World-wide denim project

For the record.. i only said "contest" because it was presented to me as a "contest".. and the title of the post says "contest".. i don't really care what it is..

i'm just down to give away free jeans to support it.

For the record, i'm a size 30.

So the 3001's in 32 and the S5003's in 34 won't fit me so i can't be involved in this besides helping it get off the ground by donating the jeans.

I think every poster has agreed that contest is a misnomer... miss gnome? There's no real way to win/lose the contest other than getting the jeans onto as many people as possible before they make it back to wherever they're going.

Edit: And it's now project, score one for coherence!

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jeffvyain

i'm a size 30, but i guess i'm not cool enough to be in the original denim group. i wouldn't wanna be after cheep anyway. don't know where that shit has been.

i'm a size 30, but i guess i'm not cool enough to be in the original denim group. i wouldn't wanna be after cheep anyway. don't know where that shit has been.

if it means anything, i have a high respect for you and your denim evolutions. it's just incredible how quickly the spots filled up and yet there are more groups on the way.

So the 3001's in 32 and the S5003's in 34 won't fit me so i can't be involved in this besides helping it get off the ground by donating the jeans.

Kiya, just to clarify, are you offering 3001s for the 32 group? - EDITED - would they be an actual 32 or would we size down to get the SuFu fit?

Hi,

I'm new here but this project is interessant, I'm a 29'' in dior homme jeans so if it's possible I'm interested to join the 29'' one, I'm a serious person, I dealt with japanhookup before he can confirm :)

if it's ok for everyone I'm from switzerland!

thank you

so when did this turn into a contest? it was originaly just a fun project between people who have been part of the superdenim community for a while.

probably around the same time someone suggested making matching team jerseys.

that was a lame idea..

I would have no problem using the white wallet as long as you didn't mind what happened to it... For instance, I cannot absolutely guarantee that it won't at least get wet.

Maybe there can also be something in/on the jeans that could be stamped by customs whenever they enter a new country. Like a passport, the stamps could help track their journey.

I would have no problem using the white wallet as long as you didn't mind what happened to it... For instance, I cannot absolutely guarantee that it won't at least get wet.

Maybe there can also be something in/on the jeans that could be stamped by customs whenever they enter a new country. Like a passport, the stamps could help track their journey.

I was assuming the wallet would go on until the jeans ended up back at Self Edge. I wasn't expecting to see it again.

It's no problem.. as people that know us here know that we love giving shit away for free.

We can do one pair of S5003's in size 34 and one pair of 3001's in size 32.

thoughts?

It'll be Team Flat Edge Self Head.

Or something along those lines...

I'm signed up for the S5003's in a 34, but if Kiya is going to do a pair of 3001's in a 32 I'd like to try the 3001's. Either way I'm still in. I can't wait for this to get going!!

Ideally august - september is too early for me, I was hopping somewhere between november and feb.

If people who are in the 34 group are worried that they will be too big, remember that those are raw measurements, and these most likely will get washed, and also that they

are cinch back, so you can tighten them a little.

I am sorry the original group of friends felt a bit corupted by the commotion, but I'm sure there will be no hard feelings, and everyone can just see some really great results and photos, share some good experiences and what not...

Yeah i think every group has slightly different reasons for participating in their projects but ultimately it's everyones love for denim and sense of being part of the sufu community that we all share.

Also, note for the skinnies. I think we should use our own wallets - different fades would be interesting - but perhaps we should find something we can keep in one of the back pockets for the whole 12 months to get a strong fade. Something with a purpose though - not just for the sake of carrying around. Ideas?

A untreated leather belt could be awesome too.

I was thinking of something like a scrapbook to show where the jeans have been. Maybe along the lines of the 'Travelling Gnome Prank'

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roaming_Gnome). Asking the customs official to track down and open up the parcel/package, stamp the jeans, repack it and send it along might be a bit hard.

if i still can... i would love to be on the 32 team.

There should be room still. Its getting kinda confusing with people switching from the 34 group and so on. Looks like Cotton was keeping track of the people in it, he'll probably show up soon.

Yeah, If our group could arange an untreated belt, that would be great too.

I think that's a great idea as well. Maybe Tanner would throw in one of their belts...

You are the first, even if you have to have then sent to you. I do not know the order of the pick up and drop offs. We do not have a finalized list of all of the participants. We still need two more people to make the 13 complete. Kiya, would you mind throwing in an untreated belt from Sugar Cane, Samurai or Skull? Hell, maybe Flat Head? I think that that would be totally awesome. We're probably going to need a serious belt because of the loose fit :D

Let's start working out the order of the denim's trip.

This is the order I have worked out so far... I think that it works.

1. Theetruscan

2. Tyro1

3. beardedpotato

4. I_miss_lily

5. will_i_am

6. 40ozprophet

7. ktouran6923

8. wEstSidE

9. justinbaily21

10. captain5640

11. fallen angels

Locations for reference: