World-wide denim project

you guys should start june 23rd during the east coast party, that is, if anyones going. thats when dd+1 starts right?

i also think that during the members assigned month, the member should do something out of the ordinary. something the person usually wouldnt do. like go base jumping or something. it would make it all the more interesting.

x-post. istill have to read this thread to see whats up.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyro1, I said earlier I will be in europe sept-oct, so we could do a trade over then. We can start in africa june-july, then go london july-august, then me or tyro can pick them up august-september, then the other swaps sept-oct, then someone? Then maybe 40ozprophet can take them to china, bring them back to the states and trade hands?

So to clarify:

June - July - theetruscan - Uganda, Morocco, London, Paris

July - August - UK guy?

August - September - Tyro1 - UK

September - October - beardedpotato - Europe

October - November - ? In europe or maybe airport in country of my stop off?

November - December - ?

December - January - 40ozprophet

Blah blah, we'll work out something more concrete.

It never turned into a contest. That was probably a poor choice of worlds. In this context, contest doesn't have the same meaning as say, competition. I meant contest in the same way that a three legged race might be a contest between friends in a community. I'm really fascinated to see how these things will turn out. It's true that a pair of 3001s would have been interesting for the 34 group, but the cut just seems a little too slim. In Ayn's modelling picture, the don't seem distractingly baggy or anything. A relaxed cut is best for intense fades. Ill add people to the list when they PM me with their location. Kiya, your generosity is astounding.

X-post for maximum exposure-

So Cameland has defected to the 32s.

Diamonds, your in. I'm assuming you are a true 28, yes?

The Skrawny 13

sam113 - America's Dairyland (28)

homme.homme - Australia (28)

arthur - NJ

evilgeniusdan - Buffalo (29)

chasedizzy - NJ (26) August

dunaj - L.A. (28)

ratatat - Brisbane (28)

aramyr - Tri Cities, WA (28)

heartworm - Denmark (29)

dino mite! - Orlando (30)

asterix - Cleveland (28) no July

386 - Tennessee

Diamonds - Victoria BC (28)

Reserve:

Axtsang - Toronto

Do any of you have any travel plans? Europe? Africa? If so we should try and have your month coincide with your journey. We are US and Australia heavy.

We need these jeans to hit the Asian continent- any of you Aussies heading that way in the next year?

Thought I'd compile a list of the people who so far expressed interest in a 32 version of this.

If I'm not mistaken Kiya said he would be up to donate a pair of FH 3001's for the 32's (and would be part of it then aswell)?

(Kiya - SF)

PG2G - LA

Soraanaam - LA/China

Largo - Thailand

Cotton Duck - Amsterdam

Twistedtrees - Chicago

Justiz2 - Malaysia

Mrip - San Jose

Dex Star - LA

Cameland - Melbourne

Proff Monitoff - Vienna

(Westside - all over the place)

yeah if i can make it out of the skinnies into the 32's then it would make sense for diamonds to come in my place. We need a cooler name for the 32's group though

Tre-Deuces? Deuce-Coupes? Those kinda suck.

But this does seem to be snowballing really fast, but seems pretty cool though.

And thanks to the sponsors. Also, it only seems fair to have the jeans go back to the shop that donated them to display (along with all the pictures). For two reasons really, they were cool enough to donate them, and if they didn't get it, who would? The last person? I really wouldn't care about keeping them, like I said it seems kinda cool project to be part of, but some people would probably feel shafted if one person got to keep something that a bunch of people worked on. But it really doesn't matter to me, just my crappy $.02.

Wow the 12/13 people for the 32s came up really quick, like basicallyin less than a day, im quite suprised.

If it was at all possible I'd like to be one of the first people or have a month any time before August because thats when the skull contest starts for me. Although, even if i have to take it later i wouldnt really mind either but its just a preference.

I guess the 32 group are like the inbetween laggars :\

Hmm, unfortunately I think that i might be better suited to a 32... I think after the stretch the 34s are going to be too big for me. I wear a 34 PBJ which fits a teence big, if that helps anyone with recommending a size.

*also, i think that the shirts are a great idea. we could do like bowling shirts :)

^i'm in the same shoes as 40oz. im a true 33 so the size 32 3001's would be a lot more suitable for me. when this started i think there was some confusion on if the 5003's were going to be a size 33 or 34. now that size 34 was chosen, i think those might be too big. and seeing that size 32 3001's have a 33" waist when raw, those seem like it would be a lot better. if the 3001 group is approved by kiya and sufu, let me know if a team switch is possible. thanks