Belts

cecil

cheers mate!

hes actually located in a little store deep inside the camden flea, on the ground level of the parade square. very near the food stalls.

AND if you're in camden on the same ground level, 20m away from crispin's leather shop you'll find a t-shirt vendor named ENZO, he designs and makes his own tshirts. Bono has bought a few tees from him surprisingly enough

cheers mate!

hes actually located in a little store deep inside the camden flea, on the ground level of the parade square. very near the food stalls.

AND if you're in camden on the same ground level, 20m away from crispin's leather shop you'll find a t-shirt vendor named ENZO, he designs and makes his own tshirts. Bono has bought a few tees from him surprisingly enough

Yeah, didn't recognise parts of it, as the last time I was there was about five years ago.

It's still a great morning out. +repped

@Saintkeat

Visited camden a few months ago for the first time since the post fire-overhall, but couldn't locate Crispin's shop.

So bought a belt from his ebay shop especially for my roy contest jeans, made of english bridle in dark brown.

Very happy with it, looks solid and feels it.

Thanks for recommending :)

Dr, never herd of this guy. Can you link me to his ebay store or website so I can check him out? please and thank you.

much appreciated lance

and lazybum, this belt wasn't on a rack in his shop. I told him I'm only looking for a london tan bridle leather belt, so he took out a roll of leather and from that sheet worked a belt out, and then i told him to bevel the edges, work the edges. shape the ends, and i chose the flattest profile buckle out of a heap.

bottom line, crispin has a lot of stock and a lot of experience, just gotta ask for it. I'm going to have him work a belt for my gf soon. 1.25" in mahogany bridle =)

Yeah I asked him but he said he longer does belts in london tan anymore

That buckle is awesome b_F!

Meant to post this a while back, but here it is now...

If you would like to read a little bit about bark tanning and processing of hide:

http://www.braintan.com/barktan/1basics.htm

An interesting point:

Typical materials used for bark tanning include any of the oaks, fir, certain willows, chestnut, sumac leaves, oak galls, canaigre root, birch, alder, hemlock. Bearberry (leaves), heather, bloodroot, alfalfa, tea, sweet gale, pomegranate rinds, certain fern's rhizomes and wood-hops have also been used. In fact, when you peruse the literature, you realize that an enormous amount of plants were at one time or another, in one country or another, important sources of tannin.

In modern times 80% of all commercial bark tanning is done with highly concentrated extracts of Quebracho, Chestnut or Mimosa. These extracts are typically 30% tannin or more, whereas naturally occurring tannin is closer to 10% to 12% of the material. Using these concentrated extracts speeds up the tanning times considerably, although many sources say the resultant leather is of a lower quality.

^ Not to forget Unlucky - if you know your leather preferences he could work out something special with you, virtually anything from a natural saddle from Wickett and Craig to the special, hand-stuffed Moser leather on our Unlucky project (ooops, spoiler).

Paul, If you dont mind me asking, What country are you from and How long did it take you to get your belt from Terry?

I know Europe got hit with snow REAL bad in some parts and they told Terry that it was going to take weeks to get my belt to the USA. Then the US got hit with snow so bad there were major airports with 60% canceled flights. Terry Shipped out my belt December 22nd and still no sign of it. Just curious where you live and how long it took to get your belt with all this shitty weather. Thanks Paul.

Paul, If you dont mind me asking, What country are you from and How long did it take you to get your belt from Terry?

I know Europe got hit with snow REAL bad in some parts and they told Terry that it was going to take weeks to get my belt to the USA. Then the US got hit with snow so bad there were major airports with 60% canceled flights. Terry Shipped out my belt December 22nd and still no sign of it. Just curious where you live and how long it took to get your belt with all this shitty weather. Thanks Paul.

Hi Mike, no problem, but as Mike Ch mentioned, I am in the UK, it arrived after the day he shipped it.

If it's any consolation, I've been planning the ROY comp since May, 28 people got theirs, all posted on 23 December, and mine ain't arrived yet! It seems a worse Christmas post than normal, maybe due to that earlier security scare as well as the weather. I ship quite a lot of eBay stuff, in general it's six days, but 14 isn't at all unusual, discounting holidays.

some pictures of my Sugarcane belt

wuhi_ff6_u31k.jpg

leather edges x indigo stains

wuhi_53e_u31k.jpg

unfortunately i waited too long to treat them so whenever water touched the belt they left spots that so far seem to be permanent. I'm not quite pleased with it but i'll not make the same mistake twice

wuhi_631_u31k.jpg

Hi Mike, no problem, but as Mike Ch mentioned, I am in the UK, it arrived after the day he shipped it.

If it's any consolation, I've been planning the ROY comp since May, 28 people got theirs, all posted on 23 December, and mine ain't arrived yet! It seems a worse Christmas post than normal, maybe due to that earlier security scare as well as the weather. I ship quite a lot of eBay stuff, in general it's six days, but 14 isn't at all unusual, discounting holidays.

Thanks for the info man.

Hi all,

Got me some belts custom made by a guy on ebay, and I'm pretty happy with them.

Not great pics, I'll try and put some nicer ones up soon. But for about $30 each, you get a nice heavyweight buckle (as on the bottom of the two, I bought the quick release for $5 or so also on ebay), custom length and width 9/10oz natural leather, and the seller even pressed an 'a' on end of one of the 3 I bought for no extra charge. From the looks of his other items he does more elaborate stuff too.

IMG_1274_800x488.jpg

top is 1.5", bottom 1.75"

IMG_1300_800x600.jpg

Of the two thicker round tipped ones I picked up (next to my 2 yr old, originally mid brown, belt), one def had a better finish on the sides etc, and the slimmer one which I think I like most (below and top) probably had the roughest sides, but was still well cut, and well I quite like the roughness.

IMG_1305_800x392.jpg

Ebay link, although the pic is awful, 'Mike' from T-bird leather was really helpful and dealt with my constant questions and alterations like a gent.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370435973725&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I realise this kinda reads like a shill post :), but I love great customer service and I wouldn't mind helping make these guys a buck or 2.