Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

Good spot Flash, it appears that TCB are now just using eBay as a further sales channel. I assume the price is the same whether you buy direct or via the Bay.

Anyone know the weight of these, specifically the 50s model? I'll trawl back over this thread and see if it's already mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

@sugarmountain i reckon the haphazard stitching on yr nylon has now been reappropriated for the real mccoy lot 003, and both as we know/the folklore goes are descended from ww2 levi "restricted" aesthetics. cookie-cutter wabi-sabi? deliberate imperfections? a bit affected perhaps, but still, WANT.

8492865322_41d3d690d5.jpg

the patch also:

8491772181_c6c849bec2.jpg

makes sense, since cmiiw, real mccoy started off as nylon?

I just found the similar back pocket stitching detail on Toy's McCoy Lot 910.

Regard the relationship between NYLON and McCoy's, cause of the bankruptcy of Real McCoy's company in early period, the owner of NYLON (Hitoshi Tsujimoto) take over the Real McCoy's company as the president of Real McCoy's till presents and NYLON as dealer. So you can see the similar design on certain jeans.

NYLON is the vintage store owned by Hitoshi Tsujimoto. NYLON brand jeans manufactured by F.O.B factory. The same as Porky's - a vintage store and jeans manufactured by F.O.B factory as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Great fit on your Nylon's Capsicum, to me the fit looks correct for a '44.

The '44 cut is not as wide a most imagine it to be, i think '50s cut Levi's were baggier, imo it's one of the most desireable cuts of the lot.

Good pick up Bielby, those Porky's 66 have been on my mind for some years now, ever since i saw a beautiful faded pair in the Lightning DIM.

Cool bag they came in btw.

Pleaseee do post some fit pics when you get round to it.