What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

Quote:

why are you hating?

--- Original message by witts on Jun 1, 2006 03:45 PM

I was hoping someone would point out a witty print in the graphic or at least some sort of quality detailing/cut+sew! Color me disappointed icon_smile_dead.gif

supreme's done it before with the joy division/peter saville artwork. as far as i can tell that had permission. the supreme magazine/book they put out in the winter has a feature and interview with him. i don't know about the exploited tee though.

i look at the exploited shirt as pretty toungue in cheek as the exploited were a political punk band, anti- this anti- that, then a commercial company is using their artwork. at the same time i'm assuming its a tribute judging by what most of that scene listens to or used to listen to coming up. ... to show they are or were down with whatever back in the day. you know how it goes - people try to ride on longevity and og status. "i was into ____ while you were still in diapers." i don't think it makes anyone cooler, but i enjoy the interaction between the scenes -- punk vs hip hop fashion... two things that were like oil and water where i grew up.

all these people calling themselves "graphic designers" using someone else's logo and having it spell out something else is playing with the same tools - making the old new and bringing it into a new limelight. 95% of the time it's a straight rip, but at the same time its putting a now perspective on something old. everything's been done before, so the source of inspiration's going to find its way into the work.

for the thread:

yankees 7 3/4

iron cross tee (DC ...)

same old levi's

same old white slipons

Edited by mlproject on Jun 1, 2006 at 05:24 PM

Quote: It's still stupid.

My take on why there's no outrage about Supreme using Exploited artwork is

(1) the joke. I mean, exploiting the Exploited?

(2) the Exploited aren't the same kind of band as Minor Threat. Maybe you understand this, maybe you don't.

(3) - most importantly, Supreme isn't that well known. EVERYONE knows about Nike.

But whether you call it a tribute or a parody, shirts that use someone else's imagery are always stupid.

Eh, it is a fucking t-shirt, who cares.......maybe all the dudes at Hoodtalk are pissed that they put Raekwon on a tee and half the people buying it don't know who the feck he is other than a huge black man holding an uzi....just because you know the history/graphic does not make you cool. Listen to the music, be happy that you know them.........

I wore:

Brown/White striped wool Energie sweater

Blue Zara slim fit

Visvim FBT Mid

Quote:

supreme's done it before with the joy division/peter saville artwork. as far as i can tell that had permission. the supreme magazine/book they put out in the winter has a feature and interview with him. i don't know about the exploited tee though.

i look at the exploited shirt as pretty toungue in cheek as the exploited were a political punk band, anti- this anti- that, then a commercial company is using their artwork. at the same time i'm assuming its a tribute judging by what most of that scene listens to or used to listen to coming up. ... to show they are or were down with whatever back in the day. you know how it goes - people try to ride on longevity and og status. "i was into ____ while you were still in diapers." i don't think it makes anyone cooler, but i enjoy the interaction between the scenes -- punk vs hip hop fashion... two things that were like oil and water where i grew up.

all these people calling themselves "graphic designers" using someone else's logo and having it spell out something else is playing with the same tools - making the old new and bringing it into a new limelight. 95% of the time it's a straight rip, but at the same time its putting a now perspective on something old. everything's been done before, so the source of inspiration's going to find its way into the work.

for the thread:

yankees 7 3/4

iron cross tee (DC ...)

same old levi's

same old white slipons

Edited by mlproject on Jun 1, 2006 at 05:24 PM

--- Original message by mlproject on Jun 1, 2006 05:19 PM

Kids today, kids tomorrow.

On a related note, I like that Supreme Bad Brains shirt kinda.

Today was:

Brown AA zip hood

New Standards

Air Max 180

Quote:

aa5dt.jpg

aa24ib.jpg

soundtrack of my day:

you remember TECHNO??

BABY FORDs OOCHY KOOCHY is king!!

check it out.

aa30dv.jpg

STUSSY t-shirt

EMERICA jacket

MUSTANG x C. DREHER jeans

FP STABS

Edited by sXXXe on May 28, 2006 at 09:44 AM

--- Original message by sXXXe on May 28, 2006 09:42 AM

!

baby ford is still killing it.

korn feat. ice cube

Quote:

LOL i payed 8 dollars for it

--- Original message by dcrevolution40 on Jun 1, 2006 03:59 PM

Fake or hook up? You dont look old enough to have had hook up connections when that shirt came out.

Got W)Taps? The United Snakes of America: http://stores.ebay.com/Cobra-Command

WANTED: Supreme XXL size Tees. You got access to that warehouse? Get at me. please. I will pay mad cash/+ any Japan hookups you want.

Quote:

thrift store pick up

--- Original message by witts on Jun 2, 2006 07:09 PM

weren`t talking to you witts, but anyway you don`t find minty supreme shirts in thrift stores for $8..if supreme owners sell their shit it goes on ebay where they can get $50+ for that shirt in good condition.

Got W)Taps? The United Snakes of America: http://stores.ebay.com/Cobra-Command

WANTED: Supreme XXL size Tees. You got access to that warehouse? Get at me. please. I will pay mad cash/+ any Japan hookups you want.

The dude said he got it at a thrift store. Jeezus...get over it already. Beacon's Closet is a hipster type spot in Williamsburg,Brooklyn so im sure one of them got tired of it and sold it for cheap. I got a pair of Stussy Court Forces in size 12 from the same spot for 50 bucks.

lol sorry i found sumtin great ina thrift shop....my bad...you wouldnt be surpised at all if you went to Beacon's Closet

damn msparks you got Stussy CFs there for 50! I've heard of a lot of great finds there but thats the best i've heard. great job

I MOVE WITH NOE FEAR BECAUSE I SMOOTH DISAPPEAR

170244.jpg

vintage tee... love the looser neck and shorter, tighter arms on vintage tees.

thrift store belt

501 redlines

shit...

Edited by cheapmuthafukr on Jun 3, 2006 at 06:25 AM

Edited by cheapmuthafukr on Jun 3, 2006 at 06:27 AM