World-wide denim project

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willy - yeah cool!

Thee - and I'm assuming you chose NOT to follow the instructions about cutting the buckle? Why on earth would they suggest that?

Not much can be done about the stitching? I'm sure there will be pleanty of repairs needed over the year.

Very. You are on the ball!

Theetruscan - do you think that you will be able to handle them? No offense, but do you think that you can wear these? There's not shame in passing these on if it's just not going to work...

They're comfortable. I've ridden something like 60 miles on my bike in the last three days, running tons of errands in preparation for Uganda. They're quite nice now. I can't fix the stitching myself, but I've got a local tailor who will do it in five minutes. They're not as baggy on me as they will be on true 34s, but I'm not uncomfortable.

EDIT: No way I cut the buckle. I just thought it was an adorably incomprehensible hand-translation from the japanese label.

Yeah and we could take a cheesy picture like giving a handshake passing on the jeans lol

great. exactly how i dreamt it.

it's funny seeing everyone with the sig banners. i feel like i accomplished something.

i can go back to bed now.

but anyway.

name-billy. as you can see from the posts on the blog.

question. does anyone knows how to set up blogger so multiple users can post?

if not..people can just send the pics to me or post them here and i'll put them up on the blog..no problem.

Yeah I think so. I will be travelling in the US after I'm in the UK, so that suits me. Ideally that time would be around march, I'll receive them (via post?) in the Uk, fly them to Mexico, then go to cuba, then to US?

Although It might be over a month by the time I get to the east coast so, I may have to mail? We can alwasy meet up after for some "photo op" shots!

I like the idea of photographing the transfer of the jeans, I just dont think it could happen in every case, although I wish it could. I'm still trying to figure out how I'll get the jeans if theetruscan is going to start now, he'll be done in July, then theres two months to go till September. We need to figure out the order.

My real name is Luke.

Also what happened to the belt/shirt idea?

I like the idea of photographing the transfer of the jeans, I just dont think it could happen in every case, although I wish it could. I'm still trying to figure out how I'll get the jeans if theetruscan is going to start now, he'll be done in July, then theres two months to go till September. We need to figure out the order.

My real name is Luke.

Also what happened to the belt/shirt idea?

A shirt seemed unmanageable. A belt was not sent, and I'm not at all worried. If you PM me your address I will mail the jeans to you as close to one month from when I started wearing them as I can get them washed. I'm not quite feeling like paying for global express, but I'll send them the next fastest way.

Just as a word of advice.

Anybody sending the jeans internationally should send them the fastest way possible for two reasons.. If you don't send them Express Mail then it could take up to 10 to 15 days and if you don't send them EM then the chances of them getting lost is far higher.

The card in pocket idea is pretty flash, maybe get a little notebook as well to write the jeans journey in. The problem with me having them next is that I work a lot and need to wear formal clothes, so I'd need to have it on my holiday, in September.

Well, if you're not after me, just let me know who is, and I'll send on. Kiya, I will do that then. I was going to do the second fastest (3-5 instead of 1-3, 1-3 is stupid expensive), but I'll send the fastest method if it's that much better.

ok.

i sent the invite for the blog to whoever pmed me.

but only people with a gmail account so far have responded.

idk if thats because you need a gmail account to post on blogger..or people just haven't responded.

I got my Yahoo invites just now, long after I got my gmail invites.

so as for an order

theetruscan - Uganda, Morocco, London, Paris (June-July)

beardedpotato - Australia / Europe (July - August)

StuckOnStupid - Toronto, Canada (August - September)

I_miss_lily - Calgary, Canada (September - October)

Topvillian (October - November)

justinbaily21 - VA/SC (November - December)

Sais - NY (December - January)

Tyro1 UK - (January - Febuary)

40ozprophet - philly, PA - (Febuary -March)

will_i_am - NJ (March - April)

wEstSidE - Virginia / New Jersey - (April - May)

ktouran6923 - Boston, Mass - (May - June)

masuerte - LA, CA - (June - July)

Selfedge - July

What's everyone's thoughts on this?