Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

They're also featured on Lightning #62, "The Denim Book" (page 194), but i now know why i overlooked them despite having read it (well, looked at the pages, as i don't read Japanese), so many times.

The Trophy pair featured on The Denim Book is the one with the ugly (to me) front reinforcements.

Probably good for a pair of work trousers (which i would definitely not pay 44k Yen for) but not for jeans i would normally walk around in

wow i just got trophy clothing stuff and all i can say is wow. their fabric and details are wow ive neer seen before on any other japanese brands. these brand is underrated. i swear .

AE13431E-FE21-4557-A82A-1717345538BA-1477-0000004C0CE84E8A.jpg

8EF29609-0543-43DD-A693-D279A2FDA0C1-1477-0000004BE9A54B50.jpg

^want to make sure no one sleeps on this....i'm guessing the two fits they refer to are the 50's and 60's cuts offered by TCB? $200 is a STEAL and in line with TCB's japanese pricing, are they selling the same items but marketed to a western crowd? fabric looks very nice (from the tcb main line)...

http://happyjeans.jp/tcb/product

was contemplating pulling the trigger or not when my girlfriend walked by...she promptly said "do NOT order another pair of jeans!" ;)

edit: the 50's tcb jeans use zimbabwe cotton and the 60's use san juaquin valley cotton...the 60's fabric is strikingly similar to the real deal imo...

Edited by aho

i'm guessing the two fits they refer to are the 50's and 60's cuts offered by TCB?

Unfortunately there's not a lot of info on the Cut and Made site. I don't think the cut is 50s and 60s cuts, I believe the cuts are more modern. Denim is different from the TCB jeans as well.

TCB is the factory label.....they are mostly producing jeans for others.

TCB also did a limited run of the 50s cut in NOS Cone denim a while back. I found out about it too late...all sold out.

I think if a Devis or TCB project would happen, you would most likely get dedicated guys to join. So a contest with nice enthusiastic guys (at least I hope so). But then, I also thought this about the OOE contest and there are still some guys who could do more (the others doing great! :) )

^would love to see this happen, but can't promise to participate 100% what with the ooe contest etc going on...ed, being close to taichi-san and owning an actual pair, what are your impressions of devi's?

edit: messaged taichi-san on the idea, let's see what we can do with this! (mid-late 2013?)

Edited by aho

^would love to see this happen, but can't promise to participate 100% what with the ooe contest etc going on...ed, being close to taichi-san and owning an actual pair, what are your impressions of devi's?

edit: messaged taichi-san on the idea, let's see what we can do with this! (mid-late 2013?)

i think devis is really underrated. they use extremely good details like buttons rivets and threads! its like wearing a new old stock levis . with you can choose between cone and okayama special vintage denim. i think its really good . specially the price! i can setup a special price for us.

but the drawback again is the cut. well alot of people here are into slim cuts

50's/60's cuts or nothing IMO...I think the more potentially dedicated guys on here are like minded and would prefer it...we wouldn't even need that many people, maybe like 10-15?

Defiant Devi's 2013 or Deviant's Contest 2013....I like the sound of that...

EDIT: making lots of progress already with taichi-san...should be pretty exciting once the details are worked out, I'll keep everyone posted.

Edited by aho

Might have to start a dedicated Denim Project thread soon; can't give away too many details (mostly because everything is in the process of being spec'd out), but yes the 1946 cut is a bit fuller than a 47 and has some interesting "in between" type details from what I gather (WWII rivets, single side tab, etc. from my own studies)...Taichi-san's next project will be based on YM Factory's owner's own deadstock 1946 pair which can be seen here on his blog under day 6:

http://ymfactory111.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-224.html

Very cool stuff!

definitely down for this Devis project Aho! I'll be damned if I miss out on this one

just checked their 66 (or rather 69) cut; the denim looks very similar to the Kyoto Denime model imo

just checked their 66 (or rather 69) cut; the denim looks very similar to the Kyoto Denime model imo

This sounds like something i'd be really interested on getting in on, a 60's cut which comes close to the 'real deal' has been on my wanted list for a long time.

I'll be keeping an eye out on this thread fo sure.

Those are probably neck sizes.