NJ, visiting Japan)

8. January - Largo (Thailand)

9. February - Justiz2 (Malaysia)

10. March - ordo (Vancouver)

11. April - PG2G (LA, maybe visiting Japan)

12. May - Mrip (San Jose)

13. June - fallen_angels (San Fran)

I'm fine with it roughly that way, plus with myself and Justiz2 back to back it makes things fairly simple for the SE Asian run!

And thanks for the consideration in including me, at that. I'm kinda hyped to provide something more tangible to the community than 'nice boots!' or 'Yes, jean X DOES fit a bit looser than jean Y'.

February slot is perfectly fine for me. However, as Cotton Duck pointed out, maybe we can slot Cameland in close to me and Largo's slot to save shipping for him? Maybe we'll wait to hear what he has to say.

Great job on the list PG2G.

Cameland requested a September or before date. I'll check with sonaraam and see where he will be towards the end of the month. If he's still in China, it won't be so bad to send to Melbourne.

Potential order for the size 32 group. I only got responses from around half of the people, I guess I'll pm the others. I tried to accommodate people but also attempt to group stuff in the states, europe, and asia. Let me know what you think.

3. August - Cameland (Melborune)

4. September - Cotton Duck (Amsterdam)

5. October - ProfMonnitoff (Vienna)

6. November - twistedtrees (Chicago)

7. December - adsurgo (NJ, visiting Japan)

8. January - Largo (Thailand)

9. February - Justiz2 (Malaysia)

I'd love to start them off. 3 weeks of international travel in mostly Mediterranean climates should get the wear going nicely.

How about each member picks up a disposable camera (for extra mediocre picture quality)... They have 30 shots, right? Since each month will be 3 days shorter or so due to shipping, that would work out to one picture per day plus 1 or 2 extra (for messups). And developed pictures could then be sent straight to kiya.

That, in addition to concert stubs and anything creative, would be quite cool for an exhibition or something like that.

How about each member picks up a disposable camera (for extra mediocre picture quality)... They have 30 shots, right? Since each month will be 3 days shorter or so due to shipping, that would work out to one picture per day plus 1 or 2 extra (for messups). And developed pictures could then be sent straight to kiya.

That, in addition to concert stubs and anything creative, would be quite cool for an exhibition or something like that.

Down with that for sure. Also, I'll send digital pics on top of a disposable camera.

Down with that for sure. Also, I'll send digital pics on top of a disposable camera.

I'm in on the disposable camera as well. I'll have digital pics too. I think the disposavle camera is a great idea though because an awesome collage could be made with all the different pictures that are taken.

I'm in on the disposable camera as well. I'll have digital pics too. I think the disposavle camera is a great idea though because an awesome collage could be made with all the different pictures that are taken.

i agree too, so digital on top of an exposable one is fine with me

Red and I should get our denim at around the same times and take pictures with 'em. I already have a spot in L.A. scoped out:

515363135_804db5a86b.jpg

(taken today @ sufu L.A. mini-meet)

Yeah the camera idea is good, im digging it. I think i even have a spare one somewhere. As far as the group order goes i don't mind shipping to europe but thats pretty much the most expensive place i can ship to. Maybe slotting justiz2 after me would work out better or anywhere to asia is relatively cheap for me.

But if it stays like this i can deal with it too, just great to be part of it.

What do you guys think about this:

3. August - Cameland (Melbourne)

4. September - Justiz2 (Malaysia)

5. October - Largo (Thailand)

6. November - Cotton Duck (Amsterdam)

7. December - ProfMonnitoff (Vienna)

8. January - twistedtrees (Chicago)

9. February - adsurgo (NJ, visiting Japan)

Not sure if this clashes with some of the traveling plans. PG2G? Cotton?

This thread hurts my brain.

Agreed - too many different groups to sort through. So here are the proposed names for the 32s:

• Around the world in 13 months
  • Flat Head 32s World Tour
  • The Flat (Head) Earth Project: 32
  • SE:FH:32 Denim Project
  • Flat Head 32 World Parcel Tour 07/08
  • Flat Head World Tour 07/08
  • The Flat Head 3001 World Tour

PG2G, why don't you just pick one and start the new thread so we can stop contributing to the noise here. As far as the name goes I vote for The Flat Head 3001 World Tour - its simple and anyone seeing the thread title should be able to recognize what it is - just my 2 cents. Anyone else's thoughts?