World-wide denim project

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that is fucking awesome! I cant wait for his pics! I dont know what is funnier, the treatment the jeans received, or the number of times he "falls over" shit! hahaha

Makes me think I better do some real adventuring in these...

Last order I see in the thread is:

theetruscan - Uganda, Morocco, London, Paris (June-July)

StuckOnStupid - Toronto, Canada (July - August)

I_miss_lily - Calgary, Canada (August - September)

beardedpotato - Australia / Europe(September - October)

justinbaily21 - VA/SC (October - November)

Topvillian (November - December)

40ozprophet - philly, PA - (December - January)

Sais - NY (January - Febuary)

Tyro1 UK - (Febuary -March)

will_i_am - NJ (March - April)

wEstSidE - Virginia / New Jersey - (April - May)

ktouran6923 - Boston, Mass - (May - June)

masuerte - LA, CA - (June - July)

Selfedge - July

It sounds like stuckonstupid is not coming after me (he'd never sent me contact info anyway). I'm off to Casablanca, Marrakesh, Essawaria (sp?) and Paris starting early next morning. Hopefully I'kll get a USB cable, but as mentioned earlier, I won't be able to send the jeans on until July 14-15, though if they're sent to somewhere in NA, I can overnight them.

So, my jeans hadnt dried when I headed off to Morocco. I put them in my baggage, which British Airways has naturally lost. I have 2 weeks left on this trip, and I currently have 2 tshirts, 2 pairs of underwear, and 2 pairs of socks. Everything I ever really wear was in that bag. I am desperately hoping that BA finds it, but at the moment I may owe the project a replacement pair, and be otherwise thoroughly fucked.

Also, fuck French keyboards.

So, my jeans hadnt dried when I headed off to Morocco. I put them in my baggage, which British Airways has naturally lost. I have 2 weeks left on this trip, and I currently have 2 tshirts, 2 pairs of underwear, and 2 pairs of socks. Everything I ever really wear was in that bag. I am desperately hoping that BA finds it, but at the moment I may owe the project a replacement pair, and be otherwise thoroughly fucked.

Also, fuck French keyboards.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

nooooooooooooo

wow thats so crazy .. i was just reading the blog its very crazy gettin chased by a hippo and falling down a waterfall i didnt finish reading to see if it was sarcasm but if not Wowzersss..

Hopefully we get this back cuz i need to outdo you. I might have to hunt vampires or stop a terrorirst or something

it usually gets found eventually. i never understood why luggage gets lost so often.

I certainly hope it gets found eventually. I am on a 7+ week trip, so in addition to the jeans, that suitcase contains just about everything I own and care about. My worry right now is that there was confusion with luggage that the flight crew notified us about in Heathrow. Heathrow over this last weekend was not a good place to have your luggage lost. With the mood in the UK, I am just desperately hoping that that it did not get blown up if a baggage handler dropped it somewhere.

I hope your luggage turns up. Thoroughly enjoyed reading your post on the blog. Such a good start to the project...

Some good, though not great, news. British Airways is amazingly incompetent, and managed to create a backlog of 20,000 lost bags at Heathrow this month. My bag is known to be among the bags stuck in Heathrow. That means that it is very likely I will get it back, and the (now very dry) jeans with it. Unfortunately they're so stunningly fucking incompetent that they have no idea how long it will take them to deal with their lost bags. However, as soon as I get my bag (which is very likely to happen), I will send the jeans on.

Unfortunately, this will be late, and the jeans never made it to Morocco. Sigh. Also, everything I own is in an airport, and I've had to cancel and shuffle massive amounts of the first major vacation I've taken in 8+ years. Fuck BA.

i don't think these are coming back.

silly boy....it's all about the dramatic effect and a good story

After that update of jeans being lost

it would go to a commercial break with closeups of each of our faces lol

for reals, should make a show about it

LOST.jpg

If this project is attempted again, there should be a rule..

Jeans must be in either of two places.. Worn by the person or literally on their way to the next person.

In the end i still think the jeans/luggage will definitely show up.. hopefully soon...

If this project is attempted again, there should be a rule..

Jeans must be in either of two places.. Worn by the person or literally on their way to the next person.

In the end i still think the jeans/luggage will definitely show up.. hopefully soon...

They are still not found, but British Airways is still sorting 15,000+ lost bags in Heathrow. They had a simply epic failing in their system. I am still expecting to see my luggage (not any day, but probably before August) and will simply overnight the jeans the day I get them. There's the possibility my luggage won't appear, but given the way it was "lost" (i.e. stored in a warehouse in Heathrow) it should arrive.

Also, yeah, I should have kept them on my carry-on. I couldn't wear them still soaking onto the plane, and believe me, they needed washing, but no one else should be so retarded as to put the jeans in checked baggage (or even to check baggage, sigh . . . ).

Can I get the mailing address for whoever is next, it should save a day or two when I finally get my luggage.

I completely agree: on your person at all times.

Eating, sleeping, fucking, church, work - I think that we should always be wearing them. Theetruscan, please tell me that there has been some kind of progress with your luggage.

Nope, as before, everything I own is still "at Heathrow." sigh . . .

Believe me, as soon as something is known, I'll let you know. Assuming my luggage is found, it will be because of how excited I am. If my luggage is declared permanently gone, it will be as a note to let you know I've headed off to firebomb british airways.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you guys agree beforehand that if they were lost or severely damaged whilst in your hands you would have to replace them?

Seems a bit extreme, but maybe said offender could be banned if they didn't......would be an additional method to ensure that a project like this might work. Not specifically referring to theetruscan (I believe him that they were lost by the airline), but rather, in general.

Replacing them would be an option but it seriously sucks that we'll miss out the first leg of the journey. Reading theetruscans posts has been great and it sounds like he really got his months worth off wear in them. Either way we're eating up time now with no real plan, I dont really know what to suggest.