THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

im pretty much set on getting pbj xx-007

i can either get them raw from BIG or a one wash from Bears

now my question is, wouldn't they wind up being the same becasue you would have to "one-wash" the jeans anyways to shrink them? also i was trying to figure out what size to get. i know they stretch a lot, but if i get them one-washed would the 28 already be too small for me? should i go for a 29 in one-wash? If i order it raw i could stretch it out when it's still wet to prevent that so i know i could get away with a 28 in raw. about the only other jeans that i have that you could compare to would be nudie slim jims that i have in a 28x34, but they had measured 29 on the waist when i first got them, which is my actual waist measurement, and have since stretched considerably

so anyone with experience in xx-007s, help me out please

Did you read through the thread on these (I think its called New PBJ Model)? Probably info in there...otherwise I would send BiG an email and they'll tell you what size to get.

I am looking to buy a new pair of jeans for the start of the school year and I am kind of at an impass. Right now I am looking at the samurais or even like sugarcanes or kicking mules. My concern is the fit. I have a problem buying premium denim online because I am not sure how it will fit. My question is that if I am looking for a somewhat looser more relaxed fit than most of the superfuture prefer which model of samurais would be the best choice. I am not speaking baggy my current pair of jeans is imperial kings which have been amazing fit wise . I am 6'2 150lbs and waist size is like 31 ish

any advice on this is appreciated because I am just looking for a solid pair of nice jeans that fit well

im pretty much set on getting pbj xx-007

i can either get them raw from BIG or a one wash from Bears

now my question is, wouldn't they wind up being the same becasue you would have to "one-wash" the jeans anyways to shrink them? also i was trying to figure out what size to get. i know they stretch a lot, but if i get them one-washed would the 28 already be too small for me? should i go for a 29 in one-wash? If i order it raw i could stretch it out when it's still wet to prevent that so i know i could get away with a 28 in raw. about the only other jeans that i have that you could compare to would be nudie slim jims that i have in a 28x34, but they had measured 29 on the waist when i first got them, which is my actual waist measurement, and have since stretched considerably

so anyone with experience in xx-007s, help me out please

Don't know if that helps - but I wear a 30 in RRDS and a 31 in Samurai..Tried on the 007's at BIG, one wash, 32 - felt perfetc, and not tight at all..

I think the cut and the denim are looking better when worn "relaxed"

@collie

yeah, i think the more experienced heads on here sometimes forget how tricky the whole thing is

i went through this weird phase, after soaking up a bunch of denim knowledge, where i suddenly decided the whole thing was bullshit because it was too easy to waste your money on jacked fits

anyway, look at the measuring guidelines at blue in green:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=41

measure your imperials the same way

voila

you're actually in good shape; imo it's easier to find relaxed fits b/c of the jp repro fetish

although the fact that you're 6'2" may limit you; i have long legs and need at least a 34 inseam, so i know how it goes

btw, i know they're not popular around here, but revolve clothing has a really generous return policy, and they stock kmw

Trying to figure out which moderate-loose fitting slubby jean in not-too-heavy denim to pick up. I've been wearing my size 36 PBJ XX-007s and XX-008s for a few months, but the lower thigh just isn't stretching out enough to be easy to bike in and the waist is way too loose. I've got some Iron Heart 1634s in a 34, which are nice enough, but still a little snug for biking, though much better.

I've been looking at the Samurai 3000vx, S0310XX, the Oni Red, and the Warehouse 1920. Any thoughts?

Trying to figure out which moderate-loose fitting slubby jean in not-too-heavy denim to pick up. I've been wearing my size 36 PBJ XX-007s and XX-008s for a few months, but the lower thigh just isn't stretching out enough to be easy to bike in and the waist is way too loose. I've got some Iron Heart 1634s in a 34, which are nice enough, but still a little snug for biking, though much better.

I've been looking at the Samurai 3000vx, S0310XX, the Oni Red, and the Warehouse 1920. Any thoughts?

If you're in a hurry to get them...I'd say Oni Red...otherwise, I'm with Beatle...get the Sam's and be our guinea pig. ;)

If you're in a hurry to get them...I'd say Oni Red...otherwise, I'm with Beatle...get the Sam's and be our guinea pig. ;)

Alright, I'm down for the sams. Now I need sizing help.

I wear a 36 in PBJ XX-007s, XX-008s, a 34 in IH 1634s, and a 34 in Kato 25SPs. The waist on the PBJs is too loose, the waist on the IHs is snug, but not killer. Since I can only find Sams measurements on 2nd, I don't have a lot of comparison (or actually know what the columns mean, or how to order - but I think I remember a guide somewhere, and otherwise I'll make my brother do it). Any sizing suggestions?

Edit: I'm really in no hury, my Katos are starting to get some really nice wear after only 2.5ish months of wear, so I'm content to keep breaking them and the 007s in for a while longer.

I wear a 36 in PBJ XX-007s, XX-008s, a 34 in IH 1634s, and a 34 in Kato 25SPs. The waist on the PBJs is too loose, the waist on the IHs is snug, but not killer. Since I can only find Sams measurements on 2nd, I don't have a lot of comparison (or actually know what the columns mean, or how to order - but I think I remember a guide somewhere, and otherwise I'll make my brother do it). Any sizing suggestions?

Edit: I'm really in no hury, my Katos are starting to get some really nice wear after only 2.5ish months of wear, so I'm content to keep breaking them and the 007s in for a while longer.

what model from samurai? different model different modes of sizing ( for me ) i guess its a s5000 eh?

I'm not very familiar with IH's or Kato...and if the PBJ's are too big...hmmm....do you know your normal waist size generally? I know I would probably suggest sizing down 1, but I have the feeling Beatle would suggest true to size because they're a looser cut (me making assumptions...correct me Beatle).

I'd say go with a 34 or a 35.:confused:

I'm not very familiar with IH's or Kato...and if the PBJ's are too big...hmmm....do you know your normal waist size generally? I know I would probably suggest sizing down 1, but I have the feeling Beatle would suggest true to size because they're a looser cut (me making assumptions...correct me Beatle).

I'd say go with a 34 or a 35.:confused:

My normal waist size is 35. That being said, I've been shedding weight since I first got the katos and 007s, something like 30 pounds, but my thighs aren;t getting any thinnner(strict diet of burgers, beer, pub-grub, and bicycling), so that may be wrong. The IHs are a true 34" measured waist, and they were irritatingly but not uncomfortably tight to start with, but fit perfectly after stretching, so probably still a true 35.

Also, just because I can't sort out too much from the machine translation, any idea what the rise on the 0310s is like?

the s310 you have to size down 1 at least..

How can you be so sure ?

I would'nt do that..all the new Samurais run pretty much on the smaller side anyway..

Just check measurements on the 21 oz that have been posted in the Supermarket thread...

They are tagged 32 - and measure 32 pre soak..

With these 310's I would most def. not size down..

True to waist - but measure your waist wher you want them to sit..

I have a feeling that these might look better worn lower...

How can you be so sure ?

I would'nt do that..all the new Samurais run pretty much on the smaller side anyway..

Just check measurements on the 21 oz that have been posted in the Supermarket thread...

I figured you would say that. ;)

Theetruscan - I'm not sure what the rise is...but you can ask Toshiko by sending Samurai an email, or going on the ringxring forum. She answers all the Sam questions fairly promptly.

Got this wonderful pair of Allen Edmond Tauntons ordered to try on the other day. Chelsea style, really nice leather, all handmade. They're selling it for $195...whaddya think? Go with a cheaper Chelsea or suck it up and actually pay for a quality shoe?

94595_450_45.jpg

http://www.onlineshoes.com/productpage.asp?type=brand&brandid=43&brandcatid=1302&ageid=1&gen=m&pcid=63142

How can you be so sure ?

hi. B

im not sure again but from what toshiko said the s510xx 21oz are the only sams that ou need to stay true or size up..i returned mine for a size 34 one size up

all my sam's are lot 10 size 33 on em all... no problem i might be wrong

Got this wonderful pair of Allen Edmond Tauntons ordered to try on the other day. Chelsea style, really nice leather, all handmade. They're selling it for $195...whaddya think? Go with a cheaper Chelsea or suck it up and actually pay for a quality shoe?

94595_450_45.jpg

http://www.onlineshoes.com/productpage.asp?type=brand&brandid=43&brandcatid=1302&ageid=1&gen=m&pcid=63142

KEEP THESE !!!

does any one know about the dukes? I brought a pair of 30 dukes but I think I sized down too far? they are really tight at the arse and thighs? I only got them coz these are my first slim dry denim and the guy at the store said his stretch 2 "...but I'm havent doubts

can anyone help?