Belts

cecil

I am out of words Duke. You win. What amazes me is how unique all of your belts are. How you come up with so many fresh designs is astounding.

29 minutes ago, buler said:

I am out of words Duke. You win. What amazes me is how unique all of your belts are. How you come up with so many fresh designs is astounding.

Cheers mate 🍻 … gotta be honest though, the customers often weigh in with ideas and almost always the concept at the very least

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, smoothsailor said:

I searched on their website. I think I know what you mean.

did see it like mine but also with the whirling log.

i don’t know what I would have done when it arrived with them

Ah so your buckle is actually like that? I didn’t know they had manufactured a different version.

I have a batch of those buckles - all with the swirling logs (which I can’t sell now) but when I’ve photographed them and uploaded them the pics have been ‘altered’ to show a blank square 

Yes it came like that, but it came from a shop in Seattle I think, forgot the name now. They might have sorted it like that.

i thought we were slowly steering towards a world where it would be ancient history and you can wear it again as a cool looking symbol. 
I have a book from a guy who is tattooed fully with all kinds of swastikas in all different styles and shapes, it was his way of making it not a nazi symbol.

unfortunatly we are not there yet

Yes it came like that, but it came from a shop in Seattle I think, forgot the name now. They might have sorted it like that.

i thought we were slowly steering towards a world where it would be ancient history and you can wear it again as a cool looking symbol. 
I have a book from a guy who is tattooed fully with all kinds of swastikas in all different styles and shapes, it was his way of making it not a nazi symbol.

unfortunatly we are not there yet

IMG_3623.jpeg

IMG_3624.jpeg

In India, you can see the swastika everywhere. The symbol holds various meanings, and in everyday life, it is believed to bring good fortune in a material sense. That’s why swastikas can be seen on the doors of small shops and stores. Here are a few photos I took in Tiruvannamalai, a holy city in southern India. In the first one, swastikas, along with three lines and tridents—symbols of Shiva—are captured somewhere within the vast Arunachalesvara Temple complex. Also, within the same complex, there’s a hexagram on one of the gates. However, in India, it has its own meaning, unrelated to Judaism. Another swastika is on the emblem of a house gate, indicating that followers of Jainism religion live there.

image.thumb.jpeg.01213e09e55f950c3fc50f19625ad891.jpeg

image.thumb.png.810fa3affcf64d3aa9aabfd4bb39cfa9.png

image.thumb.png.8737d03c3a39975ae295e40e66f91d8a.png

In Germany it's still very sensitive. You'd get into trouble with Native American/South West inspired jewelry, jackets, etc..

Recently there has been some argument about this window iron of the Town Hall of Lichtenberg, a district of Berlin.

bz_10_kreuz__2__16i9.jpg?impolicy=channe

https://www.bz-berlin.de/berlin/hakenkreuz-rathaus-lichtenberg

We been having this swastika discussion every couple of years for as long as i can remember..  :D

Anywho.. since it was last debated, i've dug this up

It's actually paleolithic.. possibly the oldest recognised complex symbol which mankind has been carving into rocks.. an ivory figurine was found in the Ukraine with the swastika carved into it which was carbon dated to 15,000yrs old

The theory is.. If you cut a piece of mammoth ivory through it's core.. the growth structure of the bone is in the shape of a repeating swastika.. hence mankind has been aware of the symbol and revered it since we've been hunting mammoth

For all the history and suchlike it’s actually not worth the discussion anymore … and that’s exactly why there’s a problem.

More importantly for this thread @smoothsailor ACE Western belt has fantastic patina … on a few occasions I’ve been asked to artificially age or patina a belt but you just can’t replicate proper wear and tear

Edited by Duke Mantee