Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Hey all, thinking of getting a pair of the JB0401's- question about the sizing though. I'm about a 32.5-33" true waist. According to blue owl's site, the tagged 30 measures 32.5"? I probably should account for a little stretch, but sizing down to 29 seems crazy. Also the 30's thigh/knee/hem measurements fit me better I think. Any thoughts?

^^i second that. they'll be plenty snug.

Edited by satchelbmoore

Hit six months on my 0702s this christmas, haven't put up the pictures until now. No washes.

qtgIC.jpg

UXslj.jpg

Patched up Cuff:

KDzeh.jpg

Patched up pocket:

vTHFd.jpg

And since I'm a little new to this, does this look likely to blow out anytime soon?

6pUxi.jpg

Special guest appearance from my underwear.

Hello guys,

I'm new in the Momotaro jeans world and I'm looking for some advice about the cuts.

I was used to wear Dior Homme jeans with 19cm leg opening (7.5 inches).

I also just bought a N&F Weird Guy that I kind of like except it is a bit too low rise for my taste.

In APC my favourite cut is the CURE H.

Well to summarize I like tappered cut with leg opening between 18,5 and 19,5cm (7.3 to 7.6 inches).

What Momotaro cuts would suit best my taste :) ?

Thank you very much.

You're totaly right, sorry :) !

It seems that I am a true 33 (when I measure my jeans at the waist).

Regarding the size I take all my non-RAW jeans in size 31.

When it comes to RAW I am used to buy them in size 30 (that's the case of the Dior Homme and my last N&F Weird Guy).

Im debating between the vintage label 0901 and the 1005sp. I'm leaning towards the 1005sp for its higher rise. Do these two denim fade the same?

Also, are these a true true straight, or is the knee slightly wider than the hem? I'm not seeing anything on the measurements chart on okaayadenim.

thanks

I wore the 0905SP and the 0201. they both fade the same, but the GTB takes a bit longer (might also be the wider cut). I'll dig up some pics...wait a minute.

The 0901 is like a true 1955s cut, high rise (indeed long enough!) and straight leg.

Edited by Max Power

0905 SP, worn around 10 months, around 4 washes

dsc06397j.jpg

dsc06396c.jpg

dsc06371n.jpg

dsc06378m.jpg

dsc06381a.jpg

dsc06383tk.jpg

dsc06385n.jpg

The only half decent pic of my old 0201 (unwashed), worn around 5-6 months (background is the new 0905SP).

sany2571.jpg

Hard to tell from the pics, but buth models feature the same denim and fade the same.

Edited by Max Power

I wore the 0905SP and the 0201. they both fade the same, but the GTB takes a bit longer (might also be the wider cut). I'll dig up some pics...wait a minute.

The 0901 is like a true 1955s cut, high rise (indeed long enough!) and straight leg.

yeah? from measurements that I saw, it was like an 11' rise for a w30. Im looking for a w29 or 30 but an 11' rise is pushing it. My Flatheads are 11' and i wish it was just a little more.

Also, what are BOM01? I saw a few users mention their momos as that, and the cut/denim looks great.

yeah? from measurements that I saw, it was like an 11' rise for a w30. Im looking for a w29 or 30 but an 11' rise is pushing it. My Flatheads are 11' and i wish it was just a little more.

Also, what are BOM01? I saw a few users mention their momos as that, and the cut/denim looks great.

Mistral, B) I got this one....

The BOMO1 is Momotaro's Skinny straight fit on their signature vintage label denim and an exclusive collaboration with Blue Owl Workshop. It is the brain child of Jay. Detail include a low rise tight top block, skinny through the thighs and a taper to the hem, it is Momo's "skinniest" cut and is unsaf.

If you want a higher rise I would avoid these. Honestly you should be looking at a more traditional slim tapered cut if anything (regular to mid rise roomy thigh taper from knee down) judging by what you have written in the past anyway.

Edited by Rightyow77

Is it just me or are JB0701s hard to fade?

Had mine for a year now (not much wear I must admit) and there's hardly anything noticeable even though my phone ate its way through an inner pocket.

JB denim in my experience is tough to fade I wore mine every single day for 6.5 months and the contrast on them is not huge. But then again I don't think that is what the company is about and I kind of dig the slow progression of the denim. Love the character it gains as it wears in from an almost smooth hand to a textured slubby look. I will post some recent pictures soon.

Edited by Rightyow77

Mistral, B)I got this one....

The BOMO1 is Momotaro's Skinny straight fit on their signature vintage label denim and an exclusive collaboration with Blue Owl Workshop. It is the brain child of Jay. Detail include a low rise tight top block, skinny through the thighs and a taper to the hem, it is Momo's "skinniest" cut and is unsaf.

If you want a higher rise I would avoid these. Honestly you should be looking at a more traditional slim tapered cut if anything (regular to mid rise roomy thigh taper from knee down) judging by what you have written in the past anyway.

that is what im looking. I was just curious when I saw another psoter mention it and saw black instead of white on the back pocket.

I'm between the 0905 and the 1005sp right now, as well as a few fullcount, eternal and warehouse models.

So confused but, the cut on these momos seems to fit my liking the most.

Hi guys,

Since my Dior Homme Raw jean is about to retired after 2 years of intense wear I am thinking about replacing it by a Momotaro 0702.

I am used to wear my jeans raw, straight out of the box. No soak or wash. I wash them one year after with a cold water "silk" mode to avoid any shrinking.

That's the reason I am used to buy and wear my raw denim pretty tight (I usualy size down by 1) until they stretch out to fit my true W33 (I measured my current jeans).

Regarding this, can I assume that the tag size 31 is the right one for me since it is measured as a W32 and I rely on a 1" strech out to reach W33?

Thank you for your help :) !

Edited by rexet

In any case, I wouldn't recommend to wear unsanforized raw denim without soaking. You can size to a snug fit and soak them without any harm. Otherwise you risk damages in the fabric, can't wash them etc. etc. If you buy those 31 you'll most likely end up with a pair too tight.

Edit: According to nordic denimhouse's sizing charts, the 31 shrinks to 30.9". Even if they fully stretch back, I figure them to be uncomfy. But since evrybody is keen on sizing down lately, I'll keep my mouth shut from now on.

Edited by Max Power

hi all.

here is my Momotaro/Japan Blue 0700SP after 15 months of wear.

i agree that these jeans are hard to fade but i still like it. i took this photo with my iphone this morning but i can also upload some better pics later if you like.

best regards.

0705splza9uvwkh0.jpg

In any case, I wouldn't recommend to wear unsanforized raw denim without soaking. You can size to a snug fit and soak them without any harm. Otherwise you risk damages in the fabric, can't wash them etc. etc. If you buy those 31 you'll most likely end up with a pair too tight.

Edit: According to nordic denimhouse's sizing charts, the 31 shrinks to 30.9". Even if they fully stretch back, I figure them to be uncomfy. But since evrybody is keen on sizing down lately, I'll keep my mouth shut from now on.

Actually the 0702 I am interested in is sanforized. So I guess I don't really need to soak them.

I ask the Momotaro FB page and they told me that the 0702 is willing to stretch to 0.75 inch but hardly to 1" (but not impossible) since the 15.7oz is quite hard to stretch.

Maybe my best move would be to buy the largest tag 31. With luck it would measure W32.3 and I could reach W33 with some wears.