Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

On my way to the cobbler I found a little shop in Paris that had 3 models of Japan Blue.

They only had tag size 31 and 33.

I tried the JB0102:

- tag 31 was really to tight, I was not able to button up

- tag 33 was too loose with too much room in the waist

I assume I'm a tag 32 in this brand so I think I will order the same size for my Momotaro product line.

On my way to the cobbler I found a little shop in Paris that had 3 models of Japan Blue.

They only had tag size 31 and 33.

I tried the JB0102:

- tag 31 was really to tight, I was not able to button up

- tag 33 was too loose with too much room in the waist

I assume I'm a tag 32 in this brand so I think I will order the same size for my Momotaro product line.

Take my word and the advice allready given on StyleForum. If you fit a pair of 32's in the Japan Blue product line, no way you will ever fit into the same tagged size Momotaro's. Keywords here are: Vanity Sizing.

Japan Blue runs larger than tagged, about two inches. Momotaro's run smaller, have a very tense weave and in case you order an unsanforized model, will shrink too.

Do the math, you're wallet is going to thank you, so is your pelvic area.

i dont know why is the discussion going on in sufu and also sf.

its basic stuff really. measure your favourite fitting denim or any pants. compare measurements to whichever momo you're getting.

i went true to size for the 0702 and im so happy with the fit.

even happier with the quality, simply amazing.

and take mistral's word man. he is the momo master here lol.

i dont know why is the discussion going on in sufu and also sf.

its basic stuff really. measure your favourite fitting denim or any pants. compare measurements to whichever momo you're getting.

i went true to size for the 0702 and im so happy with the fit.

even happier with the quality, simply amazing.

and take mistral's word man. he is the momo master here lol.

I asked here in order to have more sizing feedback. I didn't really expect to meet the same people :).

The fact is that if I do the math I find this: I am a W33. The 0702 tag32 is given for W33. So it should be ok.

Now according to Mistral (that I also trust) I should go to tag33 which is given for W34.

Edited by rexet

The fabric on the 0702 is quite thick and mostly unforgiving, especially in the topblock, not incliding the waist. If you are really slim you might be able to pull of the size 32, but I have first hand experience on both 0701 and 0702 cut in equal sizes. A 28 unsoaked 701, which measures about 29" in the waist was really snug, almost tight and stretched somewhat for a good fit. On the other hand, the 0702 which i tried one was impossible to button. I went TTS with a 29 afterwards and the fit still is snug.

• 2 weeks later...

hey all,

posted a similar question in the superdenim forum earlier but it got moved to the neglected general osaka thread in superjetset :(

i'm in Osaka RIGHT NOW but only for a couple more days and would love to pick up some denim where i can try out the cuts/sizes. Momotaros are high on my list and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a brick and mortar store in town which I could hit?

Based on some outdated guides I checked out BIG STEP mall in Amerikamura but it seems to have been taken over by mainly Visual-Kei style clothing stores and the Denim Factory is now a used clothing store which only sells 'Rodeo Uncle' and used LVCs. Also traipsed out to Kita to visit Organic Blue which sells a lot of Momo's through Rakuten but they had quite a limited selection and nothing I liked in my size (36w).

any help greatly appreciated, but I need it ASAP or I'll have missed out on this opportunity!

@monkeygod:

When I was there a year ago I went to a few place where you could try jeans:

- Samurai official shop, a bit in the north, really nice, quiet shop.

- Hinoya, I was looking for Skull jeans but they told the company went bakrupt which is not true, right?

- Big Step, I think there were Momos here. There were Strike Gold jeans too.

and as I wanted to see Okayama, I took a train to the place. It's something like 5000 yen round trip. I would recommend going on a Saturday. A lot of shops are closed on week days.

And there you can find any Momotaro pair of jeans of course.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by vgadjo

@vgadjo - thanks for the quick response!

yeah i wish i had time to hit okayama but i've been committed to more 'cultural' sightseeing by the family *sigh* The Samurai shop was closed today otherwise I would have dropped in, although I'm a bit confused between the official shop and the 'head office' in Osaka. Not sure if you have the be a Samurai Jeans club member to purchase from the head office as they seem to stock mainly limited editions!

will try and drop into Hinoya and check them out. As far as I know Skull jeans are still around as I saw several shops around stocking them (not my taste though!)

I know about 5 years ago I wasn't able to find Momotaro's in Osaka (yep, real helpful, I know). You could take a trip to Kyoto and there should be a stockist there. That's how I got mines. Anyways maybe this will help if you didn't try it before.

Search:大阪府 (using ctrl+f)

On this site:

http://www.rampuya.c...=1#pageContents

That should take you to Osaka area stockists.

This might be too late though.

Edited by ksisouk

Thanks all! These are currently hanging outside. They are currently drenched in sweat. Did some hiking, built some veggie bins and did some serious skating in them over the last two weeks so they may get soaked again. The grass stains and dirt make the denim look an earthy brownish-green kinda dig it.

@apsidewatch

Those boots are just basic Clarks dessert boots nothing special you can buy them just about anywhere.

Cheers

^^

just need ur verification that it is a clarks. which model btw?

http://www.asos.com/Clarks-Originals/Clarks-Originals-Desert-Boots/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=738046

or

http://www.clarksusa..._boot_men/78358

ur anywhere isnt applicable to where im from though.. Australia is a bitch with this kinda stuffs, its either not available or it is highly expensive.

sorry guys for being off topic, a question on momo;

my friend is getting into raw denim and he's been eyeing for a JB X Momo JB-0102, the one with blue seams and without the GTB stripes. where could i find the cheapest price with postage to aussie?

Edited by apsidewatch

sorry guys for being off topic, a question on momo;

my friend is getting into raw denim and he's been eyeing for a JB X Momo JB-0102, the one with blue seams and without the GTB stripes. where could i find the cheapest price with postage to aussie?

http://www.japanblue.co.jp/jbjeans/storelist.html

Maybe this will help. I don't think the prices will differ too much Aus vs. Elsewhere when you take shipping into account.

CoRLection in Sydney is a nice store. I was just window shopping and they dropped some info on random stuffs for me. Cool guys. You'll probably have to call and try a mail order. I don't know if they do it though. But at least there's no currency conversion.

Hi boys. Loving this thread. Haven't visited in a while. Mistral - great to see you rocking those Momos. Update on my JB0101, bought from Jay over a year ago. 6 months effective wear, two washes. Denim has a nice greycast that's really different from the Zim denim used on my 0705s. These havent gotten much wear the last two months; I'm working on the 0705s and some Eternals for the winter

IMG_0447.jpgIMG_0448.jpgIMG_0450.jpgIMG_0451.jpg

0705s bought from BiG about two winters ago. Six to eight months effective wear, and still breaking this fabric. Two soaks. No honeycombs really, due to looser knee fit. But this is beautiful denim. Went TTS which is a bitch after a soak, but TTS for me was a good call.

2013-02-28132318.jpg2013-02-28132408.jpg2013-02-28132430.jpg2013-02-28132418.jpg

Hi boys. Loving this thread. Haven't visited in a while. Mistral - great to see you rocking those Momos. Update on my JB0101, bought from Jay over a year ago. 6 months effective wear, two washes. Denim has a nice greycast that's really different from the Zim denim used on my 0705s. These havent gotten much wear the last two months; I'm working on the 0705s and some Eternals for the winter

IMG_0447.jpgIMG_0448.jpgIMG_0450.jpgIMG_0451.jpg

Hi dude. Long time no see. I started missing you allready, hehe.

Yeah, been rocking 0701's and 02's.

JB's look good!