World-wide denim project

There is something being organized that involves passing a pair of jeans between 13 people within the span of a single year. Cheep, Miz and Beatle originally thought of the concept, and this thread will act as a better place to organize the participants in the short term. These jeans will be shipped and used all over the world by the following users. Photos and updates will be posted in an official thread and a special website being designed for the event. Context Clothing, Blue in Green and Self Edge have already signed on to sponsor 1 group each. Patronize them with your business and thank them for providing free jeans to the group!

The Context participants are using a pair of 29" waist Rockers and are being organized by sam113:

The Skrawny 13

sam113 - America's Dairyland (28) Confirmed

homme.homme - Sydney (28) Confirmed

evilgeniusdan - Buffalo (29) July Confirmed

chasedizzy - NJ (26) August Confirmed

dunaj - L.A. (28) Confirmed

ratatat - Brisbane (28) Confirmed

aramyr - Tri Cities, WA (28)

heartworm - Denmark (29)

dino might! - Orlando (30) Confirmed

asterix - Cleveland (28) no July Confirmed

386 - Tennessee (29) November< Confirmed

Diamonds - Victoria BC (28) Confirmed

Joeyformal - PhillyxDC (29) Confirmed

The Blue in Green participants are using an unnamed repro in a 30" waist and is being organized by Cheep and Chicken:

1. chicken-NYC

2. almond crush-new jersey

3. ddml-philly

4. headtowall-west virginia

5. cheap-jacksonvillle

6. beatle-Germany

7. tg76-London

8. tweeds-singapore

9. ryu-japan

10. red-okinawa

11. digital denim-san fransisco

12. poly800rock-philly

13. miz-NYC

The Self Edge participants are using a pair of 34" waist Flat Head 5003s and is being organized by me:

FAIL - theetruscan - Uganda, Morocco, London, Paris (June-July)

Finished - I_miss_lily - Calgary, Canada (August - September)

Finished - beardedpotato - Australia / Europe(September - October)

received - 40ozprophet - philly, PA - (October-November 22)

will_i_am - NJ (Nov-December)

Sais - NY (January)

wEstSidE - Virginia / New Jersey - (February)

Tyro1 UK - (March)

justinbaily21 - VA/SC (April)

ktouran6923 - Boston, Mass - (May)

masuerte - LA, CA - (June)

Selfedge - July

PM me with updates that need to be made and sugestions for how to describe this thing.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VA here...I'd be interested in the Flatheads, but its seems like you already got a VA guy.

Also, is this dangerous?

I only spend 4 months of the year in VA, the rest is in SC. A hand-off could definitely be possible. How could it be dangerous?

Edit: I will PM add you when you PM me with your location.

I dont know why an 'official' thread has been made up already just to continue the converstion that was already in place in the original thread. Wouldn't it have been a better idea to start an 'official' thread once all people/locations/start dates had been finalised so then it maybe it was actualy official?

Also there was discussion earlier on what we should call this little project and i dont remember everyone coming to a conclusion or world-wide denim cotest even being one of them.

Sorry if I sound anal but i am just trying to prevent a whole bunch of different threads for the same thing and would like to keep the preperation talks away from what should be an official thread.

I dont know why an 'official' thread has been made up already just to continue the converstion that was already in place in the original thread. Wouldn't it have been a better idea to start an 'official' thread once all people/locations/start dates had been finalised so then it maybe it was actualy official?

Also there was discussion earlier on what we should call this little project and i dont remember everyone coming to a conclusion or world-wide denim cotest even being one of them.

Sorry if I sound anal but i am just trying to prevent a whole bunch of different threads for the same thing and would like to keep the preperation talks away from what should be an official thread.

yeah, the discussion was already going on in the other thread, but it was called "falling out of love with your jeans", the whole relay thing was an offshoot..

VA = VIIIIRGINNNNYYYY

Damn yankees!

Idon't know if yeast infections could get in the pants or something. Or lyme disease.

I'm australian, I dont even know where virginia is? But I'll be in MX-TX-CA-BC-WA-IL-QBand NY in 2008... I just made those abbreviations up, i'm not sure if they are right?

Virginia is under Maryland and above South Carolina. It's on the east coast in like the "middle" but it's considered the south.

Seems like you're going mostly around the west coast and southwest, other than IL and NY, which means at the closest you'll be like 8 hour car drive away.

yeah, the discussion was already going on in the other thread, but it was called "falling out of love with your jeans", the whole relay thing was an offshoot..

it seemed to be going fine in the other thread to me. already had 25+ people signed up in total so there was def visability on the subject.

Mostly i just think that an official thread should just wait untill everything is prepared so there is less planning-talk in it and all titles etc are agreed upon considering this is a group thing.

Yeah I agree with homme homme, but we may as well use this for planning and start an official thread when all is final, maybe one that is locked, that someone can update, like the XXX thread/

I think this thread is a good idea. I know a lot of us (me included) don't read superdenim that often and missed the banter in the "love" thread because the title was so silly.

it seemed to be going fine in the other thread to me. already had 25+ people signed up in total so there was def visability on the subject.

Mostly i just think that an official thread should just wait untill everything is prepared so there is less planning-talk in it and all titles etc are agreed upon considering this is a group thing.

fair enough, i can see what you mean about the waiting. i feel dumb even talking like this though, cheep, miz, and beatle are the ones who got it rolling..

I think this thread is a good idea. I know a lot of us (me included) don't read superdenim that often and missed the banter in the "love" thread because the title was so silly.

Yeah that's why this one may as well take over for now...

I guess there is no hand over possibility from me to westside then, but I wouldnt mind getting them in Feb, and I can bring them to North America with me from UK?

RULE No. 1: No washing, even if Pete Doherty's blood gets all over them.

Oh, there is a handover possibility, it just depends on when you are in NY. I get back to NJ sometime around Sept, but I might vacation up north as well...once everyone's set up I"ll figure out a good way.

I'll make a new thread when we have everything planned out and a name has been decided on. Something so up and running shouldn't be stuck in a thread about something completely different.

Yeah, that happened with the original Samurai contest. So many people didn't know about the it because it was buried deep down in some random thread.

RULE No. 1: No washing, even if Pete Doherty's blood gets all over them.

Oh, there is a handover possibility, it just depends on when you are in NY. I get back to NJ sometime around Sept, but I might vacation up north as well...once everyone's set up I"ll figure out a good way.

I'm talking feburary to march or march to april 2008 possibly, it would be a good way to move the jeans across the ocean though!

tweeds should maybe sticky this? this arguing amongst the 29's are making the 30's happy, you guys will tear apart your jeans rather than hand them off to each other. our's is all love. i think cheap should run it, or beatle. or miz. or whoever wants to bear the burden..